Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:57 AM Last edited by Slamyy : 1st Nov 2020 at 5:15 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Ghost Hair Issue
Semi-transparent ghost types' hair are visible through their bodies. You might think that this is expected (cuz that's what transparent means duh) but it hasn't always been like this. This old post is a clear proof: https://modthesims.info/t/460520
Also in these images from wikia we can see the background instead of their hair:

I'm assuming these screenshots were taken in an old version which didn't have this issue.
Here's a more recent post with same issue: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=618420
None of these posts got a decent reply that explains the cause of the situation so I decided to bring it up again.
I'm having this issue with the highest graphic settings and it's really annoying because the faces are obscured.
So am I just part of a miserable group of people with graphical issues or is this a possible shader bug that pesters everyone?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 3:20 AM
You actually don't have telepathy?? Now that's a surprise.

Tested with clean game, same result.
I'm checking YouTube videos and other people's screenshots with ghosts and wherever I look there is this problem. So if this is not supposed to happen, can anyone confirm that they do not have this problem?
Right now it feels like everyone have this issue but they either don't notice it or ignore it bcuz they think it's normal.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 7:05 AM
Meteor type has an opaque upper body. Can you check the ones like starvation or electrocution if it won't be much trouble? Those are semi-transparent from head to toe.
My problem occurs both in CAS and in-world consistently :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2020 at 2:50 PM
Thanks for checking. Some ghost types have a non-transparent upper body so they naturally don't have this issue.
Wish this was a problem with my system. I'm assuming this can be analyzed when there is more insight on the precomp or swb files.