Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retuned Attraction System (1.67 compatible)

by Fentonparkninja Posted 1st Dec 2012 at 1:37 PM - Updated 10th Apr 2014 at 9:53 AM by Fentonparkninja : Patch 1.67

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:56 PM
So does the Purity flavor include all of the factors in Variety?
Test Subject
#52 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 7:40 AM Last edited by Lewion : 25th Feb 2013 at 8:03 AM.
I tested your Purity Attraction mod, and it seems that once the Eternally Faithful or Faithful moodlet is rewarded, the sims who are in a relationship with each other will have their attraction levels with everyone reset to 1 -- including themselves.

Is this by design? I like the idea of having committed sims and having a way to prevent them from cheating, but I'm inclined to think that you weren't aiming for them to become attracted to no one. Based on what I see, the mod now hinders autonomous romantic actions with their partners.

I haven't run across any other problems, although from my experience, your Purity Attraction Mod does work for pre-mod-installed relationships following the 1.42 patch (this is a good thing, right?). I believe this is the case because pre-installation had my sims with attraction levels of 10, post-installation reset the attraction levels to 7, and post-installation and post-modifying traits reset the attraction level to 9 (and post-Faithful moodlet reset the attraction level to 1). I am patched to 1.50.

Regardless, this is a very nice mod. I only see one potential problem with it.

*Just to note, I am using this mod in conjunction with Twallan's Woohooer Scoring mod; however, these changes occurred strictly after installation of your mod, so I think it's safe to attribute these changes to the Purity Attraction mod.

**Sorry, I guess I should have read through the topic more closely. You are aware of how it alters the couple's own scoring.
Good job with the mod
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:09 AM
I'm confused. Is the Purity Version exactly the same as the Variety Version, but with the Eternally Faithful/Faithful moodlets added? I have the Variety Version, but I would like to have the two new moodlets also. Will I get both in the Purity Version(the same features as the Variety plus the two new moodlets)?
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 6:19 AM
Margaret: The 'Purity' version has exactly the same settings as 'Variety' except that the moodlet scoring is different as described in the summary.

Lewion: I've run it through both unmodded and modded savegames without any unexpected results, but I might lower the values, as I did set the moodlet bonus/penalty quite high (500). It could be that if it hits 1000 or -1000, it wraps around to 1 if the attraction score field isn't expected to be more than three digits long. Woohooer also calculates attraction scoring differently than the default system, so there may be a wrinkle there as well.

It's interesting that you say it happens when they get the faithful/eternally faithful moodlet. My belief was that the score was only calculated when sims met. I know Woohooer recalculates it daily and whenever you use certain interactions, but that is new to me. Thanks for the feedback!

partyanimal333: 'Purity' is the same as 'Variety' except that the only moodlets that affect the attraction score are 'In The Mood' (positively), 'Faithful' and 'Eternally Faithful' (negatively). Everything else (traits, zodiac etc) has the same effect on the attraction score as in the 'Variety' version of the mod.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 8:30 PM
So I've been using the Variety Attraction pretty much since you came out with this mod. Like a lot of other players, I was sick of my sim being attracted to so many other sims (and the gifts/date calls annoyance), not realistic at all. Well, my sim has not been attracted to another sim AT ALL, EVER since I started using this. That is also not at all what I was going for. I've had my sim try to go meet pretty much everyone in Moonlight falls, the WA worlds, and at University. My sim has been in MF for 12 sim weeks, spent several weeks in WA worlds, and two terms at Uni. She fancies no one.

I don't know, I'm just getting a bit frustrated. I wanted my sims to be not as "easy", not completely asexual. The sim that I am having problems with has the following traits: hopeless romantic, artistic, adventurous, perfectionist, and kleptomaniac. She is a taurus with LTW Seasoned traveler. I use some other mods, but none that conflict with this.

What is going to happen to my save game if I either change the mod flavor I use, or remove this mod all together? Is my sim still doomed to never be attracted to another sim? Does anyone else have this problem?
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 4:10 PM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 8th Mar 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Alternatives
If you're having trouble with it, you can improve her chances by stacking positive Moodlets and/or buying the Attractive LTR.

There is a lot of chance involved though, as it really depends on the traits and zodiacs of the sims in your town vs those of your sim. Variety requires sims to score positively in more than just one category in order to attract, unless by some miracle or player intervention, another sim has the exact same traits as them.

You can change the flavour or remove the mod anytime without ill effects.

EDIT: You could try using NRaas Woohooer if you've run out of sims to meet, as that mod can reroll attraction scores on all of them.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/home
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 3:32 PM
Having the same problem as Craplog. I want my Sims to be attracted to at least somebody... But not everybody, lol. Before they were attracted to everybody, now... They're not attracted to anybody. *Sigh*
Scholar
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:08 PM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Accuracy
For those of you who find Variety too hard, you may want to try an easier flavour like Reward. Alternatively, you can edit the parameters yourself with S3PE or use NRaas Retuner (try lowering the attraction threshold to start with).
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:33 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:27 AM
Hmm, I wander if I can use the reward and zodiac ones only... Will look into it and tell you how it goes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loser
Hmm, I wander if I can use the reward and zodiac ones only... Will look into it and tell you how it goes.
These mods all modify the same resources, so no, you can't use them together. If you want the effects of two of them, you have to modify the XMLs yourself or use NRaas Retuner.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
For those of you who find Variety too hard, you may want to try an easier flavour like Zodiac. Alternatively, you can edit the parameters yourself with S3PE or use NRaas Retuner (try lowering the attraction threshold to start with).

Thanks ! Will you make an easier Purity attraction flavor too ?
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 12:02 PM
I really like the idea of the zodiac version with this mod, but I've noticed that my sims seem to only get the "attracted" moodlet when meeting a sim who has the SAME zodiac as their own. What reference list did you use for compatibility there? Is this supposed to happen?

Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law. And the law is love, love under will.
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseOakMoon
I really like the idea of the zodiac version with this mod, but I've noticed that my sims seem to only get the "attracted" moodlet when meeting a sim who has the SAME zodiac as their own. What reference list did you use for compatibility there? Is this supposed to happen?
Yes, for a while sims were getting Zodiac attractions off any 'compatible' sign, so I initially read that as how it worked. I'm unsure what caused that, as later on, it started working as you described. I wasn't sure which was the 'right' definition, but it seems that having them match *exactly* is the intended effect of the zodiac scoring for attraction.

In short, I believe it's working as intended, I just need to update the description to reflect that. Thanks for the feedback.
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
Thanks ! Will you make an easier Purity attraction flavor too ?
At the moment, I want to wait on Purity until I have a little more feedback. If I have to update it again, I might provide an easier tuning package then - provided I don't hit whatever limit exists for number of files on a single mod.
Test Subject
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 3:45 AM
Hey, did you ever try making one of these to make conflicting traits more attractive? How did it go? This is all I really want from my life.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
At the moment, I want to wait on Purity until I have a little more feedback. If I have to update it again, I might provide an easier tuning package then - provided I don't hit whatever limit exists for number of files on a single mod.

Okay thanks You made a great job already, take your time
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Apr 2013 at 3:21 AM
I would also like to put in the vote for an easier variety + purity. I love the way purity works but I'd like my singles to have an easier time finding compatible lovers. <3 Excellent mod, once of my must haves!
Test Subject
#69 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:00 AM
Hello there =)

Thank you so much for creating this! The attraction system is pretty dumb as it stands, basically everyone falls for everyone and creates a huge mess with or without story progression.

I wanted to let you know, when I used the "Easy Variety Attraction" version, I had something strange happen. I don't know if this was because of mod on my end (though I was careful to keep out anything that changed relationships), and I plan to test out with another version of your mod so I'll let you know.

As it was, my sims were weirdly attracted to people who were almost complete opposites. I made a couple with matching signs and very compatible traits (greenthumb, supernatural fan, loved outdoors, bookworm), but they were never "attracted" to each other. I almost though it wasn't working at all until she met a stranger with completely different traits (daredevil, rebellious, handy), and suddenly the "attracted" moodlet pops up?

=) Thanks again for your time.
Scholar
Original Poster
#70 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aquagemini
Hello there =)

Thank you so much for creating this! The attraction system is pretty dumb as it stands, basically everyone falls for everyone and creates a huge mess with or without story progression.

I wanted to let you know, when I used the "Easy Variety Attraction" version, I had something strange happen. I don't know if this was because of mod on my end (though I was careful to keep out anything that changed relationships), and I plan to test out with another version of your mod so I'll let you know.

As it was, my sims were weirdly attracted to people who were almost complete opposites. I made a couple with matching signs and very compatible traits (greenthumb, supernatural fan, loved outdoors, bookworm), but they were never "attracted" to each other. I almost though it wasn't working at all until she met a stranger with completely different traits (daredevil, rebellious, handy), and suddenly the "attracted" moodlet pops up?

=) Thanks again for your time.
Matching signs will give +70, all it should take from there is one matching trait up to push it over 100 and score an attraction. The attraction system isn't perfect though, many people report it attracting sims it shouldn't and not attracting sims it should. It can mess up sometimes.

The stranger might have had other things that pushed an attraction, like compatible signs. I don't recall if anything opposes Daredevil or not, Rebellious is opposed by Schmoozer and I don't think Handy has an opposing trait.
Test Subject
#71 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:18 AM
Hi uhm I really really want to download this but 7z isnt compatible with my computer :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilweasleygirl24
Hi uhm I really really want to download this but 7z isnt compatible with my computer :/
You need the 7zip program to open 7z files, grab it from http://www.7-zip.org/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:12 AM
Thank you for this, it looks awesome. The current EA attraction system is bizarre, and I'm getting more than a little tired of it.

I'm going for the Easy Variety attraction, I think, but I certainly second other requests for Purity being added to that (one of my biggest problems with the existing system is getting date requests and more from supposedly Faithful spouses) if you ever get around to it. Even without it, it's a big plus.
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 9:03 PM
Also definitely seconding the request for a Purity Easy Variety flavor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 3:09 PM
Thank you VERY much! I was really REALLY bored from all those gifts, letters, dates and such -.-, seriously, it's sooooo annoying to open your mailbox and find all those gifts from random sims (and A LOT of them were from married sims), and all those date calls...Ugh, my poor sim couldn't do anything without her telephone starting to ring...Really, I think EA could have done a better work in that sistem...Buuuut, anyways, thanks again!

I'm also with everyone who wants the Purity Easy Variety flavor , it'd be so nice if married sims stopped calling my ALSO married sim xD, but untill then, I'll be using the regular Purity flavor :D
Page 3 of 6