Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 2:45 AM Last edited by kacpi33 : 11th Feb 2021 at 5:33 PM.
Default Custom Campfire Problem
Hello Simmers!

I need your help. I've downloaded some conversions of fire pits from ts3 by Veranka and I'm trying to mod them into functioning like the campfire from Bon Voyage. Something however is going terribly wrong because when I try to start the fire, the pit forces error dialogues.

I'm only a beginner modder. I've done only few objects but never anything as complex as the pit. Here is the way I did it:
1. Cloned the "logs of fire" object through object workshop (in desperation tried with and without "pulling animations")
2. Replaced the mesh and textures (double checked if the names are all correct)
3. Assigned new GUIDs to all OJD
4. Saved everything and put it into the game

I thought it would be relatively easy and only about changing the model but clearly I'm missing something else here?

EDIT
I guess there is some problem in cloning the object? SimPE seems to not extract everything properly because the new pit in game doesnt have the logs (At first I was happy about it, because I thought I don't have to deal with adjusting them to the new model but now I'm thinking a sim needs the logs to interact with the object properly)
The error popup displays this message:

Quote:
Error: No bone on model corresponding to name in routing slot on destination object

Would simply adding logs to the model fix the issue?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kacpi33
Hello Simmers!

I need your help. I've downloaded some conversions of fire pits from ts3 by Veranka and I'm trying to mod them into functioning like the campfire from Bon Voyage. Something however is going terribly wrong because when I try to start the fire, the pit forces error dialogues.

I'm only a beginner modder. I've done only few objects but never anything as complex as the pit. Here is the way I did it:
1. Cloned the "logs of fire" object through object workshop (in desperation tried with and without "pulling animations")
2. Replaced the mesh and textures (double checked if the names are all correct)
3. Assigned new GUIDs to all OJD
4. Saved everything and put it into the game

I thought it would be relatively easy and only about changing the model but clearly I'm missing something else here?

EDIT
I guess there is some problem in cloning the object? SimPE seems to not extract everything properly because the new pit in game doesnt have the logs (At first I was happy about it, because I thought I don't have to deal with adjusting them to the new model but now I'm thinking a sim needs the logs to interact with the object properly)
The error popup displays this message:

Would simply adding logs to the model fix the issue?

Hello @kacpi33
I have already cloned from the Bon Voyage Logs of Burning (camp fire) to convert the TS3 Design & High Tech Pebblestone Firestone Pit for Sims2.
From my records, there are 26 Guids - so plenty of scope for error - I know I had to go very slowly - batches of four or five at at time to keep the place because if this is not right, it won't work properly in the game.
Please upload your zip.file for me to have a look at it?
Alternatively, if you let me know exactly which TS3 fire pit (possibly Into the Future EP?), I could have have a go myself to see if there is a problem.
By the way, if you have any problems when creating/converting objects, you should try the Sims2 Object Creation Workshop and Repair Center - they are very helpful.