Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9401 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Or comes up with better plot ideas . . . this world has really gotten absurd! You couldn't write this in a novel and have people keep disbelief suspended.

“Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.” ~Mark Twain

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#9402 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 3:16 PM
I get an extreme FPS count drop when it's raining, hailing or snowing outside. The framerate would improve significantly if I lowered the camera enough so that the effects would disappear because the game would think the camera's positioned inside a building. As soon as I'd scroll outside, it was down to 15-ish.

I couldn't exactly pin-point the exact graphics settings combination required to have the FPS drop obliterated, so I lowered everything down to low, including bone weights. Raising bone weights alone brought back the FPS drop, but lowering just the bone weights while keeping everything else high didn't fix the problem.

So far, I'm really having no issues with the graphics, as it's not as horrible as I originally thought. I kept Snow on Ground on, so I could see hail pieces and snow on the ground, and I'm trying to get used to playing sims from a bit more distant and non-privacy-intrusive angles anyway. I'm not sure if I'm ready to completely uninstall radiance lighting, though, hmm...
Scholar
#9403 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 8:05 PM
That horrible moment when you go to play the Gavigans and . . . OMG! Where are David and Judith? Please tell me the game isn't eating Sims again! But why is Mary pregnant? Is that David she's expecting? Did something rewind after I used Hoodchecker?

And then the huge relief of realizing . . . Wrong hood! This Mary Gavigan is supposed to be expecting her second child. David and Judith are in a parallel universe.

Phew!
Forum Resident
#9404 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Wrong hood! This Mary Gavigan is supposed to be expecting her second child. David and Judith are in a parallel universe

This kinda made me think: what if some sims from different universes (playthroughs) met with their equivalents from others?
What would happen if the Lilith who went to college, started a cult, and ended her edgy phase met with the Lilith who got teenage pregnant and went to live with the Dreamers?
Or if the Cassandra who married Don met the Cassandra who was left by Don and married Darren?
Imagine the Brandi who had three kids complaining about how hard raising them is to the Brandi who had six! Or Nina wondering why Alternate Nina has short hair and alien eyes. Or all the Dinas wondering why one of them is a witch.
And even with others' sims: one of my friends had Don marry Kaylynn. Imagine any other Don's reaction to getting married! (Well, maybe not the "Married Cassandra and had 4 kids (with her)" Don)
Mad Poster
#9405 Old 1st May 2020 at 1:43 AM Last edited by FranH : 6th May 2020 at 5:02 PM.
Sitting in front of my game, watching it, I realized something right now.

It's actually a relief to go into a universe where there is no rampant death and dying, no suffering or pain.

Where politicians are silent and people aren't stupid to the point of extinction.

And for a little while one can suspend all the world outside.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#9406 Old 1st May 2020 at 10:13 PM
I loaded up the Pleasant family today and let them do what they would with free will.
The entire family just surrounded Lilith and took turns poking her.
This family is just a whole new level of disturbing. Like. It's horrible to even watch.
I don't even care how the relationships deteriorated to this point, this is just terrible. Poor Lilith.
Lab Assistant
#9407 Old 2nd May 2020 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I loaded up the Pleasant family today and let them do what they would with free will.
This family is just a whole new level of disturbing. Like. It's horrible to even watch.
I don't even care how the relationships deteriorated to this point, this is just terrible. Poor Lilith.

I had that too which is why I had Lilith run away and move in Dirk.
Inventor
#9408 Old 2nd May 2020 at 2:35 AM
After removing a mod that denied autonomous kicky bag, I noticed this particular behavior resurface and I don't know how or why it happens. Whenever there are two Sims involved in this little game, I'll rarely catch another Sim in the same room complain about my current playable Sim. Doesn't seem to matter what she's doing either. Especially in the case of the screenshot I'll upload, all that my Sim did was swim around the swimming pool, with her bathing suit on, no less. Sometimes, these Sims who complain will also stare right at me afterward if I'm close enough.

I'll definitely have to start relying more on print screen or OBS when getting screenshots from the game. Those images from in-game sure look crummy.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#9409 Old 2nd May 2020 at 3:00 AM
This gentleman obviously has played our game before.
He's making a valid point, and I think he's right to do so.

And who says the game isn't useful?
Attorney Dresses As ‘Grim Reaper’ To Protest Opening Of Florida Beaches
Screenshots

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#9410 Old 2nd May 2020 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It's actually a relief to go into a universe where there is no rampant death and dying, no suffering or pain. Where politicians are silent and people are aren't stupid to the point of extinction.

Well, most people aren't away. Some are. This is a universe where a chair or a plant in the wrong place can stump a person for hours and where going to sleep before eating something if you're starving is actually sound medical advice. But at least they usually have the good sense not to complain when others try to save them.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9411 Old 2nd May 2020 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
Anyone else played the Sims 2 for so long that nothing really in the game is that weird to you anymore.

The Sims world makes more sense than the real world.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#9412 Old 2nd May 2020 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
After removing a mod that denied autonomous kicky bag, I noticed this particular behavior resurface and I don't know how or why it happens. Whenever there are two Sims involved in this little game, I'll rarely catch another Sim in the same room complain about my current playable Sim. Doesn't seem to matter what she's doing either. Especially in the case of the screenshot I'll upload, all that my Sim did was swim around the swimming pool, with her bathing suit on, no less. Sometimes, these Sims who complain will also stare right at me afterward if I'm close enough.

I'll definitely have to start relying more on print screen or OBS when getting screenshots from the game. Those images from in-game sure look crummy.

This is not complaining about your sim. Red "X" means that sim is currently inaccessible and that's all. Sometimes they only think about it, sometimes they want to interact but can't.
Theorist
#9413 Old 2nd May 2020 at 4:27 PM
@kamoodle5 how come your Sim's motives are white/platinum?
Scholar
#9414 Old 2nd May 2020 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

I find it bizarre that the game is soooo pc with toddlers and children, who can't even be scolded no matter what they do, and at the same time allows babies to be yelled at for filling their diaper (one of the first mods I downloaded was to prevent that), and allows such levels of abuse towards teens who, until the introduction of University Life, were too young to leave home. Lilith and Ripp have always been my favourites just because I felt they needed to be somebody's favourite.
Inventor
#9415 Old 2nd May 2020 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
@kamoodle5 how come your Sim's motives are white/platinum?

It's called the "Sims 2 HD UI". Now motive bars will either be white when full or black when empty.

http://modthesims.info/d/599097/1-1...ms-2-hd-ui.html

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Test Subject
#9416 Old 2nd May 2020 at 7:27 PM
Mrs. Gavigan, you are either hard-coded to cheat on your husband, or Ty Bubbler, recent graduate and beneficiary of a head-to-toe makeover, is far hotter than I realize.
No, seriously.
I had just moved him into a made-over townhouse (the most expensive one from Nightlife, I think? Has a driveway, garage, three usable floors, tiny yard). The poor guy didn't even have time to bring in the newspaper! She was the first walk by, farted hearts all over the place, and ACR flirted with him from the get go. I left them alone for a few minutes to check on Kevin, Ty's roomie, and next thing I know, she jumped into Ty's arms.
Really curious what's gonna happen when her next baby is born in a few days, lol.
Theorist
#9417 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:07 PM
Omg! I had Mary-Sue, the finder of the map to Pagoda in the Shadows, take Lilith and Angela along to the lot, and now that I've had them go home, they're not showing up, and the walk-to-lot sign is throwing empty pop-up notifications! What do I do!!!

Me to me, twelve minutes later: you installed the community lot time project thing, you idiot.
Mad Poster
#9418 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:49 PM
Omg! I had Mary-Sue, the finder of the map to Pagoda in the Shadows, take Lilith and Angela along to the lot, and now that I've had them go home, they're not showing up, and the walk-to-lot sign is throwing empty pop-up notifications! What do I do!!!

Me to me, twelve minutes later: you installed the community lot time project thing, you idiot.

@topp - I assume you're using Crammyboy's old Community Time mod. Delete it and replace it with Chris Hatch's version which will not conflict with University or Bon Voyage.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...297#post5563297
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9419 Old 2nd May 2020 at 11:37 PM

I used the old version for some years and played BV and didn't have any issues, but it's possible CLT is clashing with something else in your folder, rather than blaming CLT by itself. That said, I would suggest you switch to the new version by Chris Hatch.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9420 Old 2nd May 2020 at 11:43 PM
Whoa, didn't know the mod was updated. Thanks so much!

I assume I have to take out both files of the old mod? There's a main package and a token package. Should I take both of these out before adding Chris's?

Jo: actually, I had no problems; my point was that I freaked out over the actual feature that I willingly put in my game. I just forgot about it!
Mad Poster
#9421 Old 3rd May 2020 at 4:00 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 3rd May 2020 at 1:58 PM.
Whoa, didn't know the mod was updated. Thanks so much!

I assume I have to take out both files of the old mod? There's a main package and a token package. Should I take both of these out before adding Chris's?

Jo: actually, I had no problems; my point was that I freaked out over the actual feature that I willingly put in my game. I just forgot about it!

Yes, remove both of Crammyboy's files before adding Chris Hatch's mod.

Crammyboy's Community Time conflicts with both University and Bon Voyage because both of these EPs have their own non-standard timers (Chris Hatch explained this and I'm trying to remember what he said about the problem). I never noticed this problem myself, but if I remember other people's reports correctly, with University there's a possibility of campus community time adding up so that when the sim moves back to a lot in the main 'hood, there can be a considerable delay before the sim actually appears in the main 'hood lot.

With Bon Voyage, when sims leave their hotels and then return later, the controller that populates the hotels with tourists gets confused and can lock up or crash. Tourists weren't checking in and out of the hotel properly and every time the game tried to add one, it would throw an error. If I planned to send sims to a vacation 'hood, I had to remember to exit the game, remove the mod, and go back into the game to play Bon Voyage.

EDIT: For more details, just read the rest of that thread I linked to in my previous post. A lot of questions about compatibility, etc. were asked and answered. Very helpful stuff.
#9422 Old 3rd May 2020 at 5:32 PM
I was reading someone's post about Belladonna Cove in the "Which pre-made 'hood would you choose to live in?" thread.

I had a weird flashback to middle school when I was new to the Sims 2 and I would spread out getting expansion packs over a few months so I could savor them. I remember getting Apartment Life and opening Belladonna Cove and I was in awe with the apartments and all of the types of lots that could be built with them. I felt like apartments changed the game completely. I loved the vibe of Belladonna Cove and I also loved how it had a Bella statue- I was so intrigued with that storyline. I still haven't figured out what happened to Bella.

So here I am - two essays due at 5 pm, two final exams tomorrow... thinking about how fun it will be to build apartment lots in my custom hood and move families into them and feeling excited about it like I was when I was in middle school.
Mad Poster
#9423 Old 4th May 2020 at 9:36 PM
A friend from college posted last night that she was thinking of buying either Sims 3 or Sims 4, and what did her friends recommend and why?

Me: Sims 2! And guess what's loading while I'm perusing facebook?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#9424 Old 5th May 2020 at 9:12 AM
I just fixed an ancient upload of mine which has been niggling at me for about a decade (!). Back in 2007, I made a poverty community lot with basegame, then when Seasons came out it stopped working properly. I could never figure out what the problem was, and I gave up in the end.

Fast forward many years, and I have better skillz and tools at my disposal. Found the problem - outdated CC. Removed that CC from the sims2pack; now the lot installs and loads without issue in my UC game. Hope that means it will work for anyone else who wants to play a poverty challenge! It seems a bit more important because it was one of the few lots officially approved for that challenge. Shame for people not to be able to use one of the options.

I still like the way I built that lot, so incidentally, I rebuilt it today for UC, with improvements to the construction and no need for custom content, since there's enough with all the EPs to make a decent poverty lot. Feeling quite accomplished with that.
Mad Poster
#9425 Old 5th May 2020 at 7:36 PM
While I'm sure posting this will jinx it somehow, I love when I come up with new ideas for lots that are quick to put together...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 377 of 516