Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#826 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:44 AM
Kaylarox, type "testingcheatsenabled true" then "buydebug" and then in buymode you will have a new category marked with a questionmark. In that category you can find the dragoncave among many other neat stuff they felt the need to hide from us.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#827 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:50 AM
Oh btw do not forget to type "buydebug off" again before you go back to life mode since it also shows other hidden stuff like insect spawners and such that you don't want to see while playing. If you have them all shown and "buydebug off" does not work, type "buydebug" again first and then "buydebug off" (both in buy or build mode).

I sometimes forget to do that and yesterday I saw those spawners all over the city, the only way to get rid of them was to type the mentioned cheats in the edit town's overview. Weirdness like the CFE bugs that wouldn't happen if they just made them features instead of cheats...or maybe that is the reason they made them cheats to begin with; saves them time not having to fix those bugs.
Forum Resident
#828 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:04 AM
Oh thanks Fy but I alreay knew how to do that .... which remind me I better start spawning the butterflies lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Inventor
#829 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
It's this we are talking about right? http://a.imageshack.us/img706/600/birdpattern.jpg Unless I'm very blind. I hope it's not Been beating myself up not being able to use that sooooo many places in my houses. It just looks very non EA ish
Yes, that's the pattern I used for my r3 house. I guess it's from base game or first add-on.

@Greenlea: I love the interior - especially the bedroom - the colours are very nice. Green is one of my favourite colours. I like the way you give every room its own special look.

@sandymdh: Wow, a little castle. Great idea - I like the mix of ruined parts and nicely planted garden. Looks like "someone" is trying to restore the old castle. (I also like the pictures of Norfolk Gatehouses you posted earlier!)

Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Holy-simoly! I was taking pictures of my lot and the sims were burning up some hotdogs and the dogs caught on fire and the next thing you know, the SIMS were on FIRE! YIKES! Exit without saving!
I call that an "extended bbq session"...

@Gabrielorie: The livingroom looks very cozy. I love the colours of all the rooms and the landscaping looks much better than in your first post for this round! It's okay not to use so many plants but terrain paints make the lot look more real and less "bare".

@BGatot: This is such a lovely little cottage and a place I certainly would love to live in. The new chimney fits perfectly in - I'm glad you found such a good solution for the ugly red-ish ea chimney. Your house is definately something I'd love to download after the contest is over.

@Fyendiar: Oh, wow, your lot it amazing. Hensel and Gretel... what a nice idea to build a house "around" this story. Very clever. Great entry!

@Ciane: I love the interior and the colours used throughout the house. Well done.

@Gamineannie: Wow, I like your pictures - is that a lava-like terrain paint? Looks great.

@TheNubbyPeanut: I like the shape of your house and the colours you used for it - the landscaping is great. I love the outdoor grill area - would love to spend summer there and have lots of bbqs...

@all: This weekend I'll make myself a huuuuuuge cup of hot chocolate (or iced & cold chocolate - depending on the weather), take the laptop and have a look at all (!) entries for round 1-4 again. I already pushed the agree/love buttons every now and then but this weekend I'll make sure that I didn't forget to look at everyone's entries.
This contest is so much fun and I very much enjoy to have a look at all those lovely and creative houses - I wish there was a foundation contest every year at MTS. Wouldn't that be great to have a special foundation contest every year in summer?
Anyway, I got my house finished two days ago, did most of the landscaping yesterday, hope to get the rest of the landscaping finished today so that I can take a few pictures and upload them here asap.

Must go to work now....
Inventor
#830 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:36 AM
Your welcome Gamineannie .Alos thanks,if you were reffering to me .

Yogi-Tea thanks .I never really thought of decorating with terrain paints but i guessed it worked .I really hope the judges give me a higher score for landscaping,5 is ridiculious
Field Researcher
#831 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:49 AM
@Yogi-Tea - Thanks, determined to beat that 70 points mark lol so fingers crossed. The ruins on my lot are meant to be inaccessible so have been left whereas the rest has been restored.
Now we have all participated in this contest maybe some people could create their own contests? Would be great to do this more often...
Lab Assistant
#832 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandymdh

Now we have all participated in this contest maybe some people could create their own contests? Would be great to do this more often...

Agree 100%!! It is such a great fun, and an amazing learning experience!
Inventor
#833 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:21 PM
Hey guys,i have a random question...I'm looking for the wrecked boat from china in WA but i can't seem to find it,anyone knows where it's hiding ?I saw it in some houses but its not in buy mode...
Lab Assistant
#834 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:59 PM
I think it might be in buydebug. You know how to get it to show up, don't you? 'testingcheatsenabled true' then 'buydebug'. If not, maybe it is in the community lot category in build mode, you know, where you can find all the rabbitholes and community objects and stuff.
Inventor
#835 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:45 PM
Thanks for the comment Yogi-Tea but if you're talking about the pics i posted here as preview shots for my R4 entry I didn't use the green cause the house went in a whole other direction once I started over on it. lol

I do think next time I build a house I'll use that look for the bedroom though cause I liked it so much.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#836 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:26 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the nice comments; not just for my effort, but for all the entries. It is interesting to see what aspects people like. I really like the warm brick and wood qualities most for interior decorating because they make one feel comfortable and cozy there, but I also enjoy the cool modern and steel combinations with a very minimalistic look that are awe inspiring. I like to look at the variations in the actual shape of the homes most and the layout choices.
Inventor
#837 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Thanks for the comment Yogi-Tea but if you're talking about the pics i posted here as preview shots for my R4 entry I didn't use the green cause the house went in a whole other direction once I started over on it. lol
Whoa! I'm not only slow at building things - now I know I'm also slow at reading posts and looking at pictures..... doh! (love your house anyway )

Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I do think next time I build a house I'll use that look for the bedroom though cause I liked it so much.
Yeah, I loved it too.

@Gabrielorie: BGatot is right, there's an "Old Boat" in buydebug -> "misc. objects", however, in my game it's not marked as a WA objects it rather looks like it's an Ambitions object. Very strange....
PS: I'll keep my fingers crossed for your r4 entry that the score for landscaping will be higher than 5 (should be, imo).

@sandymdh: lol, yes, fingers crossed for the +70. I love that castle but I'm not a judge.

I could imagine to do a new foundation contest next year in summer - if there won't be another official MTS one AND if some others are willing to help judging (not only because it's too much work for one person alone but also because I'm ... very slow.. )

Also, I'm very forgetful - there's a good chance that I'll forget about all that until next year...

Please remind me then. :D
Inventor
#838 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:23 PM
@BGatot yeah,i use buydebug all the time for monarchs,fishes and seeds .But its not in the residentional area...Thats ok since the boat might not have really fit in with my theme .

@Yogi-Tea thanks a lot .I really hope i get a higher landscaping score .Btw love your round 3 entry,the landscaping and the dining room are insanely awesome .
Inventor
#839 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:44 PM
I finally found my ambitions disc but it is very scratched up .Anyway i got the game working and updated my haus,tell me what you think .
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...759#post3282759
Lab Assistant
#840 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
@Gabrielorie
I like what you did to the place, it has a nice soft tone to it and the same feel throughout the house. The fact that you added some curtains truly makes a big difference to the overall looks of the place.
I would however make one change though and that is in regards to the driveway or lack of it. The cars have a parking place nicely paved, but they have to ride through the sand to get there which doesn't make much sense. I would either make the parking place also covered in zand with perhaps a soft darker tone to imply it's been rode on often or add some pavement between the parking spot and the road.
Inventor
#841 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:56 PM
Thanks Fyendiar .I never really thought of that...
Forum Resident
#842 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:02 PM
Is anybody else having problems with their pond water? I tried to put a pond in yesterday, and the water was very milky and thick looking. Has anybody else had this problem? Will it change back to the clear water when I go into live mode?

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#843 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
Is anybody else having problems with their pond water? I tried to put a pond in yesterday, and the water was very milky and thick looking. Has anybody else had this problem? Will it change back to the clear water when I go into live mode?

This has been a problem for a couple of people. I know we talked about it in the #create room. I don't know if there is a solution to it or not though.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#844 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:19 PM
So, basically, if I want a pond, I'm gonna have to learn to like milky water? That sucks. Hrm, *goes to check google*

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#845 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 11:07 PM
I won't be able to do this round.. My best friend went missing for almost a week and they found her yesterday.. anyways, I'm going to see her and see how she is.. so I hope good luck to you all I wish I could have done all the rounds..

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#846 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:52 AM
@vampire aninyosaloh
Sounds nasty Vamp, I hope everything turns out for the better! Goodluck with your friend and know that more than just me will be sorry to see you drop out of this round.
This round sure feels cursed when I look at the amount of bad to terrible things that have been happening to many of us.

@everyone
In case anyone was interested you can now find Villa de la Morte, my entry for round 2 here to download.
Lab Assistant
#847 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 2:36 AM
I wonder if anyone else is already getting withdrawal symptoms for the contest? I hope another one gets set up soon because I feel like all my spare moments for the past 4 weeks have been thinking up ideas for the foundation... or building... or (most of all) tweaking the design and now suddenly its all over and I'm like...ermm...what to do now?
While I have this box open I'd like to thank HP and all the judges for arranging this contest, all the contestants for their hard work and cameraderie..and say that it really has been a huge learning experience for me. I've totally had to rethink my usual ideas about building houses and I've picked up SO many tips and ideas from the other entries. It wouldn't be too much of an exaggeration to say its been life-changing - well simlife changing anyway!
Test Subject
#848 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 2:47 AM
I second everything you said Mia. Thanks so much to HP and the judges.

I posted my entry, I'd love to have someone look at it, tell me what they think.
Fat City
Lab Assistant
#849 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 2:51 AM
It looks lovely, MissPsy. Reminds me of beach huts on the seafront ( very english thing- not sure where you are from so it might not mean anything to you!). I love the colour mix and the real open air and summery feel it has to it. Good luck!
Inventor
#850 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:05 AM
@Vampire_aninyosaloh thats really sad .I hope she's ok

LifesLover If you have ambitions,the water will be milk.Its EA's so called new foggy water effect .If you check my entry,you'll see that even with max graphics,its still milk

Page 34 of 39