Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Critical Fix: Portal Deletion Fix (Now Includes NIGHTLIFE fix)

by Crammyboy Posted 14th Aug 2005 at 1:28 AM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:56 AM by Christy1077

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 6:52 AM
If anyone is still checking on this thread, has anyone tried using the university version of this for Base Game only? I've encountered the dreaded tree break error and after fixing it, I would like to use this to prevent it in the future (I suspect it is the portal issue).
Test Subject
#77 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:24 PM
Does this fix the carpool not coming since that uses a portal, too? The carpool isn't coming on most of my lots but not all of them or sometimes it's random rather it comes.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:41 AM
Millahnna - I used to use the portal detector in base game only and it was fine.

siminsc - the car pool not coming is usually some other problem not caused by cancelling readme or juggling. Putting the missing portal detector in your game will tell you for sure, so do it. I think custom careers that don't work right with later EPs are one of the things that can mess up the car pool. If you have any old custom careers, update them or take them out and check if the problem is fixed. If not take out all the downloads and put them back in chunks in the tedious time honoured method. Or search the board for car pool problem posts and hope one applies to you.
Page 4 of 4