Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Job Overhaul -- Interviews And More (UPDATED: 30 May 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 30th Jun 2019 at 1:56 AM - Updated 30th May 2021 at 6:40 PM by gamefreak130 : Mod Updated; See "Changelog"

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 158 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 3:23 AM
Going straight in my game, something new to do after all these years, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:28 AM
This looks amazing! I look forward to trying this out, thank you!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:52 AM
Gamefreak, this is weird. In a good way of course. I've seriously wanted something like this in my game for years. Never once did I think this would actually get created exactly like I'd hoped and then some. Thank you so much! You have the best ideas, I swear.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:28 PM
What an amazing idea! It'll be game-changing for modding and playing careers in the homeworld. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:00 PM
Can't wait to try this mod!
Just to make sure, does that in any way affect how the sims outside my active family get jobs? I guess I just want to make sure that the whole town won't be unemployed because inactives don't go to their interviews or somethine
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:11 PM
Oh my happiness, this mod looks amazing! Interviews! YES! Thank you, I can't wait to try this mod out )
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:43 PM
Wow, what an achievement! You've really created something special here, and I salute you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:59 PM
This looks incredible! Really hope this is as good as it looks.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:03 PM
This is one of my biggest pet peeves in the Sims addressed! If this is a life simulation, you "do not just walk into a job." (Believe me , I know). I'm going to have a good look at this mod. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 4:50 PM
AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for this!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 5:52 PM
Will definitely check this out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 6:12 PM
wow, i thought that kind of mods are only created for ts4, it's to see things like this for ts3
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Gamefreak, this is weird. In a good way of course. I've seriously wanted something like this in my game for years. Never once did I think this would actually get created exactly like I'd hoped and then some. Thank you so much! You have the best ideas, I swear.

Great minds think alike, eh?
Quote: Originally posted by Sandra2206
Can't wait to try this mod!
Just to make sure, does that in any way affect how the sims outside my active family get jobs? I guess I just want to make sure that the whole town won't be unemployed because inactives don't go to their interviews or somethine

This mod does not affect EA Story Progression, which is the main way that inactive sims get or change jobs. In the event that you change active households when an interview is scheduled, the newly-inactive sim will most likely miss their scheduled interview, but I consider this issue to be negligible.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:12 PM
NEW UPDATE: JUNE 3, 2019

Day one patch, anyone?

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug concerning Sims being reset when autonomously reading newspapers
  • Fixed an EA bug concerning Medical job notifications; see "Other Major Changes" for more info
Please clear caches and redownload!

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:45 PM
Excellent! Can't wait to try! Thank you!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:52 PM
This is what I've wanted for many years for ANY Sims game. And it's especially timely since I've been working on doing things to make Oasis Landing a more complete world and was disappointed that the professions wouldn't work. Thank you so very much for all your hard work!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:54 PM
Dashboard throws a conflict with bluegenjutsu's: NPCsExitallrabbitholesin2minuteIntervals over at the Naughty Sims Asylum.
Not sure what that's about. Nothing too serious, I can live without that one but I thought you'd like to know.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Dashboard throws a conflict with bluegenjutsu's: NPCsExitallrabbitholesin2minuteIntervals over at the Naughty Sims Asylum.
Not sure what that's about. Nothing too serious, I can live without that one but I thought you'd like to know.

The reason that mod is showing up as a conflict is because it also edits the "CollegeOfBusiness_0x6e8e8b1e0d6b041f" XML resource. I believe the only change I made to that resource was raising the price of the Resume and Interview Techniques class, so if you don't care about that, you can place bluegenjutsu's mod in your Overrides folder, and it will safely override my change.

Scholar
#20 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 1:26 AM
Do any mods stop your mod from preventing jobs to show up on Rabbitholes? No jobs show up on rabbitholes, i.e In map view I click on a tag to send my sim to the hospital for example, to apply for the medical profession but it doesn't show up. I tired the other rabbitholes to see if it was just the hospital, and they're all the same.
Or am I reading the information wrong and jobs are only suppose to show on newspapers and computers? I'm using NRaas Careers, in case that's relevant. I can't think what other mod I have that affects this.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Do any mods stop your mod from preventing jobs to show up on Rabbitholes? No jobs show up on rabbitholes, i.e In map view I click on a tag to send my sim to the hospital for example, to apply for the medical profession but it doesn't show up. I tired the other rabbitholes to see if it was just the hospital, and they're all the same.
Or am I reading the information wrong and jobs are only suppose to show on newspapers and computers? I'm using NRaas Careers, in case that's relevant. I can't think what other mod I have that affects this.

That is a feature of this mod. By default, the interactions to join professions will not appear in Rabbitholes, and the interactions to join careers will not appear unless a particular career does not require an interview. The interactions for professions can be enabled through the "Join Professions On Location" option in the settings menu, and the interactions for careers can be disabled entirely through the "Join Careers On Location" option. There is no option to enable Rabbithole interactions for careers that require an interview.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:20 AM
I'm so excited to test this out, waiting for my game to load now! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I can't even imagine how big of a task it must've been!
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 2:38 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 1st Jul 2019 at 3:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
That is a feature of this mod. By default, the interactions to join professions will not appear in Rabbitholes, and the interactions to join careers will not appear unless a particular career does not require an interview. The interactions for professions can be enabled through the "Join Professions On Location," and the interactions for careers can be disabled entirely through the "Join Careers On Location" option in the settings menu. There is no option to enable Rabbithole interactions for careers that require an interview.

Hmm, that's strange, I have both those options enabled but the jobs don't show. I have a sim who has just skilled up on the Science skill and I want him to join the medical profession. If I make him look through the newspaper and computers, the job may not come up for days (I really don't want to enable all jobs and professions to show up via the classifieds otherwise the sim won't ever get off the pc or put the newspaper down lol) I just want to send him to the hospital and apply from there and get an interview if thats how it works.
I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, or a mod I might have installed that is blocking the careers from showing up, I just have no idea what it might be. When I take your mod out, the professions/careers come back.
Edit: I should add I have the updated version of your mod installed if that helps. Thank you
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:36 AM
Wow, what an amazing mod! Can't wait to try it; it looks like an interesting addition to the game!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 1:27 PM
This mod is conflicting with Nraas GoHere.
With both mods installed when I click on the ground or the ocean no options come up, but clicking anything else works fine.

I am using the latest version, I didn't get the chance to play the older one. I use the normal base mod since I don't have Careers.
Page 1 of 9