Replies: 1002 (Who?), Viewed: 245787 times.
Page 41 of 41
Field Researcher
#1001 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 3:30 AM
In fiction novels I'm in the half of my revisit to Dune Saga by Frank Herbert, currently re-reading God Emperor of Dune, after I finish Chapterhouse: Dune my next revisit will be to Terramar saga by Ursula K. LeGuin, on other kind of books and other hours I'm re-reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends calls me in that way.
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#1002 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 6:30 PM
@jotaerre I am very ashamed as a Sci-fi fan that I've never managed to read the Dune books all of the way through, for some reason they bore me rigid! The film too. It's the sort of book I should love, I hold dear so many others of similar genre, and I love LeGuin, Bradbury, Heinlein, Pohl etc. Maybe I'll try again, I want so much to love it!

I'm reading Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy, and so far I'm enjoying them greatly. I always used to be reading several books at a time (one at work, one in the bath, one by the bed and so on) but in recent years I just read one, which goes everywhere with me thanks to my Kindle. Well, my whole library goes with me on that, but I  finish one before starting the next! My daughter who is a writer and artist thinks I am a heathen, she has my book collection and thinks Kindles are for losers. But I really love them, as I can make the print bigger, switch the attached light on at any time, and also it's not as heavy to hold Asimov's complete Foundation & Empire any more.
Mad Poster
#1003 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 10:19 PM
I want to re-read Dresden files, but can't find the first book (I'm almost sure I found the book and put it somewhere so I could start it, but forgot where I put it). I did find the nine or so next books, but not the first one. Oh well, I'll keep looking. In the meantime I guess I have plenty other books to read... I think I have two I'm somewhere in the middle/end of but haven't yet bothered finishing.

One is the Aeronaut's windlass by Jim Butcher - I wonder if he's ever going to write more books in that series(? so far it's just one book). It's not as engaging as the Dresden Files, but alright enough. Still have half of the book left, though.

The other is one of the Lorien series (can't remember the title, there's a ton of them). It's been one of my "backpack" books, but I took it out, left it next to my bed, and it's been untouched since. I don't read in bed a lot nowadays, mostly I read when I'm out traveling. I guess that's why, because it was quite fun to read.
Page 41 of 41