Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#11526 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:54 PM
I'd like to see an autonomous slow dance mod
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#11527 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:12 PM
Since we've got playable ghosts, I'd like to see a mod that would let them haunt and possess various objects.
Mad Poster
#11528 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
It'd be cool to have an Animagus skill that witches could develop if they maxed out their magic skills... Even if it's still just limited to the cats, dogs, wolves, skunks, and penguins that exist in the game already, it could still be a really fun way of bringing a more magical element to the animals in the game.

I so want to see this for my Harry Potter sims!
Scholar
#11529 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:18 PM
I'd like a hack that made sims only roll the "marco polo" want when there is a pool available and for only children to roll it. If this exists already I've never come across it.
Test Subject
#11530 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 2:27 PM
I wonder if it is possible to have a mod, perhaps a modded object that can be used to push multiple unselectable sims to perform an action, such as when organizing a party have the guests slow dance/socialize, guide to a certain area etc. I know they can be directed by being made selectable but when organizing big parties it gets confusing.
Mad Poster
#11531 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 4:21 AM
I would like the Neighborhood Deco catalog to work the same way as the Buy and Build Mode catalots. In Buy/Build mode, if I use the eyedropper on an item, the catalog jumps to the page with that item on it. In the Neighborhood Deco catalog, the eyedropper will pick up the object, but the catalog won't jump to the page it's on. I have a LOT of objects in the Neighborhood Deco catalog and it's difficult for me to keep track of what stuff is in which category. It would be a great help to have a fixed eyedropper that goes straight to the right page.
Forum Resident
#11532 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mimipossa
I wonder if it is possible to have a mod, perhaps a modded object that can be used to push multiple unselectable sims to perform an action, such as when organizing a party have the guests slow dance/socialize, guide to a certain area etc. I know they can be directed by being made selectable but when organizing big parties it gets confusing.

Like a mass 'influence to...' action? That'd be cool.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#11533 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I always play that my university is far away - it would be nice to invite kids home for a couple days to see their parents.
You can invite them home and then invite them to stay the night, can't you? Even without the YA Sims in main 'hood mod?

A non-romantic Stay the night / Sleepover mod would be useful anyway. There are plenty of occasions when it would make sense to offer visitors a bed for the night, without them assuming that you're trying to seduce them. I recall Garry trying in vain to get Andrew and Julian to stay and see the New Year in with himself and Gloria. Andrew seemed to think he was making an improper suggestion. Garry had a spare bedroom for them to sleep in.

Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I'd like to see an autonomous slow dance mod
That would be good in nightclubs.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11534 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 2:06 PM

===
Especially during a marriage when guest have wandered all over the lot and forgotten what they are supposed to be doing.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#11535 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 5:03 PM
Wish there was a mod where you could set how much starting funds a sim moving out of the household gets. Like with the combo of no20khandouts and the money order, except you could set any amount instead of a portion of the family's funds. The game is balanced with sums of money from nowhere being taken into account, but it's a hassle going into SimPE every time I want to take some away when I move two adults in as room-mates.
Forum Resident
#11536 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Like a mass 'influence to...' action? That'd be cool.

Watching some videos on YT where sims weddings take place and the player tries to corral the guests to stay in one spot during the wedding ceremony is hilarious. Everybody wandering around as the wedding is ruined into chaos and bedlam.
Theorist
#11537 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Essa : 11th Sep 2020 at 6:16 PM.
I haven't done wedding in a long time but I used to play those with free will off.

I wish there was a mod where sims could nap on a bed.
Field Researcher
#11538 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I wish there was a mod where sims could nap on a bed.

There's a couch OMPS that's invisible and you can put on a bed. Then sims can sit on it or take a nap.
Scholar
#11539 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 6:47 PM
@Essa Me too, on the bed napping!
I don't have trouble with the beginning of weddings, just put the arch up, set out enough chairs, and start the ceremony the minute everyone arrives. As long as you keep it clear of possible routing failures it goes pretty smoothly. If you let everyone get on lot and start to do stuff then you will have problems. My issue is getting them all to eat when you put out the buffet, I would like a "call to eat" action on that.
For general parties, I usually use a stereo and have the host dance and then invite everyone to join. That at least corrals them into one area. Although now that I think about it I CJ's "Dance Near Stereo" hack so that wouldn't work unless you had that one as well.
Lab Assistant
#11540 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:22 PM
I'd like to see nice, high-quality default replacements for the food in game.

I'm kind of tired of the low-res textures and general look of some of the in-game food after so many years and I also don't want to add too many custom foods to my game.

But there's hardly anything like that out there it seems, apart from some medieval/Victorian food defaults. Whenever I see food from TS3 or TS4 or even just really nice looking deco CC foods, I really wish the food my sims cook and eat in TS2 could look like that.

Frankly, if someone made nice functional, edible food from TS4 conversions or something (pretty sure some TS4 food has already been converted to TS2 as deco food), I'd even consider adding them as custom foods. I just want better looking food options that don't look like they came straight from 2007

Along similar lines, I also thought I used to have a mod that enabled the vacation foods and the grill foods to be made from the fridge, but I can't find anything like that and thinking about it now, I'm not sure that would even be possible (without adding them in as custom foods again I mean), so I must have made that up. But I'd love to be able to pull hamburgers or tropical ribs or whatever from the fridge that use the game resources that are already there, so I don't have to add anything into the game that's already in there technically.
Forum Resident
#11541 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
===
Especially during a marriage when guest have wandered all over the lot and forgotten what they are supposed to be doing.

Chris Hatch has a wedding mat mod that you could use. (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534) When you click "Get Married", then the guests all come towards the mat, will sit and watch if there are chairs facing it, stand and applaud at the end, and as a nice touch, two bridesmaid relatives of the couple (if available on the lot) will stand to the sides of the wedding couple with bouquets in hand as the ceremony progresses. I've used the mat (it has an almost invisible recolor) AND an arch (just for decoration purposes) for some of my Sims' nuptials.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11542 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quweenie
Along similar lines, I also thought I used to have a mod that enabled the vacation foods and the grill foods to be made from the fridge,
Carrigon made restaurant style foods available at home, but alas I can't find a working link. not sure if anyone has her mods archived anywhere. My Sims 2 backup server is dead at the moment, when I get it back up I'll look for her files.
Mad Poster
#11543 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 12:05 AM
Is there any kind of mod which will force the game to show custom skintones in the "buy clothing" dialog? I've default-replaced every skintone in the game and added a bunch of custom geneticized skintones, and every time I buy clothes the game just depicts the sim in the dialog with the regular Maxis S2 skin, which isn't helpful for seeing how the clothing will look if the sim actually has a supernatural skin or is very dark or very light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11544 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Carrigon made restaurant style foods available at home, but alas I can't find a working link. not sure if anyone has her mods archived anywhere. My Sims 2 backup server is dead at the moment, when I get it back up I'll look for her files.

Morague has a Restaraunt Meals at Home Series right here on MTS. https://modthesims.info/m/3927

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11545 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 10:10 AM
Forum Resident
#11546 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:17 AM
Is there a mod that makes it so residents of a main hood can’t show up as walkbys in a shopping/downtown hood and vice versa? For scenarios in which you, say, have two towns or kingdoms or whatever, but they’re meant to be far enough apart that you can’t easily get there, but they’re part of the same universe so you can’t just have two separate hoods...

If there’s not a mod like that, I’d want it, lol.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#11547 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 12:05 PM
Instructor
#11548 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 8:20 AM

Perhaps it's possible to mod the "do the Smustle" interaction into "let's all slow dance/mingle/shoot hoops" ?

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Test Subject
#11549 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Perhaps it's possible to mod the "do the Smustle" interaction into "let's all slow dance/mingle/shoot hoops" ?

Yes that's a good idea! I haven't thought about that. I had a look at the Simlogical school mods, as I was curious how they work but really I am no wiser. I imagine to get sims to interact with each other would be more complicated than an individual action such as smustle dance. Plus there is a certain relationship requirement with classical dance (I really want to organise a posh ball/garden party at the mayor's house and no, you do NOT smustle dance at those ).

I just think such a mod would make such a difference to the atmosphere of certain game events. Sims are far too creative/audacious especially when visiting others lol. As for railing everyone into the intended space I might try the invisible fences. I know there are certain objects that attract sims like crazy, so maybe a modded deco object that is not a bubble blower could be used :D.
Mad Poster
#11550 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 12:25 PM
As for railing everyone into the intended space I might try the invisible fences. I know there are certain objects that attract sims like crazy, so maybe a modded deco object that is not a bubble blower could be used :D.

You might want to have a look at Pescado's "Dance Positioner". This is a modded 1-tile rug. Place them in the area you want to be defined as your dance floor. It's a great mod, but I had to remove it due to conflicts with Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo", which has a similar effect, but is a global mod.

Pescado's "Dance Positioner"
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/test/

Pictures of a nightclub built with "Dance Positioner" (under spoiler tag). They are visible as white squares when placed and turn invisible again when you switch the game to Live Mode.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...661#post4832661

Cyjon's "Dance Near Stereo" is a global mod that forces sims to move close to a stereo or DJ booth if they want to dance.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/182
Page 462 of 580