Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default EA Download Manager
I've totally messed up..I was having problems with some glitches in my games (rectangular black square at Sims Feet) so I uninstalled everything and I don't have my EA Download manager anymore...Is there anyway I can get one or can I not play Sims 2 anymore? I sure hope someone can help me!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 10:49 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Sep 2020 at 11:13 PM.
EA Download manager? Are we talking TS2 here? The Ultimate Collection/UC? What do you use it for?

If you mean something that comes with Origin, I think it's one of those programs that pretty much install themselves onto the computer if you install Origin and/or the UC, so nothing to worry about if you install the game again. EA/Origin will 'force' themselves onto your computer either you want them to or not... I think you can also get this one as a free download, at least according to Google (what I found was related to TS3, though).

If it's for downloading CC, you really don't need a download manager for TS2.
Package files are download --> (usually) unzip --> (usually) place in Downloads (but read instructions if there are any)
For Sims2Pack files you want the Clean Installer (if you have a PC, Macs are a different story)

---

As for uninstalling to fix your game - DON'T DO IT! - at least not unless you're sure it's related to borked install files (and I do mean absolutely sure - and even then there are things you can do to get around reinstalls), or you're 99.9% sure you don't want to play the game any longer. Most graphic-related issues can be fixed with the GraphicRules and VideoCard files (the GRM program is very helpful), and about 99.9% of neighborhood corruption is fixed by fixing or resetting the saved game in the Documents files. Uninstalling your game is extremely rarely a fix to anything, and is actually more likely to cause problems, because it can mess with registry files.

If you're on Origin/UC, you can do "Fix game" and your entire installed and saved game and will reset, which technically counts as a reinstall but I don't think it messes (too much, anyway?) with the registry files. It is faster than a reinstall, though.

---

How to fix the black shadow issue:
https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker (has inbuilt fix, plus does lots of other graphic fixes)

There is also this one - but they do change some of the same things, and I think the GRM above may be updated to have this fix included, so you probably don't want both.
https://modthesims.info/d/569585/si...d-2-jan-16.html

---

If you need to fix something in your game, it's always a good idea to google or search it to see if someone has had a similar problem before you, and/or ask for help. Chances are someone have had similar problems, or can show you a tutorial and can guide you through steps in it if you're having problems. That way you don't accidentally do things that mess up your game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 12:30 PM
I think EADM was the precursor to Origin. So just download Origin and sogn in, and you should see Sims 2 UC to install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 9:23 PM
Thank ya'll so much for all the info!! I really appreciate it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhondacathey
I've totally messed up..I was having problems with some glitches in my games (rectangular black square at Sims Feet) so I uninstalled everything and I don't have my EA Download manager anymore...Is there anyway I can get one or can I not play Sims 2 anymore? I sure hope someone can help me!!

I don't know what the EA Download manager is, but the black box is an issue on modern hardware, just grab the mod or turn down shadows, Please don't uninstall as a way to fix issues - it isn't one. Uninstalling can create issues because it can leave files in the registry. The only time uninstalling can help is if the issues are in the install files, which unless you have a bad install is pretty hard to do.

No one here uses any EA Download manager so don't cry over that. You want Clean Installer and an unzipping program like WinRar. And here is the fix for the black shadow https://modthesims.info/d/569585/si...d-2-jan-16.html and place uninstalling at the bottom of the list when it comes to trouble shooting issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~