View Poll Results: What should the next theme be?
Elders - let's show those old timers some love!
129 44.18%
Business - Support your local sim business!
75 25.68%
Back to School/University Support your local sim school and college!
88 30.14%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Replies: 39 (Who?), Viewed: 14366 times.
Page 2 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:28 AM
What happened to the other thread and all its comments? Why another thread "revisited"?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:15 PM
We posted one thread for ideas, then we took the most popular ideas and narrowed those down, and offered a poll for the next theme. It was always meant to be a several step process. It doesn't mean the other ideas won't be offered up, or seen. All this poll does is set which theme gets priority. There will need to be other polls probably because there were several suggestions for period themes, but we will need specifics chosen, such as Victorian, or medieval or prehistoric for instance. Cultures were popular too so do we need specific cultures chosen or an around the world theme where any and all can be offered up? Questions like those will need to be answered and sometimes a poll is the best way.
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:14 PM
I've been warned... People who CANT take a joke have complained to staff administrators about me, and i'm being threatened. So I will no longer be participating in this discussion. Some people take things way too seriously, and some are just haters. For those of you who laughed and took my posts as they were intended, I appreciate you. Dissenting opinions WILL BE SILENCED. So I'd like to formally switch my vote to Elders, and encourage everybody else to do so, because if you're not part of the cliqué, you're going to find yourself in trouble.

Enjoy your theme.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 6:09 PM
I like the retro idea; I've found it very common for people in their 60s and early 70s to have strong connections to their 20s and 30s. The 60s remain very popular with a certain demographic, especially certain hippie and boho styles, and I've known a whole bunch of people who still have it as part of their identity. And my grandma still has a strong Golden Girls vibe going on. Something that says, "only now am I as old as they were then; I've been waiting to look like this for 30 goddamn years."

So for all we know this might be a perfect opportunity to create some stuff for that childless artsy 68 year old who smokes a lot of weed, that jaded Vietnam veteran who drives a raggedy old pickup, my old French teacher from school who wore huge baggy pastel clothes and a pearl necklace with her beehive-style hair, or my grandma who lives in a 1980s suburban fantasy.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 8:19 PM
I had to go with elders since I have a retirement luxury apartment--without Apartment Life--and have a lot of elders in all my games.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
We posted one thread for ideas, then we took the most popular ideas and narrowed those down, and offered a poll for the next theme. It was always meant to be a several step process. It doesn't mean the other ideas won't be offered up, or seen. All this poll does is set which theme gets priority. There will need to be other polls probably because there were several suggestions for period themes, but we will need specifics chosen, such as Victorian, or medieval or prehistoric for instance. Cultures were popular too so do we need specific cultures chosen or an around the world theme where any and all can be offered up? Questions like those will need to be answered and sometimes a poll is the best way.


No, I mean the thread which already had the three narrowed down ones. I see it still exists but this one seems to duplicate that one, with a link to the same poll (which I have already voted on).
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 10:22 PM
oh I was just posting that one to refer back to this one (like I do with the what are you making for x theme threads in general) it is just another way to reach people who don't always notice the news posts
Mad Poster
#33 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM
I feel like this is just going to result in an annoyingly large amount of stuff that already exists, only converted for elders.
Also - I just spent all day manually writing out crap on a drawing tablet. Using a keyboard again after so many hours feels like a goddamn revelation.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:35 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Aug 2018 at 1:27 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I've been warned... People who CANT take a joke have complained to staff administrators about me, and i'm being threatened. So I will no longer be participating in this discussion. Some people take things way too seriously, and some are just haters. For those of you who laughed and took my posts as they were intended, I appreciate you. Dissenting opinions WILL BE SILENCED. So I'd like to formally switch my vote to Elders, and encourage everybody else to do so, because if you're not part of the cliqué, you're going to find yourself in trouble.

Enjoy your theme.
]
Probably the joke was in poor taste and got a good reason why it has been reported (I can only assume since you deleted it). If it wasn't, sorry about that, but honestly I would keep those comments around unless ask by admins/mod to delete them, If I believed they genuinely witty.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#35 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:45 AM
I voted for Businesses, to help the Adult Sims get their Business on the map and off the ground. To build future economics for the whole community.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#36 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
]
Probably the joke was in poor taste and got a good reason why it has been reported (I can only assume since you deleted it). If it wasn't, sorry about that, but honestly I would keep those comments around unless ask by admins/mod to delete them, If I believed they genuinely witty.


I didn't think about that post emotionally one way or the other, so I was certainly not the one who complained. I did not think it in poor taste (and one of my posts was an answer to it). I think in my case, the only reason WHY I never thought as elders as doddering old codgers (as the post implied to me initially) is that the ones around me were never that way. Most still had a sense of wit, could converse on a number of topics (other than that danged lumbago), kept fairly active. Yes, they had physical and in the case of my uncle, mental challenges. But they worked ... and continue to work if they are still with us ... though them.

Yes, this theme might have limitations. But if you eschew those limitations, can you sell the idea to the mods here? If you decide to make a head shop run by a 70-year-old, can you sell WHY this still applies to elders? (Great. Now I can't get Cheech and Chong out of my head.)

You can be nice with this theme or naughty.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#37 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I've been warned... People who CANT take a joke have complained to staff administrators about me, and i'm being threatened.


Exaggerate a bit? Disagrees on posts do not constitute being threatened, nor does it imply complaining to staff.
Alchemist
#38 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I've been warned... People who CANT take a joke have complained to staff administrators about me, and i'm being threatened. So I will no longer be participating in this discussion. Some people take things way too seriously, and some are just haters. For those of you who laughed and took my posts as they were intended, I appreciate you. Dissenting opinions WILL BE SILENCED. So I'd like to formally switch my vote to Elders, and encourage everybody else to do so, because if you're not part of the cliqué, you're going to find yourself in trouble.

Enjoy your theme.


Shush don't tell anyone you're being threatened by the MTS mafia, you might find yourself alone in an unknown
and dark place tied to a chair. I narrowly avoided that one once.

*Votes elders*
This just gives me a possibility to make Elder-friendly homes.
*Scurries off with a bent back and walking stick*

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Instructor
#39 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Exaggerate a bit? Disagrees on posts do not constitute being threatened, nor does it imply complaining to staff.


With all due respect - no... i did not exaggerate one bit. And i did not once complain about simple "disagrees". "Disagrees" don't bother me at all.

I stand by everything i said.
Instructor
#40 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 5:10 AM
Elders got my vote, although Business was a close second!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Page 2 of 2
Back to top