Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#8451 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:19 PM
Sims can steal gnomes?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8452 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:34 PM
My sims usually came back with 2 gnomes. They took one more for compensation.
Mad Poster
#8453 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
Sims can steal gnomes?

With full and gleeful abandon. It's a siren call to them. "Steal me! I'm a gnome!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#8454 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 2:14 AM
And for those who want to stop gnome theft, that's part of Cyjon's Walkbys Behave. There are two versions: one that stops ALL gnome theft (except by burglars and such), and one that allows enemies and furious Sims to steal gnomes. I use the latter version, myself.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#8455 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:21 AM
I downoaded the walkbys behave to stop all except burglars from steading gnomes as I don't think others are too likely to do anything like that in a small town.
I discovered that children and kids would have to be kept occupied and busy doing something lif they're not going to school becuase my town has no school which means child labor is going to rule in Dodge for at least a few years until there's enough population and enough high logic sims to finally be able to add one.I can also have the parents taking their toddlers along with them to the community service center when they go there to work in the vocational workshop each day.
Mad Poster
#8456 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I remember once when that happened. One of my sims went off at night and came back with the gnome that had been stolen. In his inventory. At the time when going into a male sim's inventory crashed my game. Sigh.

Why would going through a male sim's inventory crash your game? Was your game sexist or something?
Top Secret Researcher
#8457 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 2:52 AM
I have no idea. That was an install that's long gone now. (I still miss that town though.)

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#8458 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Why would going through a male sim's inventory crash your game? Was your game sexist or something?

I had a version of Pleasantview where Nina Caliente couldn't be on the same lot as a male Sim, including being on the phone, without crashing the game.
Forum Resident
#8459 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 2:11 PM
This isn't something I just discovered but just saw it again.

I play with Silent Pregnancy so I don't get the telltale chimes when a Sim becomes pregnant. What I have noticed is that even before the first thought bubble "Am I pregnant?" or the first morning sickness giveaways, the newly pregnant Sim walks slightly differently.

It's very subtle. I think it's a slightly shorter step and a more upright/straighter back when walking. So the next morning when she gets out of bed to go to the bathroom, I can usually tell by her walk whether the night's escapades were successful or not.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#8460 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 3:39 PM
Saw a new-to-me fear last night: Fear of getting a noise complain, in an apartment resident.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8461 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
This isn't something I just discovered but just saw it again.

I play with Silent Pregnancy so I don't get the telltale chimes when a Sim becomes pregnant. What I have noticed is that even before the first thought bubble "Am I pregnant?" or the first morning sickness giveaways, the newly pregnant Sim walks slightly differently.

It's very subtle. I think it's a slightly shorter step and a more upright/straighter back when walking. So the next morning when she gets out of bed to go to the bathroom, I can usually tell by her walk whether the night's escapades were successful or not.

They also get really hungry almost immediately and then have to pee.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8462 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 4:57 PM
@Peni Griffin -I used to have issues with apartment noise and started placing model units between rental units on my old computer though I used a global Mod to disable that "feature" on this computer as I didn't want to keep dealing with that issue anymore.That Mod was downloaded from here.I also downloaded a no NPC townie neighbors Mod to stop getting that mess.
Mad Poster
#8463 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 6:04 PM
All you have to do to completely stop noise in apartments is to put a one-tile-wide empty space between the walls of neighboring apartments. That's it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8464 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 6:53 PM
Apartment noise is one thing about the game I really love, I always have feuding neighbours banging on each other's walls and going around to complain at 3am!
Scholar
#8465 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 7:26 PM
I had a Sim get his foot stepped on while slow dancing on a date. Took me completely by surprise as I use that interaction a ton and I've never seen this happen. It was funny as heck and really fit in with the moment as well. Goes to show that even if you think you've seen it all there are still a few hidden gems here and there.
Forum Resident
#8466 Old 20th Aug 2020 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
All you have to do to completely stop noise in apartments is to put a one-tile-wide empty space between the walls of neighboring apartments. That's it.

You can also place furniture in front of the shared wall. The "noise" is 2 tiles wide, so as long as you don't have 2 tiles of empty space, you won't get noise.
Mad Poster
#8467 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:27 PM
Y'all don't seem to have grasped what the fear was about. It was "get a noise complaint," i.e., a neighbor comes to complain about the noise the sim is making. This only ever happens if a party runs late - and the party was going to run late!

Fortunately it's not that big an apartment and working their way through the crowd when the neighbors started coming to complain took so long that the actions timed out before they could get there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#8468 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 9:49 PM Last edited by sturlington : 22nd Aug 2020 at 6:09 PM.
I discovered that the counterfeit machine can catch on fire.

ETA A little embarrassing, but I discovered only today that you can direct Sims to do other actions once they are skating, and that's only because I saw one of the townie Sims doing a spin and thought it was really cool.
Mad Poster
#8469 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I had a Sim get his foot stepped on while slow dancing on a date. Took me completely by surprise as I use that interaction a ton and I've never seen this happen. It was funny as heck and really fit in with the moment as well. Goes to show that even if you think you've seen it all there are still a few hidden gems here and there.

It depends of dancing skill. If your sim has no dancing skill he will always step on feet. Pretty embarrasing for both.

Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
ETA A little embarrassing, but I discovered only today that you can direct Sims to do other actions once they are skating, and that's only because I saw one of the townie Sims doing a spin and thought it was really cool.

The more body skill the more tricks they can do with skating.
Mad Poster
#8470 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
They also get really hungry almost immediately and then have to pee.

I've also found that just before birth, they need to pee very badly. Just like in real life.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8471 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 4:03 PM
@simsample -I Modded the noise transfer between apartments out and also Modded out the random NPC townie neighbors being generated in apartments to eliminate that mess you claim to enjoy.I get apartment with only my own resident townies who are playable families or the units remain empty and there's almost no fighting in the apartments buildings except for pillow fights.You described what used to happen in my older games way back when I played on my ancient Windows Xp laptop and not on the 8 year old Windows 7 laptop I use now with UC.
@Peni Griffin -I was suggesting using a Mod to Mod out the noise transfer between apartments from here like I do and the other Mod is about disableing the generating random NPC neighbors which led to far too many fights in my older games.
I discovered a strange object in buy mode after a CC installing spree.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8472 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:44 PM
@TadOlson that's by Numenor IIRC.

@FranH that's why they always give birth in the bathroom, you know?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#8473 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 6:17 PM
Sims with knowledge aspiration and family as secondary get less big wants than with popularity as secondary.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#8474 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 11:19 PM
That rebellious punk teen outfit Lilith wears, and all of its recolors including the ones without the choker, have a rose pattern. It's an insignificant lil detail, I know, but I was suprised lol
Mad Poster
#8475 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 3:54 AM
@Sunbee -That's who's content I was installing when that decided to show up and it's great for giving my poorest sims a way to heat their homes when they can't afford anything else.
I've been getting a real treasure hunt from installing new CC in my game and some of it looks like it would be able to help in apartments and community lots with cafeterias.
Page 339 of 445