Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Paraiso En Las Rocas - MAJOR Texture Update + fixes - 24/09/2021

by LordCrumps Posted 2nd Mar 2021 at 11:45 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2021 at 12:52 AM by LordCrumps

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 7:14 PM
while this isn't my style. I need to award you for all of the amazing efforts that you've put in! Seriously, I can't believe that you put memories in! I bet you still have SimPE flashbacks, I know I still do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 8:26 PM
I love the idea of this!!! while I'm not a fan of those clothes and I will need to find some others, I will surely play this hood
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 9:59 PM
Hello there! Thank you for this amazing neighbourhood, but there's a little problem. You said: 'if you are playing on a non-English version of the game, the names will not be randomised but will be the English versions.' But people who play on a Russian version of the game noticeted that so many names (and of course surnames) have changed (actually randomised).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 8:40 AM
Fabulous work, I loved Sims Castaways, but wanted in my Sims 2 neighborhood, So it’s dream come true.I really liked clothing and lots too.The only problem is that I play in Russian, and all names just randomized, and I had to fix each sims name with renaming mod. Besides that,great work, it run smoothly even with my tons of mods in download and 15 downloaded neighborhood and 2 uberhoods
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 1:33 PM
This looks so cool omg, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:19 PM
Really cool!
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 3:02 PM
hii can i have this as a shopping district version :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 8:17 PM
Amazing! What the heck this is cool. I'm super excited to check this out
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 11:04 AM
Default Same problem here
Quote: Originally posted by agata24
Hello there! Thank you for this amazing neighbourhood, but there's a little problem. You said: 'if you are playing on a non-English version of the game, the names will not be randomised but will be the English versions.' But people who play on a Russian version of the game noticeted that so many names (and of course surnames) have changed (actually randomised).

I have a french version and all the first and last names were changed, randomised, a big mess... in each family no one has the same last name.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 2:20 PM Last edited by DLPalindrome : 4th Mar 2021 at 2:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by carollee9
I have a french version and all the first and last names were changed, randomised, a big mess... in each family no one has the same last name.

I'm playing UK English version and also have this problem

Looking in SimPE at the sim's catalogues, they all have their names in other languages set to random names. @LordCrumps - I think these should be set to blank if you want to use English as default.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 11:05 AM
...did you have a multi-PT mod when creating this? Because Bella's pregnancy is-- well, or did you make a few extra "aliens" for the plot. I'm just here having a bit of a mental panic over it-- and wondering.

Also a very fun and creative neighborhood in any case, thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MorrowindMasterRace
while this isn't my style. I need to award you for all of the amazing efforts that you've put in! Seriously, I can't believe that you put memories in! I bet you still have SimPE flashbacks, I know I still do.

I am having SimPE flash backs with everything other than the memories, they are my favourite part!

Quote: Originally posted by nanahye
I love the idea of this!!! while I'm not a fan of those clothes and I will need to find some others, I will surely play this hood

OOooOOoo! I would love to see what you come up with!

Quote: Originally posted by agata24

Yeah sadly this is a common issue that I am getting through (slowly) as I am not at my computer much at the moment, I thought I had already gone through annoyingly!

Quote: Originally posted by rimsim
Fabulous work, I loved Sims Castaways, but wanted in my Sims 2 neighborhood, So it’s dream come true.I really liked clothing and lots too.The only problem is that I play in Russian, and all names just randomized, and I had to fix each sims name with renaming mod. Besides that,great work, it run smoothly even with my tons of mods in download and 15 downloaded neighborhood and 2 uberhoods

Oh thats good to know! Yeah, Castaway was such a cool "spin-off" game that really holds up well!

Quote: Originally posted by Marlicanka
Really cool!

Quote: Originally posted by sillysoraya
This looks so cool omg, thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by DLPalindrome
Amazing! What the heck this is cool. I'm super excited to check this out

Awh thank you!!!

Quote: Originally posted by vunnox
hii can i have this as a shopping district version :D

Yes! There is already a version (Subhood version) that can be attached to the shopping districts, make sure you run through hood checker once attached as sometimes characters will over lap, hoodchecker fixes this!

Quote: Originally posted by carollee9

Quote: Originally posted by DLPalindrome
I'm playing UK English version and also have this problem

Looking in SimPE at the sim's catalogues, they all have their names in other languages set to random names. @LordCrumps - I think these should be set to blank if you want to use English as default.

I am sorry, that is odd how even the surname is different in the same household, I can see how annoying that is! I am slowly working through the fix, but not at my computer much atm!

Quote: Originally posted by THybrid21
...did you have a multi-PT mod when creating this? Because Bella's pregnancy is-- well, or did you make a few extra "aliens" for the plot. I'm just here having a bit of a mental panic over it-- and wondering.

Also a very fun and creative neighborhood in any case, thanks.

Hello! No multi-poli, I just made a few extra poli's for the alien babies, so they are not sharing the same one! Sorry it caused you some panic!

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 10:25 PM Last edited by cookietheinnocent : 5th Apr 2021 at 3:35 PM. Reason: asked a stupid question...
Edit: Thank you so much for making this! It's very well made!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 11:01 AM
I wanted to tell you that I am really loving this neighborhood and I thank you for all the help you gave me on facebook for the names and the missing graves! I'm writing a story on Tumblr about this neighborhood and if you like reading it, you'll find it with your neighborhood name as the tag (I'm not spamming me by saying my name on Tumblr but I hope that besides me you will also find other people who use it on Tumblr! ♥️)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 8:38 PM
This must have been so much work, thank you for sharing this amazing project !
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 2:47 AM
Oh my god this is amazing... I didn't know I wanted this until I saw you made it.

Downloading!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 8:35 AM
This is absolutely epic and I'm so blown away with all the work you have put into it! F'in fantastic!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 5:48 PM
I can't wait to play your hood. It's simply amazing and so much more. It's my ultimate mashup fantasy of bringing the "classic" Sims 2 sims to a castaway-themed island!
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 4:13 PM
Hey! This looks awesome! I’m trying to add this as a vacation hood though and not having any luck. While I originally added it into the ‘best of business’ neighbourhoods template like you instructed, I have tried to move it to the bon voyage neighbourhoods templates, but it only recognises it as a potential shopping district. Any ideas??
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 4:26 AM
I love Castaway and am obsessed with re-creating the experience in Sims 2. I have ALL the CS content downloaded and multiple islands on the go. I can't wait to try this neighborhood! Do you think making it a tropical vacation subhood will be in the future? :D
Theorist
#22 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ParadiseLost131
Hey! This looks awesome! I’m trying to add this as a vacation hood though and not having any luck. While I originally added it into the ‘best of business’ neighbourhoods template like you instructed, I have tried to move it to the bon voyage neighbourhoods templates, but it only recognises it as a potential shopping district. Any ideas??

You'll need to follow Mootilda's tutorial on how to first change the neighborhood type. Change it to tropics, and then move that said edited neighborhood to the Bon Voyage NeighborhoodTemplates folder. Without following the tutorial, the game will only see this as a shopping district or a main neighborhood. Also, note that the playables found on this neighborhood must be moved out of the lots first, and optionally turned into tropics locals using a townie brick CC object (google it) - otherwise, without the townie brick procedure, you'll only get the stock BV locals.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:53 PM
One of the staircases in the Dreamer house is being glitchy. It will let them go up but not down. It's the stairs on the floor with the chess table (right below the floor with the nursery). I've tried deleting the stairs but then I couldnt place them back
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 10:54 PM
I'm playing in US English, but all the names are randomized. Great neighborhood, though.
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 11:17 AM
I am really loving this neighborhood! I would love to see this as a vacation neighborhood with a few added hotels and have it unpopulated so I don't have multiple versions of my sims in Pleasantview. I really love the style! also would I recommend you add the "Look of the Xtabay" Tiki Torch from the Life Stories to the pack and add it to you're lots? I know it is not part of the Castaway Stories, but it fits in with the look!
Page 1 of 3