Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 4:25 PM
Default Wcif No Reaction to Spicy Food?
Much like the constant stream of coughing every meal (found a fix for that one over at the Asylum), I've just about had it with my sims blowing out hot air everytime they eat hot and sour soup or something similar like something out of Looney Tunes.

It there a mod similar to the coughing one that gets rid of this behavior?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:22 PM
Do you know how to tune the game, There is a thread on this topic, over at SimsAsylum says:

Quote:
"There's an effect value and time out length for it in the Buffs XML file. There's another XML file called BuffTooSpicy+BuffInstanceTooSpicy but you probably won't need to alter that. Also keep in mind that it'll conflict with other Buff mods since most of the Buffs are in that Buffs XML file."

Link to the thread (free signup to the forum is required to view it): http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...#comment-212389.

I can help with creating a tuning mod if you don't know how to proceed. Let me know!
Inventor
#3 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 12:38 PM Last edited by chokolady : 26th Jan 2021 at 2:12 AM.
I also used the hints from the link MissPat posted to make my own version. The buff xlm is frequently changed by mods I use, so I have a merged one that I made, otherwise I would share, but at this point mine had like 5 mods merged in the same xlm.
You can make one yourself, you need the xlm below:

And those are the two I edited, I highlighted that I used an age group that doesn't even eat spicy food to make it work:

You get the xlm or from editing a mod you have that already edits it, or you export one from the data files of your game using s3pe.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 3:07 PM
@chokolady you're a genius! Thank you so much for sharing your tips.
Inventor
#5 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 2:00 AM
Happy to help
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 5:39 PM
@chokolady Yes, thank you from me as well! Sorry I haven't been back to reply in this thread recently, busy week.

I'm pretty sure I have something that edits the Buffs xml. Regardless, I'll save that info for future reference.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.