Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default All my neighborhoods affected, d I need to wipe the lot?
This is so random, just cropped up today. I've not installed any mods of anything for months so don't see how it can be related to one of them? When I log into a household there are no days of the week, including a blank space where their work schedule is meant to be. Skill wants are also unlabeled so you don't know which skill it is they want to learn. So basically all screwed up, all my neighbourhoods the same. Are they corrupted? I do use boolprop a lot but then I have for years and years.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 11:52 PM
This can happen if your antivirus deleted some of your install files. If you can figure out which file got deleted you might be able to restore it, but otherwise you would have to reinstall the game. Next time, mark your Sims 2 folder in program files as whitelisted for your antivirus.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 1:43 AM
Just having boolprop running will not corrupt your game, I don't know why this rumour has started doing the rounds again all of a sudden. I mean, yes, it can break your game, but only if you use it to do silly things like make your sim know everybody in the hood, including Universal NPCs, or add Mrs Crumplebottom to your family, but Lord knows you don't need boolprop to do silly things to corrupt your game, you can do it just as easily by moving an occupied lot to the bin and then deleting it. If you've just been using it to generate error logs and reset things, you're fine on that.

Anyway! Before reinstalling, I would try renaming your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one to see if the problem persists, just because reinstalling is such a boring, tedious PITA. If it does, then yes, the problem is the installation files. But if the newly generated hoods are fine, then either it's CC (although it sounds too big a problem to merely be CC) or yes, hood corruption. Please tell me you have recent backups, because either way, it sounds like you might need them!