Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2006 at 11:52 PM
Default .bak and .off files
I was tired of my game running slow so I tried to clean out my downloads. When I send files to another folder, I get files with the same name except a different suffix (ex. pinkshirt.package and pinkshirt.bak both appear in the new folder). I also get .off files too.

I am wondering what these files are and if I need them. It's quite annoying having so many files that are just different types but have the same name.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:06 AM
.bak are backups of the origional .package made by simpe. You can delete these if you wish.
.off.... Yeah I don't think I've heard that one
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:13 AM
Heh, um, I think the .off (and .iff files, if you find some of those too) ones are Sims 1 things. Sometimes creators who make both get mixed up. I'm pretty sure those are okay to get rid of, too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2006 at 12:49 AM Last edited by hayhay : 2nd May 2006 at 12:59 AM.
Thank you so much! That was really quick!

When I downloaded the files, they were all package files. But it seems like after I used the clean installer, some of them turned to .off (or created a copy of itself, one .package and the other .off) I was wondering what the .off ones were too. I have over 1600 of them!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd May 2006 at 1:28 AM
Hmm. Yeah, I just tried using Clean Installer and those seem to be made when you disable a particular package. Coulda sworn they were a Sims 1 thing, but I'm rather confused today, I think. Hmm.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.