Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Alpha-Editable Dress Top - UPDATED Sept. 24, 2006

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:59 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 124 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Test Subject
#51 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 8:51 PM
Love it love it love it. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 9:24 PM
Thanks so much for this! I had to delete the other because of the problems but I really liked it so I am so glad to see that you have fixed it and made it even better! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live for today.
Scholar
#53 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 11:44 PM
Really awesome HP. Thanks for your work!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 12:12 AM
Thanks! And I might I say I love, love, LOVE! your avatar.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#55 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:57 AM
The tops are absolutely lovely HP!

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Field Researcher
#56 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:02 AM
Great work! Not only did you solve the crashing problem, but you did it with my favorite top! Thanks big bunches!!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 5:07 AM
Awesome! I love these, they're so cute! Thanks

step to the disco tech.
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:14 AM
I like this but would like one without the "modisty cap" all this censorship bug me LOL
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:17 AM
You don't HAVE to have the "modesty cap" on any recolours, tastyted1. It gets removed with the alpha. All of the recolours I've done except the burgundy one have no "modesty cap." I only included it because it was part of the original OfB top that I wanted to convert to a dress top. Black out that part of the alpha and it'll be gone.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:35 AM
YAY! No crashing and I get to see a fan-damn-tastic gothy-liscious top again!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:41 AM
Fabulous! Its great to see longer tops, that don't show midriff and that are still stylish! great job! One question though. Is this a full outfit mesh? (pants, etc?) & if so, what kind of shoes come with it? Im really hoping they are flat. I've been looking for a long shirt, jeans, and flat shoes for ages. All these high heels are getting on my nerves. :/ But yes~! Please send me a message~!

~Zombie FUxKER
Forum Resident
#62 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:28 AM
Amazing work! Thank you

Find some of my work at Just Sims 2
Do not recolor my creations without permission
Field Researcher
#63 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:59 AM
I don't think I've ever had a problem with the old dress tops, but I shall get these anyway.
Oh yeah, and you mentioned in your original post about having problems with blurring ingame.. I've had this and I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what you did.
Thanks.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:06 AM
zombie, it's a top only, not a full-body outfit. You put whatever separate bottoms you want with it. Some will clip through and not look right, but if you put like, tights or tight jeans underneath (I really like the SIMply Elau barefoot jeans mesh for this) it looks fine. If you look REAL close at the front of the goth lolita dress, right where the plaid starts for the skirt beneath the black shirt, you can see some little horizontal black marks on the plaid. That's the pants (OfB flared slacks with shiny formalish pointy shoes) underneath clipping through a bit.

conage, the blurring I was getting was some weird random blurring/crunchiness with thumbnails and mirrors, that intensified through my testing of several items including this dress top (which was having its own blurring problem on the bottom, which is why I include the warning - I don't think they were related because that's not what my further testing to try to fix it suggested but I thought I'd mention it just in case). Eventually it was so if I loaded a lot, everything was fine, but as soon as I moved the camera, the whole lot would blur VERY badly. I eventually took out my whole My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder, and put back only my Downloads and Neighborhoods, and that fixed everything but the taxi for me - which fixed itself after a few days, and now everything's back to normal. I don't know why I was getting that blurring, and I've talked to other people who had similar issues before my dress tops were even created, let alone in their games for testing, so I really don't think it had anything to do with this, really. Try what I described above that worked for me (though my problem's root cause, and therefore its fix, may be different from yours - I don't know what caused mine), and try the Game Help forum.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:24 PM
you're a treasure for us HP! I was really sorry when I saw the game crashes with flying version :the concept is so great...
I like this new shape too
thank you for sharing !
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:01 PM
umm....ahh..... what does it do? i can't get those alpha editable mesh stuff... can't understand english enaught... explain!

Words of Wisdom:
Human stop think when he(she) stop read...
Old habits die hard...
The more you get, the more you want...
If you want a thingdone well, do it yourself...
Field Researcher
#67 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:31 PM
Thanks for the very long reply, but that's not the problem I was having.. Oh well.
Oh, and when I played in game earlier, I noticed that there was a sort of flare at the bottom, which is very nice.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:50 PM
I love this mesh and want you to know that it is highly appreciated. I am looking forward to your future creations.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:22 PM
wicked!!! ^O^
my girl sims will love this xD

GONNA LOVE~
Heartsdales~
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:36 PM
Wow these are really nice!
Just one problem - whenever I download them they won't show up in game. I moved all the files into the Downloads folder (and I've checked everywhere in BodyShop) but I still can't find them. Am I doing something wrong?

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the Twentieth Century" - Jack the Ripper
"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick-ass!" Dave the Lighting Guy, Orgazmo
Test Subject
#71 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 12:33 AM
oh my goodness! i just realized something. the only reason i clicked on this is because i thought it said "edible!" ha! i was thinking weird, ok, that could make woo hoo more interesting. it took me, like 5 minutes to read EDITable! ....yeah, i'm a bit of a dork.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:12 AM
povilas_god - Alpha-editable means that someone can change the shape of the bottom part of the mesh, below the waist, by editing the some of the images when they go to recolour it. Normally meshes are stuck with one shape, whatever the 3d model is shaped like, but I've set this mesh up so you can can set the bottom part of the skirt to many different shapes, as you can see by my recolours - see how the bottom is different on each one? The burgundy one is the maximum length of the mesh, and shows the full shape of it.

amzy829 - Make sure you have the mesh (filename starts with CMESH) and at least one of my recolour files in your Downloads folder. If you don't, it's not going to show up. If you're sure you have the files in the right place, see the Game Help section and the "all/some/no custom content is showing up" FAQ for more things to try - I don't think there's a problem with my files, as it definitely shows up for other people.

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:52 AM
I eventually got it working, I guess my computer was having a stubborn day!
Thanks for making this! I was wanting an alpha-editable top for a long time, and now it's been made! I'm so happy!

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the Twentieth Century" - Jack the Ripper
"I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think unicorns are kick-ass!" Dave the Lighting Guy, Orgazmo
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 1:49 PM
This mesh is so amazing and so useful! Thank you!

La la la...
I am just a random, messy girl in a random, messy world...
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:24 PM
these look amazing in game, i am so happy you made this mesh because the other doesn't work in my game(though i've got basegame installed), so many thanks and brillant job! :3
Page 3 of 6