Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Smart Lights updated

by dizzy2 Posted 20th Aug 2005 at 9:11 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2005 at 12:21 AM by dizzy2 : Updated for NL

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 4
Field Researcher
#76 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 4:11 PM
i totally agree with Thorned Rose
this is a great hack and the maxis autolight sux,but my sims are really bored to be in the dark 'cause the game think it's the middle of the day and the sun is shining, when it's totally dark :P

unfortunatly i'm a nerd with bcon & bavs
so i'm here again after one year form the first release

is it possible to expand the "is it night?" bavs range ?

the game turn on the light at 7pm and turn it off at the 4am
too late and too soon
at lease the light should be turned on at 5pm and turned off at 6am !!!

thnx
The ModFather
retired moderator
#77 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 9:36 PM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Sep 2006 at 1:18 AM.
I'm not sure to understand what you mean...

In my game, the night starts at 7PM and ends at 7AM; and the indoor lights (with or without Dizzy's hack) turn on at 7PM and turn off at 7AM. Obviously, using Dizzy's hack, the autolights are "selective", i.e. the light is turned on only if there is an awake sim in the room.

Outdoor lights timing is different (and it is not modified by Dizzy's hack): the garden lamps always turn on at 6PM and turn off at 2AM.

So, when does it happen that "the game think it's the middle of the day and the sun is shining, when it's totally dark"?

I happen to have such a problem only using GunMod's Radiance light system: it provides an "evening" from 6PM to 7PM and a "dawn" from 6AM to 7AM. My problem is that during the "evening" the autolight is still off, but the sunlight is already very low.

In any case, I agree with you as for the outdoor lights: I don't like to have a black pitch garden at 2AM, even if there are still sims around.

EDIT
Since Dizzy has put her mod in the Public Domain, I took the freedom to enhance it a little: the "night" has been extended to include the evening (so that the autolight now is active from 6PM to 7AM), and a special autolight is provided for the outdoor lamps, too.
Anyone interested may take a look at my Smarter Lights mod.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 7:45 PM Last edited by niol : 10th Sep 2006 at 7:52 PM.
As in TS1 lighting?

Although I normally have all the lights always on anyway (not seeing the bill any larger :P), it's cool to have these options...!

Thanks..
Test Subject
#79 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:50 PM
Great thank that working on PETS
Page 4 of 4