Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Business as Unusual Bistro Set - Updated for 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 1st Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM by ani_

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Inventor
THANKS POST
#176 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:23 PM Last edited by echoweaver : 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:58 PM.
I am just using this mod for the first time. I've noticed two things:

1. The option to hire chef an waiter said "Unemployed" at the top, but it definitely included sims that are employed. I don't know if it was all the sims in town or not, but at the top was an active of mine who is employed in film.

2. The menu items related to available foods and the "..." have no text. They seem to WORK, just they don't have text.

EDIT: BUH. Ignore #2. I didn't have the store set installed! I bought it but apparently failed to install it. I didn't realize that I would see the objects from this mod with their proper meshes without actually having the store objects.

Played it last night and it worked perfectly -- except for the disembodied voice others have mentioned. My household is so noisy that it doesn't bother me that much.
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:29 AM
If your sim is working as the chef, during the shift his/her motives don't decay. This annoys the hell out of me because they come home after working 8-12 hours and don't even need to sleep. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Otherwise, this mod pretty much revolutionized TS3 by allowing functional businesses! Pretty cool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#178 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:48 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:49 PM
Thank you, Thank you sooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:58 PM
Does anyone else have the problem of the Chef's cooking skill setting to zero? It effects the meal quality and the chef loses all learned recipes.
Test Subject
#181 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:11 AM
i don't have the whole set, but i have the official premium content from the store.. would that work? because i tried both files and they dont work! i've put them inside the mods/package folder.. so im confuse why it isn't working. im also patched to 1.67, any help?
Inventor
#182 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aya2aya33
i don't have the whole set, but i have the official premium content from the store.. would that work? because i tried both files and they dont work! i've put them inside the mods/package folder.. so im confuse why it isn't working. im also patched to 1.67, any help?

I don't know why you are having trouble, but all you need is the oven. You don't need the entire bistro venue. I've been using it, and it works. It sounds like you have it in the correct folder.

This mod does clone the objects, though, rather than replacing them. So you should have two ovens in buy mode. I don't remember what they are named, but you should be able to tell from the icon which one is the store item and which one is CC. Make sure you're using the CC oven.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:39 AM
Thank you for doing this. I was so excited when EA put this out and bummed they short changed us. It sounds like you've put a lot of work into this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:15 AM
Great work!
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 6:27 PM
A question, I am sure many other people have probably wondered or have asked the same thing, is there a way to make the mod work with the pizza oven and the japanese grill?
Test Subject
#186 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM Last edited by purple_roses2110 : 5th Sep 2014 at 6:32 PM.
Do the waiters get tips or something? I have my Sim working as both the chef and waiter. I put $10/hour on the chef shift but $0/hour on the waiter shift. She is set up with a 7 hour shift. That should only be $70. Every night, though, she goes home with $180. Where is the extra $110 coming from?

ETA: It also seems that working on the oven makes the cooking skill reset. My Sim gained a skill outside of work. When she went to work, the skill disappeared. I then tried having her regain the skill again, and every time my Sim would sit down to learn the skill, it seems the progress has reset.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:53 AM
Tnxxxx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:27 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:56 AM
ani_ did what EA couldn't. EA should just license your mod, bundle it with the actual Business bistro going forward and send 15% of the proceeds your way!
Instructor
#190 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 9:33 PM
Default Thanks for that info
Quote: Originally posted by rumbutter
ok I hear a disembodied voice too but I figured out where it's coming from, I heard the disembodied voice on the home lot on and off. So I went back to the lot where I have the oven and BINGO It's from one of my waiters idle traits actions but I clearly hear him on the home lot
So I've saved and quit the game and am going to see if clearing the cache files clears it up as
I wonder if it may have something to do with once the shifts are set and the Simmies spawn to the lot ?
. I do clear the cache files before adding a mod and clear the cache files if I remove a mod

edit to add no clearing the cache's didn't help still hear the disembodied voice on and off

Thanks for that info I had no clue where the voice was coming from and yet despite now knowing where the problem lies it appears it cannot be gotten rid off which is a real shame because it is awesome if it worked properly :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 2:32 AM
I love this set.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 5:45 AM
when the waiter served the dish looks a big box or large bucket. In other works perfectly. What could be the problem? I'm missing some package?
Test Subject
#193 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Milty111 : 15th Oct 2014 at 4:26 AM.
Great mod! I also have the disembodied voice issue. Also, when I had my sim work as chef, her lev 10 cooking was reset to zero. When I hire a chef I MC them to lev 10 cooking but when they start to cook resets to zero. Also, how do I get people to come to the Bistro? Hardly anyone shows up.
Field Researcher
#194 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:59 PM
I'm going to test this for you. As you can see, I have many ep's installed. I also have my game decked out with other mods and many objects. I will let you know if I have any bugs, glitches, or any other problems with this mod.
Test Subject
#195 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:45 PM
hey guys how to make MY sim the chef not hire a townie??
Mad Poster
#196 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 8:10 PM
For those of you still plagued with the disembodied voice issue, we have an updated version of this mod in testing that is meant to fix that problem. Please feel free give it a spin and tell us if it works as intended. Or, if you prefer, wait for the full release to happen after the current testing stage.
Download page: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Busines...+Bistro+Testing
Where to post feedback: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/me...+Bistro+Testing (free membership required to post)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#197 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:05 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
#198 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:53 PM
So, I reinstalled my game recently, and just added my mods back in and this is not working for me anymore

After I create shifts, it seems to go fine, but the chef and waiter never show up! There is no notification/error that comes up either. I've tried several times but any sims I choose for the jobs makes no difference.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix?? It's soo much better than EA's version, I miss it
Mad Poster
#199 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amethystt
So, I reinstalled my game recently, and just added my mods back in and this is not working for me anymore

After I create shifts, it seems to go fine, but the chef and waiter never show up! There is no notification/error that comes up either. I've tried several times but any sims I choose for the jobs makes no difference.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix?? It's soo much better than EA's version, I miss it

Are you certain that you placed the mod's version of the chef's station and the menus in your bistro and not the stock ones that come with the store set?

Beyond that, limited support for this mod has shifted to and its latest version is available from NRaas as its creator has retired from TS3 modding. That would be a better place to post support questions.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Busines...l+Bistro+Issues (free registration, which you already have, required to post)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 9:26 AM
thank you very much
Page 8 of 9