Replies: 3540 (Who?), Viewed: 205574 times.
Page 142 of 142
Mad Poster
#3526 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LittleCheshire

On an end note, after watching LGR's review I went to look through the comments. Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels cheated by EA's community voted pack system they've got going on:

"I know that people are saying, “Well the community voted for this pack!” but we kinda...didn’t? The way voting works is very manipulative; they start out with a broad idea than narrow it down so much that it’s stupid. I voted for arts and crafts in the beginning because I thought that it would be all about all aspects of arts and crafts. Then the sims devs whittled it down so much that it just became knitting. The way that the sims team does the voting is so frustrating because you think you’re gonna get more out of something than what they actually give you."

EA leaves concepts vague under the guise that some boogy man from the Federal Trade Commission will come and knock on EA's door if they [EA] merely suggests what they are working on.  We all know this is BS as they announce how many packs will be coming out for each fiscal quarter. I digress.

If the community is going to accept this vague, open-ended voting system, then they have to accept all the 'creative liberties' EA is going to take along the way, because that's what they do.  Is knitting a craft? I would say so and is one that I've tried many times to get into, but it is just not my thing.  This problem of EA creating something when the community thought it was something else has been a smear on TS4 since it was released.  Anybody remember all the talk about how sims and babies were going to be able to cuddle on a couch and all that other stuff?  All that stuff was invented by the community. This is one of the few rare instances where EA cannot be blamed.

If people are tired of always feeling like they have been given the shaft or cheated, then they need to stop buying packs as soon as they are released.  I'm not saying anything new here; I'm beating a dead horse.  If people are willing to participate in EA's foolishness, they can't complain about how they were screwed.  A closed wallet speaks louder than words.  I'm not saying and or suggesting what they are doing it right, EA however is a dawg and the only language they understand is money.
Instructor
#3527 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:47 PM
they could have added all the interactions sims 2 kids had. But they wanted too push the game out. No crime either in sims 4.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3528 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 4:14 PM
Given how stuff packs are produced, within the confines of a stuff packs, how can a stuff packs fulfill the Arts-And-Crafts aspect without being more than a stuff pack?

If it wasn’t voted on, I’d fully expect one additional hobby added to the game, similar to carving pumpkins or collecting and battling with trading cards. It’s a way to add a small amount of content and gameplay to the game for a small price. I wasn’t expecting the equivalent of Freetime.

You get a new hobby with a skill and aspiration, and a web store to have a basic home business. It is what it is.

Would I have preferred an extra hobby? Sure. They could have thrown in some sellable pottery options with that useless ball of clay we have.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3529 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 4:18 PM
"Arts and crafts" does not equal "just knitting". If EA thinks that, they need to rethink their voting system... Knitting is a craft, but there are tons of other ways to make arts and crafts, and a stuff pack is going to be too small to encompass all of them :/

Stuff packs are for adding in stuff. A couple of furniture sets, maybe.
Game packs are for small game features that don't need their own EPs. Arts and crafts would perhaps have been better as a game pack because you could add mroe features.
Expansions are for major game features.
Somehow it seems EA has kind of forgotten this a bit lately...

I haven't bought a pack since Cats & Dogs (and only have GTW apart from that). There's a good reason why. I've wanted to buy packs a few times since, but then I decide to wait, and somehow I end up not disappointed for waiting. Gee, I wonder why, after the letdown C&D turned out to be...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3530 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 8:25 PM
I don't know what people were expecting from a stuff pack. Sure, the general theme was arts and craft, but we were told to pick a hobby. Within the budget and expectations of a stuff pack, this is what was made.

In terms of what they were doing with TS3, stuff packs have taken the place of premium content in the TS3 store. Game Packs are kind of what stuff packs use to be, but with more features. The changes the business model. It is what it is.

If they want to put to sell a small pack of clothing and objects with a small little throwaway feature for funsies, sure. Whatever.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3531 Old Yesterday at 1:41 AM
It shows how dumb the fandom can be. You're voting for a Stuff Pack. Not an game or expansion pack ensuring you'll get most of it. Of course the stuff pack will include one hobby. This whole vote a stuff pack hardly benefits anyone with the way those packs turn out to be. Moght as well Maxis just do without it and it be no different How I despise the dumbest ppl as much as Maxis production tactics

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3532 Old Yesterday at 12:16 PM
Comment from Clint's review / overview... whatever anybody wants to call it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80iSIC13nVQ

Quote:
Knitting pack?  What were the other options? "Stamp collecting," "Artisan Jam making," and "Blankly staring off into the abyss," Stuff packs?

TS4 sims already stare off into the abyss, but it wouldn't surprise me if EA made a pack about it.  They'd call it the Nifty Cloud Pack.
Scholar
#3533 Old Yesterday at 12:54 PM
I don't get it, we first chose the pack theme then the actual activity. So, it was Arts & Crafts, but then we chose which activity we wanted, and knitting won. Why are people complaining about that all of a sudden. It's a stuff pack, not a game pack, not an expansion...

I saw people complaining about the colours and the modern furniture that came with this pack... instead of having more old fashioned furniture. But that's what players voted for !!!
Mad Poster
#3534 Old Yesterday at 4:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : Yesterday at 4:28 PM.
Because you assume that the collective "we" wanted an Arts & Crafts stuff pack based around just knitting, just because the TS4 team rigged a voting sequence so they could justify making a very simple pack based around a very narrow theme picked from a handful of themes they essentially pre-picked, and then "let us" pick out stuffeths for that pack from a "wide range" (not really) of items down to "what we liked" (20-30 something items, if I remember correctly, which is nothing?) and what came out of it was... well, knitting stuff.

A theme we chose? You wish...

(I participated in those surveys just for the heck of it, but I had a feeling what would come out at the other end of that survey would pretty much be the result of poking a hole in the lid of a toothpaste tube with a needle and see what came out, if anything...)
Field Researcher
#3535 Old Yesterday at 6:03 PM
I think all of you are underestimating the amount of people who actually voted for this. The only places where it was not very popular was Twitter, elsewhere, most people who voiced their opinions arts and crafts, and afterwards knitting, were the popular choices.
Mad Poster
#3536 Old Yesterday at 6:26 PM
Again, voted forth from a "look at these cool (we think, anyway) new (but few) suggestions we have for a potential stuff pack" handful of themes.

If you make people vote for something you are going to get a result. Even if you make one person vote for something, you're still going to get a result. The number of people voting doesn't really matter - it could just as easily have been a different theme if people had voted for something else... :/
Instructor
#3537 Old Yesterday at 7:54 PM
Why do people think that the Nifty Knitting pack was rigged to be the one? It would be easier to make a lot of the other choices than knitting objects. I expect some of the staff would have preferred something else, especially a Grim Reaper/haunted scenario.

You have to look out for the polls and participate in them if you want a different outcome. I didn't vote for knitting but I accept it as a proper choice.
Test Subject
#3538 Old Yesterday at 8:42 PM
I'll admit that I voted for crafting (I wanted pottery or glassblowing) over the haunted pack because I remember how many random ghosts the game generates for the "Spooky Day" traditions.

I mostly just didn't want the potential heath/wellness pack because a sim fitbit sounded stupid and you know they would have handled that like the fitness pack's earbuds.
Scholar
#3539 Old Yesterday at 10:00 PM
The way they go about voting for these stuff packs is deceiving - they need to vote for the details of each pack BEFORE voting for which pack to make, otherwise you're just voting for something you've no real clue of what it is. If this is the way they make packs, no wonder they're consistently are a total mess.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#3540 Old Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Should, would, could have - EA be EA. That will not change with the model they're running, regardless on how much will complain about it.

Now they'll either peacemeal the theme into mode individual stuff packs or even incorperate bits here and there in any type packs (like how much eco is divided up in three forms), or this was the end of it (with knitting being the first final and only thing that 'encompassed' the theme, meaning no more arts and craft). The thing we can do is say no by just opening a wallet for this stuff pack. Not even when it's on sale. There no other way of conving them. They can suck it with their stuff packs (boycott them) if that's how they gonna release content which we all have voted for. I hardly FreeTime ever becoming a thing under one pack. Forget that happening.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#3541 Old Today at 5:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
I don't get it, we first chose the pack theme then the actual activity. So, it was Arts & Crafts, but then we chose which activity we wanted, and knitting won. Why are people complaining about that all of a sudden. It's a stuff pack, not a game pack, not an expansion...

I saw people complaining about the colours and the modern furniture that came with this pack... instead of having more old fashioned furniture. But that's what players voted for !!!

Ah, but you see I did vote for knitting. I wanted knitting and I like the gameplay we got with it. However, I did not vote for the overly bright pastel aesthetic and I'm not thrilled about it, but I can live with it. These surveys are a joke, anyway, because people can vote over and over again on multiple devices as long as they clear their browser cache each time. The votes should have been tied to Origin to make sure no one cheated.
Page 142 of 142