Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 557 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 12:45 AM
Default Routing error
I built my sims a beautiful beach house on an uncharted island with a bedroom suite out of a romance novel. And every time I try to send them to sleep, they climb the stairs, take one look at the bed, run down the stairs, out the front door and into the ocean. ????‍♀️???????????? After moving everything out of the room except the bed I finally came to the conclusion... it was the ivy hanging from the ceiling. ????‍♀️
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 1:14 AM
possible. some of those ivys can block paths.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 7:04 AM
The sims kill me though. Walking up a flight of stairs, looking at your bed, seeing ivy, and running 3 stories down to the beach to fling yourself in the ocean and act confused. x___x
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 3:58 PM
I don't like how the sims does upstair routing. What you describe is common and I see it too often. Like I try to talk to a sim upstairs and there were no room. Yet the room next to them had plenty of space, it won't rout there to talk, they'll both run outside to talk.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 6:37 PM
Right. And toddlers vs stairs will have me pulling my hair out. Just pick up the baby please!
dodgy builder
#6 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:13 PM
Objects can have rediculous footprints. I tested en awning once. Turned out it had a very square footprint so I couldn't use it.

Why they run into the ocean though I don't know. Can you see the footprint of the ivy?
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 8:11 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 27th Aug 2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: removed weird link
I am also having this issue, does someone have any solution for this? kindly share your views, thanks in advance.