Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#9426 Old 6th May 2020 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
While I'm sure posting this will jinx it somehow, I love when I come up with new ideas for lots that are quick to put together...

Please tell me this means soon you will be sharing another amazing lot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9427 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Please tell me this means soon you will be sharing another amazing lot.

I mean, quick by my standards! (but hopefully yes)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#9428 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:13 AM
Come this time next year I probably won't have my desktop to play sims. Me and my mom were discussing whether or not to renew my Dell desktop warranty (it's only good for 3 years and this would be the last time before I'm on my own), and I had my fair share of headaches with this desktop that weren't related to sims 2. Sims 2 continues to run like a dream, and it looks like minor win10 issues have been resolved (I noticed my monitor doesn't flicker anymore too), but my mom likes how big the monitor is and will only use it to do basic internet things, so if we happen to move next year I'll give her this desktop, it's still in good shape after 2 years .

I'm 22 and I came to the realization that I can't sit at my desk for long periods of time like I used to and that cuts into my sims time, so that means I'll be on the lookout for gaming laptops (with a dedicated memory card of course, and I don't think I'll be straying from AMD anytime soon). Playing on a laptop was much more convenient I came to understand these past few days, I've been playing in windowed mode now for almost a year; plus my 27 in" monitor strains my eyes. I just need to find one in my price range to bookmark

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#9429 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:33 AM
My experience with warranties in general is that anytime you really need it, it's expired and that when you do have it, it either covers nothing useful or you don't end up using it. So I tend not to get warranties in general, and I have a strong dislike of extended warranties. But ymmv.

For computers, I do usually get a long 2-3 year warranty, but after that, nothing. With the internet, you can probably find tutorials and videos on how to fix problems yourself or you can take it to a repair shop. I think a general rule of thumb is that if the warranty price is the price of, or nearly the price of, a new product, then don't bother. And I definitely wouldn't bother with a warranty for a computer that someone is only using to do basic internet tasks. But again, that's me. After years of simming, I've become a bit less squeamish on looking up how to fix problems and repair them myself.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9430 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
It's called the "Sims 2 HD UI". Now motive bars will either be white when full or black when empty.

http://modthesims.info/d/599097/1-1...ms-2-hd-ui.html

I like the concept of higher res assets, but the platinum/black bars just look weird to me. It's like his hygiene is evil or something.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#9431 Old 6th May 2020 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
My experience with warranties in general is that anytime you really need it, it's expired and that when you do have it, it either covers nothing useful or you don't end up using it. So I tend not to get warranties in general, and I have a strong dislike of extended warranties. But ymmv.

For computers, I do usually get a long 2-3 year warranty, but after that, nothing. With the internet, you can probably find tutorials and videos on how to fix problems yourself or you can take it to a repair shop. I think a general rule of thumb is that if the warranty price is the price of, or nearly the price of, a new product, then don't bother. And I definitely wouldn't bother with a warranty for a computer that someone is only using to do basic internet tasks. But again, that's me. After years of simming, I've become a bit less squeamish on looking up how to fix problems and repair them myself.

I definitely agree with you there. We ordered my desktop off HSN and I assumed it would have a lifetime warranty (or at least a 3-year uninterrupted warranty like my current laptop from QVC, the warranty expired in 2018), so the warranty for just 1 year was a good $100~, but it jumped up a few bucks this year so we decided not to, I take good care of my desktop as it is. Plus I got the gist when the Dell representatives kept spamming me about how many days my warranty has left . Overall it survived a few blackouts, a 5 hour drive across state lines, a major water spill that would've fried it if it weren't for the rubber mat I have it sitting on top on (on top of carpet no less), and sometimes a 15-hour nonstop simming session .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Inventor
#9432 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I like the concept of higher res assets, but the platinum/black bars just look weird to me. It's like his hygiene is evil or something.

I can imagine an empty motive bar looking more like a glass thermometer when the mercury is depleted. That would make it possible to see the UI's color behind it, too.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Field Researcher
#9433 Old 6th May 2020 at 8:03 AM
You know, maybe a cleaning skill does make sense

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Top Secret Researcher
#9434 Old 6th May 2020 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
It's called the "Sims 2 HD UI". Now motive bars will either be white when full or black when empty.

http://modthesims.info/d/599097/1-1...ms-2-hd-ui.html

Besides the white and black bars, I don't see any difference whatsoever

Maybe it's because I'm on mobile atm but I just see no difference between the "before" and "after" pics :shrug:

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#9435 Old 6th May 2020 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 20th May 2020 at 7:05 PM.
Anyone else find that sims always age up in the worst outfits when going to and graduating from university?
Forum Resident
#9436 Old 6th May 2020 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow214
Anyone else find that sims always age up in the worst outfits when going to and graduating from university.

Yup.

(I especially like this one because they're twins, and end up in matching colors, but very, very different styles)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9437 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 6th Dec 2020 at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Yup.

(I especially like this one because they're twins, and end up in matching colors, but very, very different styles)

Not sure if it was a glitch but I had one sim ageing up wearing just a towel.
Scholar
#9438 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:27 PM
Yup.

Oh gawd, those outfits is why I like to download and install a bunch of default replacements and cc. Now my sims are looking good in most of what they age up in. I wish there a way to batch my cc for townifying so my sims could age up in whatever cc I had installed instead of mostly choosing the Maxis created stuff.
Mad Poster
#9439 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Oh gawd, those outfits is why I like to download and install a bunch of default replacements and cc. Now my sims are looking good in most of what they age up in. I wish there a way to batch my cc for townifying so my sims could age up in whatever cc I had installed instead of mostly choosing the Maxis created stuff.

You can have tons of CC and almost all default replacements but game chooses still what you left Maxis one.
Top Secret Researcher
#9440 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:35 PM
Anyone else find that sims always age up in the worst outfits when going to and graduating from university.

Yeah, what's up with the kimonos and the life jackets?! Absolutely horrendous!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#9441 Old 6th May 2020 at 9:59 PM
I got strict rules about interfering. I like sims to choose their own personality. If you wanna age up wearing a hula girl suit, then I guess that's what you be wearing in the bedroom to woohoo, Be grateful that I don't send you to work like that. Get's more challenging now I added some castle and zombie stuff. Them hairs sure are amazing.
Inventor
#9442 Old 6th May 2020 at 10:24 PM

My female sims always graduated with that afbodysweater outfit from the H&M pack sitting in their wardrobe. I liked that outfit but it started getting annoying after the 12th graduate

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#9443 Old 7th May 2020 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I wish there a way to batch my cc for townifying so my sims could age up in whatever cc I had installed instead of mostly choosing the Maxis created stuff.

You might want to read this thread: Is there any way to mass townify?

Here's a TL;DR version (bold emphasis mine):
Quote: Originally posted by Quinctia
The Wardrobe Wrangler will let you townify a whole folder. If you check recursive, and then select the top level of the folder that contains everything you want to townify (e.g. "Clothes"), then there should be an option in the drop down menu to Batch Townify. However, it's warned that it's a Beta function, and I've never done more than about 100 files, at the most, at one time.

Plus, you do want to be a little bit mindful on what you actually want to randomly appear. One accidentally townified pair of untuckable pants can give you townies with their butts hanging out! :D

I would do it subfolder by subfolder, make sure you make a backup first, and then check in game to make sure everything is behaving the way you want it to. I used a very early WW version to townify all my clothes, and the way the program did it back then made all of my YA/Adult available clothes disappear from YAs. I had to manually fix everything in SimPE because I didn't backup. I have never had that issue with the latest WW edition, but still, backup, backup, backup!

Phaenoh is correct that binned hairs will behave as townified, but everything else needs a flag alteration at the least. I wrote a tute on geneticizing/townifying everything that includes SimPE instructions for most everything. I do use the WW for townifying clothes and accessories, but I handle everything else in SimPE, as it's pretty simple.

Wardrobe Wrangler by jfade here: https://sims.jfade.com/index.php-ca...1&subcat=5.html

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#9444 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
You might want to read this thread: Is there any way to mass townify?

Oh, I wasn't aware of this function of WW :O thank you for sharing, I'd give it a go!

Random thought of the day: am I the only one that takes loads of notes while playing? Not about the actual gameplay, but about the CC I need or I have to remove? Sometimes I feel like I spend more time writing down stuff/cc hunting than actually playing.

Also, I should give a go to greatcheesecakepersona's neighborhood planner - maybe it's the time for me to actually create something from scratch.
Forum Resident
#9445 Old 8th May 2020 at 11:48 AM
Don Lothario is the easiest sim I've ever played with: it's been one (1) season since I started playing yet he's already at 125 thousand aspiration points. I don't even know what to do with so many points.
Mad Poster
#9446 Old 8th May 2020 at 8:27 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 8th May 2020 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo
As I sat here today watching the plumbers work on my leaky toilet, I envied my sims. If anything goes wrong with a sim's plumbing, the sim can quickly and easily fix the problem themselves just by beating on it repeatedly with a wrench.
Forum Resident
#9447 Old 9th May 2020 at 8:27 AM
Also that sims repairmen say they'll come at 9am the next morning, and then they do. None of this "I'll be there between 8am and 2pm, but I'll actually show up at 4:30 and won't have the part needed to complete the job."
Mad Poster
#9448 Old 9th May 2020 at 8:52 PM
Also that sims repairmen say they'll come at 9am the next morning, and then they do. None of this "I'll be there between 8am and 2pm, but I'll actually show up at 4:30 and won't have the part needed to complete the job."

But the Sims repairman stood in front of the empty, broken trash compactor, charged my sim money, said everything was fixed, and didn't fix it! Didn't even touch it! (And yes, I double checked it was empty.)

I wouldn't pay that guy in real life.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9449 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:49 AM
My sims repairman does not repair my robot toys.
Mad Poster
#9450 Old 10th May 2020 at 11:25 PM
Fix available at: https://sims.jfade.com/index.php-ca...&subcat=32.html

I'm looking for people that would be willing to help me set up a discord server (Sim related). Just got to set up channels that would work appropriately..Anyone care to join and be my testing guinea pig?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 378 of 516