Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod to allow Toddlers To Use Stairs

by rebecah Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 2:21 PM by rebecah : typos

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 27th May 2008 at 8:14 AM
This did not work for me; I used the "only if they can walk" version, and all other age groups (child-elder) COULD NOT use stairs. I know that my game started working again when I removed this mod. I have University, Nightlife and Seasons.
Scholar
Original Poster
#77 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ephemeral_
This did not work for me; I used the "only if they can walk" version, and all other age groups (child-elder) COULD NOT use stairs. I know that my game started working again when I removed this mod. I have University, Nightlife and Seasons.

I have updated it! Please always read the information posted to check to see if the issue was resloved.

May 3, 2008: Updated the ToddlerStairModToddlerOnlyUseIfTheyCanWalk.zip the previous version tested all Sims ability to walk before they could use the stairs. I had to also as a test to be sure they are toddlers with the ability to walk. Other age Sims are not flagged in the game as having the ability to walk, so they were not able to use the stairs either.
Test Subject
#78 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:06 PM
i'm confused abt which one to download!!
i have uni+nl+ofb+pets, so which file shld i download???
Scholar
Original Poster
#79 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by exctngdude
i'm confused abt which one to download!!
i have uni+nl+ofb+pets, so which file shld i download???

You should be able to use the main file if you want your toddlers to be able to walk download the 3rd file listed, if it doesn't matter then get the first 2 files listed.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 9:01 AM
I always play multi-story houses, so this has been a HUGE help!!!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 2:19 AM
Oh wow, now I can buy/build 2 story houses! very nice, you are my favorite

You have faith in God, Whose power will protect you until the last day. Then He will save you, just as He has always planned to do.
1 Peter 1:5

Lab Assistant
#82 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:40 AM
Does it work with apartment life?
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
Does it work with apartment life?

Yes but if you want the one for the spirial stairs you need to get the version that works with pets.
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:59 AM Last edited by feonixis : 7th Sep 2008 at 8:13 PM.
I really love this mod! i'm glad someone made this. your skill is like, wow.
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 11:12 AM
This what I m talking about. This is stuff I really need and use often!
Thank you.
Test Subject
#86 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 8:47 PM
Wewt!

That is going to make life a lot easier at the Tot Ranch. xD

It looks a little awkward when they go up and down them, but hey, it's functional and it gets the job done. Why nit-pick, right?

Thanks. :3

Compulsive Downloader and PROUD OF IT.
My Sims 3 game has a built in timer! It never fails to crash after an hour of playing. D;
Space Pony
#87 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:57 PM
Would it be possible, whenever you have the time, to make a version of this where toddlers who haven't learned to walk can crawl up and down stairs? I have a toddler who just looks too cute when she crawls and I can't bring myself to teach her to walk, strange as that probably sounds, but that means the stairs thing is an issue. XD Besides, real toddlers can use stairs before they can walk. Just a request if you ever feel like it
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 3:45 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm just not clear on which one I need to download. I have NL, AL, OFB, UNIV and Seasons. I have a Servo (you mean the robot, right?) in one of my lots. I would like my toddlers to be able to go up and down spiral stairs. I saw your response to the AL question and you recommended downloading the one that works w/pets, but there isn't a download w/pets in the name. I would really like this in my game, but until I hear back from you I can't risk downloading the wrong file. You may PM or E-mail me/comment back here. Hope to hear soon!

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Marie Henri Beyle (1783-1842)
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhedbuddha
I'm sorry, but I'm just not clear on which one I need to download. I have NL, AL, OFB, UNIV and Seasons. I have a Servo (you mean the robot, right?) in one of my lots. I would like my toddlers to be able to go up and down spiral stairs. I saw your response to the AL question and you recommended downloading the one that works w/pets, but there isn't a download w/pets in the name. I would really like this in my game, but until I hear back from you I can't risk downloading the wrong file. You may PM or E-mail me/comment back here. Hope to hear soon!

Would you like your puppies and kittens to be able to use the stairs? If so I have a different version, and that one has the apartment ep version. Posted here
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=283783

The version that does not have noep in the file name is the one that requires that you have the robot in your game. The first 2 files, unless you want only toddlers that are able to walk then choose the 3rd file.
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 12:35 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but... What is a Servo?

And Thanks for your mod
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:47 PM
Thanks so much for your puppies and toddlers hack! My little brother can only go up stairs, he never figured out how to go down. LOL.
Forum Resident
#92 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 2:15 AM
Awesome!

Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:07 PM
Wowwwww! Thanks!
Instructor
#94 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 11:46 PM
Thanks for having the kindness to anncomodate SimsPE dumb asses like me! I've been waiting for something like this for so long. Great work!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM
this is awesome! however,i'm with Tymaporer here.must be interesting to watch if they're able crawl up and down the stairs just to follow their parents.toddlers are very cute when crawls
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:13 PM
First of all, can I just say that I am a big fan of yours and I download alot of your stuff and my toddler would like to thank you. I would secondly like to thank you for this, because now my toddler doesnt need to be carried everywhere. So thanks :D
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 10:59 PM
i have always wanted my toddlers to climb stairs. What does it look like if the toddlers can't walk yet, because i'm always to lazy to teach them.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:23 PM
Why won't this work on the Apartment life curly stairs?
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 5:46 AM
errr... can you make mod to allow toddler walk to spiral stair?
Banned
#100 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 12:42 AM
Thanks so much for this very useful mod! .
Page 4 of 5