Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Afro Puffs" (All Ages) by RainNCandy

by Rainncandy Posted 19th Nov 2006 at 11:24 AM - Updated 29th Jan 2008 at 5:27 AM by Rainncandy

116 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 114 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:39 PM
I don't know you, but I adore you right now. Forget the 70's, I wore my hair like that in the 90's, in middle school. Well kind of, my hair's wavy, so they flopped a little, lol. But nonetheless, you've done a wonderful job, and thanks for sharing this with us!
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 11:52 PM
Wow this is awesome, it reminds me of the song about Afro Puffs. XD
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:22 AM
Thanks for this fantastic hairmesh. Have been looking for a hairstyle like this for a long time.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:37 AM
Wow, I just love these. Thank you so much! Love ya for sharing and keep up the good work.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:37 AM
Thanks! These are hot. Also, can I ask where you got the flower choker and jeans the model is wearing?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:38 AM
This is great, we need more variety of hair textures/styles, this is great!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Rainncandy : 20th Nov 2006 at 4:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShuuNeko
These are so cute! ^_^

Where'd you get the outfits your adult and teen models are wearing? >_>

Thank you. I got the outfits from Sims Resource.

Here is the link to the adult female's cashmere sweater by Sherrie Sim:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...2/SetID_357723/

Here is the link to the adult female's jeans by Smulan45 (It's the Lee jeans):

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...sims2/clothing/

Here is the link to the teen female's outfit by Xxsimsluhverxx:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...2/SetID_389772/

The flower choker (necklace) is also from The Sims Resource here:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...2/SetID_345464/
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:42 AM
Oooooooooo My Sims are going to love wearing this style! Thank you and Nouk for your hard work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Rainncandy : 20th Nov 2006 at 12:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by chynableu
FEATURE FEATURE FEATURE lol This is beautiful, Rain. Between you and Nouk, I can make my game even more realistic and fun for my darker sims.

That would be very nice, but I doubt that this will be featured, especially for my first hair mesh. Thanks for your compliments!!

Yes, I would love to see many more recolors. Golden and mixed recolors would be great. Anyone is free to recolor. And I'm glad
you all like the texture. It looks so much better with this texture for a more realistic Afro Puffs style.

Thank you all so much for your compliments. It's good to know that a lot of people like the hair. I'm glad that is was successful. I was nervous about it at first, but now I feel much
better now that I see that it is well-liked. Thank you all!!
Test Subject
#60 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 1:00 AM
The model is really pretty i hope you will upload her soon
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil3k3ki
The model is really pretty i hope you will upload her soon

**Thank you. I wasn't planning on uploading her, but for those that want her, I will just package her and add a link to her. I will post the link soon.**
Field Researcher
#62 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 1:30 AM
These are wonderful, RainNCandy! The texture is wonderful, and I definitely could use some more ethnic hairs! Thank you so much for giving these to the simming community!

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 1:48 AM
You did a wonderful job. Thank you and Nouk for this cute hairstyle!
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:44 AM
Thank you both!! I appreciate that.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#65 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:57 AM
Very nice! I'm glad you got it working, congrats on your first hair mesh.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:02 AM
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:21 AM
Beautiful job. Thank you.
Instructor
#68 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:49 AM
YOu did a great job esp for your first mesh. I wouldn't have guessed. Please keep up the great work
Instructor
#69 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 6:17 AM
Awesome job!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:12 AM
It's so good to see another ethnic hair instead of one of 10 copies of whatever overblown mess some celebrity has her hair styled up in. This looks great and I'm looking forward to trying it out in my game!
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:20 AM
Thanks everyone!! And I totally agree, Renatus Valentinus. Glad you like
it!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:39 AM
Yay, Rain! It's up! It is so beautiful in game! Good job, and I hope you make more ethnic hair!
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 7:45 AM
Thank you misscoolness!! I'm glad you tried it and think it looks good in-game. And, yes, I do plan on making more ethnic hair if I can.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 9:03 AM
Yay, between you and Nouk, I'll finally have some more variety in hair textures.
Scholar
#75 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 11:34 AM
I love it! Totally awesome Congratulations on your first hairmesh, and you did the ages all by yourself, fantastic job!!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Page 3 of 5