Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Show Hidden Skills and Stats with Bonsai of Wisdom

by CtfG Posted 5th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:20 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:40 AM Last edited by CtfG : 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JeffreyC
I noticed that while it does work in seasons with no problems, it does not display this hidden skating (roller and ice) skills that are in seasons. Any plans to add this to go along with the pool skill already included?

Until now, I hadn't even known there is such a skill! *laughs* I concentrated on the Garden Helpers, but thanks to your hint, I'll immediately start searching for this skill (and maybe for others, too). Thanks for pointing this out!

CtfG
- - - - - - -
Edit:
Skating is not a hidden skill, but bases on the body skill. Group 0x7F011198 (the one which handles all the skating stuff) has this line in it:
Code:
$NameLocal:0 has gained a body skill point from skating on the $NameLocal:1.

where $NameLocal:0 = the sim's name, and $NameLocal:1 = the object which the sim skates on. So skating raises the body skill, but no other.

CtfG

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 6:00 PM
Interesting, and strange they would implement it quite that way. I'd have thought they would have had one for the tricks performance ability for doing jumps and spins. Then again they have done some pretty strange things in the past
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th May 2007 at 1:10 AM
Thank you for creating this mod.

As a request/suggestion is there anyway that as a hidden stat that you could add the sim's personal wealth. (The number that determines wether a sims has fulfilled the "Earn X amount of §" want)?
Test Subject
#54 Old 18th May 2007 at 11:23 PM
Sweet, I love looking "behind the scenes" at hidden stuff!
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd May 2007 at 12:39 PM
Thats really cool. I've been wondering what those hidden skills were and how to know if they were achieved! Thanks a bunch.
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 8:58 AM
may I also ask a little question? i can't figure out, what the writing skill is for. I tried writing Novel, but the skill didn't increase. Any ideas?

kg
Instructor
#57 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 9:32 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:58 AM
Thanks so much! It has helped my sims get the pool & dancing college scholarships!
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:04 PM
Cool
But I'm wondering... what is the "holiday"? It's number 13 at the list, but I can't see it on your picture. And I don't know if you call it holiday, because I use the danish translation.
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 11:44 AM
Are there any hidden skills in Bon Voyage? Such as a hula skill and a gesture skill which determines how far along the road to learning a new dance/gesture you are?
I know it's based on the dance skill, but there has to be some different stages for it.
Test Subject
#61 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 12:17 PM
there is a hidden tai chii skill it takes time for a sim to be able to earn body skill from tai cii
also something i've notice one of my sims had her creative skill maxed and she painted after that over 90 paintings and the no. of skiil in here still got higher like 475/450 ect. is there any way so that my sim could keep painting but her skill will reamin 450/450?
Test Subject
#62 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 2:16 AM
Default Dancing skill bug?
A great mod! I just have a small problem with the dancing skill:
I have just had a Sim smustle for 48 hours straight (using maxmotives), but he still couldn't raise dancing from 9 to 10! (He got the rest of the skill in well under a day.) However, I have seen that boolprop lets you achieve 10. Is it possible to get 10 regularly (how much time), or is this a Maxis rounding error/deliberate limit?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:22 AM
Update 2008-01-08
This object works with EP6 - Bon Voyage. No changes necessary.

Vironin

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:40 AM
I love this mod! I am uncertain that it would work with freetime however. With all the new hobbies and badges I mean. I'll be watching to hopefully get the go ahead soon.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by erica_jean698
I love this mod! I am uncertain that it would work with freetime however. With all the new hobbies and badges I mean. I'll be watching to hopefully get the go ahead soon.

The Bonsai works with FT, and since FT shows all the new hobbies, there's no need to implement these into the object

Vironin

Alchemist
#66 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:38 AM
An indispensable item in any sims household in my game! Especially useful for kids and teens to build up their dancing and billiard skills. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sisi1088
My sim has been dancing with the cdplayer for days but the dancing skill doesnt go up! why?
Sims need to dance with another sim in order for the skill to go up.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraBow
Sims need to dance with another sim in order for the skill to go up.

They can also use any HiFi or a DJ station to dance alone and thus build up the skill

Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 4:21 AM
Also you can smustle to improve dance skill.
Thanks for this object I love it.
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 4:01 PM
This is a very neat mod. Is it compatible with Apartment Life?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 9:57 PM
I can translate this to portuguese if you want. What's the text?

Check my creations! http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2248130
The Portuguese simmers group! Clicky!
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 2:18 AM
Thanks for this, I always wonder why my sim dance like an Id**t. Now I know...

Now you see me, now you don't
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:06 PM
Ivy's a lesbian!~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:52 AM
Good job... Great contribution... Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 11:45 AM
Thank-you!
Page 3 of 4