Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1426 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:10 AM
They have already, with and without shells. They've done the Bookstore, Market / Diner, Stadium, Theater.

Some of the others are sort of half and half, like their possible, but not fully, like the Salon. Iike, you can unlock the reward from ST, and plop it in a salon - Sims can meditate there, for relaxation. Then get the massage chair from the store, and add a gym, a hot tub, some other calming things. The office is easy - just add a bunch of computers and book cases. The film career is also open, if you get Generation for the cameras + SHT if you want actual props and back drops.

The only rabbit holes closed are the Public Service buildings (City hall, Military + Police) and the restaurant.

And, the registers that have nothing to do with rabbit holes, like consignment (if you decorate the lot, it can be anything), and the store for vacation worlds. The Pet store is common sense.

Still waiting for skydiving from the store, though.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1427 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:33 AM
I don't know where to ask this so I guess I'll just ask it here.. is there any way to mod the fog emitter for there would be weather in the sims 3?
I was just wondering.. and if there is.. what kind of tutorials or things would I need to know to make it happen?

Anyways back on topic. What interactions do you think are a must for a weather expansion?
Personally I think.. snow ball fights, building snowmen, raking leaves, and jumping in leaves are musts. But there is more I'm probably missing.
Mad Poster
#1428 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:52 AM
EA put a lot of what was in seasons in the Sims 3 already. If ANYTHING we need to interact with the ocean/lakes in the game. It's been far too long, and all Sims can do in Swin and animals can drink. Sims don't even stop to look at the water. HOPEFULLY we can have new town zoning for out locations, like mountains, beach, suburb, rural, city, etc., and be able to select them. Hopefully, that will play into what animals spawn where. There shouldn't be tropical birds spawning in Bridgeport.

I just hope they focus on the world and the Sims, and typing the EA together with the weather they implement, and make the worlds feel whole. Not just have it be Weather - Base Game, and call it quits. I wouldn't mind having them not focus on decorative assets as much if try to bring the game together as whole.

Field Researcher
#1429 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 3:06 AM
I hope whenever they make seasons, if they do. I hope there's a way to choose what climate a world has. Because that would be awesome and realistic.
I feel dumb what is town zoning?
Mad Poster
#1430 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 4:43 AM
Like lot zoning (Commercial or Resident) Except for towns. Not exactly seasons related, but nice for patches.

Top Secret Researcher
#1431 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 5:36 AM
Its basically the code that tells the game how the world will work. There are three variants - Town, City, and Vacation World. Sunset Valley is classified as a town, while Bridgeport is a city and Champs Les Sims is a V.W. (not a Volkswagen, haha) The code determines the amount of traffic, taxis, food trucks and so forth. matrix54 is suggesting there are more classifications so we can create a wider variety of worlds. But of course thats the simple version, the juice is all here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374

Also, if they release a weather, it should be manipulate-able in CAW, so we can control the weather and how frequently is snows and such, because if you have a tropical island like Niua Simoa, snow wouldn't really work.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#1432 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Also, if they release a weather, it should be manipulate-able in CAW, so we can control the weather and how frequently is snows and such, because if you have a tropical island like Niua Simoa, snow wouldn't really work.

There's nothing to stop them implimenting it like they did in The Sims 2 where the player could choose what seasons existed, and in what order, for each world. At least I don't see why they couldn't do that.
That's if they even consider allowing us control over it. I do think in Sims 3 they seem to like giving us these features but then not allowing us any say in if we want to access them or not. Random spawning vampires for example.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#1433 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Random spawning vampires for example.

Random has been the codename for TS3.
Field Researcher
#1434 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:04 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested yet but that fake poster did bring up some ideas.
I would LOVE to see a faerie life state, and definitely a mermaid/merman life state. I would also like to see something similar to the Makin Magic expansion for sims 1 (and apartment life for sims 2). You know, you can be a witch and have a pet dragon or summon an assistant to instant KO your enemies

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Forum Resident
#1435 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Like lot zoning (Commercial or Resident) Except for towns. Not exactly seasons related, but nice for patches.

I've always wanted lot zoning in order to diversify my worlds. Apartment Life had some semblance of this with the world objects we could place that would attract different types of townies and Nightlife gave the appearance of this but not the actual functionality.

I'd love to be able to set high-end and low-end residential areas. This way, a 30x30 lot in a "poor" area would cost less to buy than the same plot of land in a nice area. It'd also be nice to have separate features such as increased burglaries, negative buffs and homeless NPCs and pickpockets.

One of the things I'd love to see in TS4 is true homelessness, the ability to place a Sim in the world without having to attach them to a lot. Transients/drifters could do odd jobs for households and Sims for money or food without being tied to any particular career track.
Top Secret Researcher
#1436 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 6:21 PM
Well of course its not labelled, but In CAW when you make a world you pick its lot price, vista Buff, and so on. You could technically make a "poor" and "rich" area and even eit the lot prices to fit the area you are creating or today's or yesteryear's economy, but definitely not in game. It would be nice though.

GTA V
Top Secret Researcher
#1437 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 1:24 AM
If they are releasing a weather expansion, hopefully after the Magic EP, they should include swimmable oceans and useable boats as some people suggested, and there could be frozen over lakes, where you could fall through the ice, and if anything I've also always wanted a system where you could pack up and move from say sunset valley to another town such as riverview or twinbrook with all of your relationships and money and traits ans skills and everything intact. Because moving using Edit Town and the game bin is becoming a pain in the ass. And it doesnt keep everything, it just starts you off fresh on most things.

GTA V
Field Researcher
#1438 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 3:03 AM
I think something they could add to a weather EP could be a cruise ship that you can actually go on and there can be hurricanes and your sim can get sea sick or play poker or pretty much do anything that a real cruise ship could. It'd probably be a pain in the ass to load it though. But I definitely want random hurricanes/tornados/tsunamis like the random meteors and earth quakes.
Lab Assistant
#1439 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 3:17 AM
MAGIC...Just what I needed

I hope that they added some magic skills later
Field Researcher
#1440 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 4:00 AM
I'm hoping that seasons comes after magic. It would be cool when the lakes freeze over if you could ice skate on them.
Test Subject
#1441 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 2:49 AM
I'm relatively sure they will add seasons last because:
1. So many people want it
2. EA is veeerry veerryy greedy.
3. They aren't ready for TS4. They have to close out the year (and the Sims 3 Series---NOT THE SIMS Series) on a good note so people are willing to buy TS4. They are falsely lulling us into buying TS4 or as I call it TS$ by drawing the better EP's to the end.
Test Subject
#1442 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
Default That would be cool
Quote: Originally posted by Angstrom
I have also thought about The Sims 3: Extreme, focused on adventure and extreme sports.

Daredevils, Athletes, Outdoor-lovers and Brave Sims would love this patch.

Included features could be:
* New vehicles - Motorbikes, Roller skates, Skateboards, Kickbikes, Unicycles, Helicopters
* Parachuting
* Swimming and Wave surfing
* Climbing
* Pool slides and springboards
* A fire-station, where you can pursue a Rescue career, or try the firepole
* A garage, where you can pursue a Motor career
* Tattoos and piercings
* Adventure TV Channel
* Skate punk and surf rock

If I remember correctly, I believe it was TS2 on Xbox 360. They had a wave pool you could practice surfing in. I thought that was cool.
Test Subject
#1443 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM
Much as I'm desperate for weather, I REALLY want a proper business style EP - a la OFB. In Sims 2 I had a High Street of sorts (although no where near as good as the mall pic posted! I loved that mall!) and I'd love to be able to create that again.

Each lot was owned and worked in by a resident of the town... it was a lovely self sufficient town. Full of mods, but self sufficient.

...I might go and have a play with Sims 2 now...

xxx

I am taking requests for houses. PM me with your details...
Top Secret Researcher
#1444 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 6:32 AM
Boats.... It must include boats.....

GTA V
Test Subject
#1445 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angstrom
I have also thought about The Sims 3: Extreme, focused on adventure and extreme sports.

Daredevils, Athletes, Outdoor-lovers and Brave Sims would love this patch.

Included features could be:
* New vehicles - Motorbikes, Roller skates, Skateboards, Kickbikes, Unicycles, Helicopters
* Parachuting
* Swimming and Wave surfing
* Climbing
* Pool slides and springboards
* A fire-station, where you can pursue a Rescue career, or try the firepole
* A garage, where you can pursue a Motor career
* Tattoos and piercings
* Adventure TV Channel
* Skate punk and surf rock

I think this might be a good one, and it seems it could be possible too. Guys have you ever noticed that in every town the school always has a large field at the back???

i mean every town has that, it seems like they are preparing it for some sports EP, like football or running, base jumping , etc hehe what do you think? :D
Lab Assistant
#1446 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:37 PM
I think we actually might be getting an 8th EP at this point. Think about it. They've been shoving stuff pack surveys down our throats recently, the Katy Perry SP is coming June 5,the 7th EP will be 88 days or so after that,with the results from the surveys probably coming 88 days after that too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they launch Sims 2 & Sims 3 in the fall? Like September/October,with finishing out the previous series in the late spring April/May?

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Forum Resident
#1447 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:16 PM
Sims 2 was launched in September, with the last add-on being released in August (EP: Apartment Life) / November (SP: Mansions and Gardens); Sims 3 was launched in June (although I recall it being intended for a February launch).

I will be surprised if they finish out TS3 with the expected magic EP, especially given previous development cycles: TS1 was launched in Feb 2000 and had its last add-on released October 2003 (approx 3.5 years); TS2 was launched in Sept 2004 and had its last add-on released November 2008 (approx 4 years). If TS3 finished this year, it'd be a development cycle of approximately 3 years (3.5 years if you assume an SP release in Jan/Feb next year) and, crucially, we haven't heard anything about TS4 -- I wasn't around for the jump from TS1 to TS2, but we were hearing about TS3 towards the end of TS2's cycle.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#1448 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:57 PM
Maybe they will add the object to play sims 4 on the sims computers. They had the sims 3 available towards the end for the sims 2.

Do you guys ever read the sims official forums? Seasons topics spawn like crazy. And there are the people who do not want seasons period and get angry if seasons is even mentioned. Then there are the people who say they don't want remakes.
Mad Poster
#1449 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:24 PM
The Sims 3 is a life Simulator. There's only but so much one can do with life. Remakes have to happen, unless they change how the do expansion packs.

Maybe if they based the EPs on the types of region, or general location, maybe remakes wouldn't happen, but content from old games WILL return.

Field Researcher
#1450 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM
Yeah I agree with you Matrix.. I sometimes think people just want to whine. I really hope they bring the diving board back already and the water slide. I need more for my pools.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 58 of 67