Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 4:13 AM
Default Baby too hot
I was wondering, today I got a message in-game, telling me that my baby was too hot. I was just wondering what possible methods are there to cool a baby down??
Advertisement
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 5:49 AM
I think bathing them and then putting them back in the house for a while.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 12:13 AM
He was in the house and I did bathe him:wtf2:
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 12:28 AM
How does a baby get too hot? Except from being outside too long.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 4:17 AM
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 10:51 AM
I think this may be like the "obnoxious crybaby" glitch but I'm not too sure ... Wait 'till he's a toddler? :shrug:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 4:23 AM
He got taken by the social worker...
#8 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 4:47 AM
Make sure you have a roof on your house, I've had that problem before xD
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:31 PM
could the batheing have done it? since the adult sims get hot when they take a shower maybe babies also get hot as well from it? or the game is nice a buggy like usual lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:40 AM
hmmm trying feeding him that may cool him down a little I'm not sure >_<
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:19 AM
Yea I Agree with danish give the baby a bottle =p
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:33 AM
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 9:57 PM
So hows the kid doing Sizza is cooled down?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Morrowindnostalgia : 24th Nov 2021 at 11:55 PM.
OK I know this is a very old thread but since the question was never solved, I have found a solution:

Like OP, my baby was in desperate need of cooling off because the child services were about to arrive. Only problem? Toddlers cannot be cooled off by selecting "Get Drink" from the sink, and they do not cool off by swimming because they can't swim. Modded toddler swimming pools? Nope, don't help either.

But know what DOES help? RayNuss' Home Comfort System Add-ons: https://simfileshare.net/download/610940/

Direct the baby to the Airconditioning vent, select Cool Off and voila, they will be take care of. They'll even cool off autonomously. Note: they may trigger the "jump restart" bug and there may be an error if playing with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, I assume this is because there are no animations for babies cooling off. Just click reset. So far I haven't had any big issues.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morrowindnostalgia
OK I know this is a very old thread but since the question was never solved, I have found a solution:

Like OP, my baby was in desperate need of cooling off because the child services were about to arrive. Only problem? Toddlers cannot be cooled off by selecting "Get Drink" from the sink, and they do not cool off by swimming because they can't swim. Modded toddler swimming pools? Nope, don't help either.

But know what DOES help? RayNuss' Home Comfort System Add-ons: https://simfileshare.net/download/610940/

Direct the baby to the Airconditioning vent, select Cool Off and voila, they will be take care of. They'll even cool off autonomously. Note: they may trigger the "jump restart" bug and there may be an error if playing with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, I assume this is because there are no animations for babies cooling off. Just click reset. So far I haven't had any big issues.

All you need is the simblender >reset temperature. However first I would check that there is roof covering the baby or toddler and not roof missing or an attic room, both cause the room to not be 'outside'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 7:33 AM
I never knew that babies could overheat.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I never knew that babies could overheat.

babies and toddlers easily overheat. I had a terrible time with them when I was doing the Test of Time Challenge where of course I had twins. I took turns placing them in a tiny hut that was so small only one crib would fit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 11:34 PM
I've been known to use both a Mod that disables the social workers fully and also one that stablizes the sim's temperatures so they don't overheat.I'm playing a BACC and homesteaders don't have a house on their lot when they first arrive as they have to build their own house.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 7:07 AM
You know, my babies tend to be fine... until they grow up into children. Then when they sleep in their beds (which tend to be upstairs on the 2nd floor), they overheat. So I've had to download an air conditioning mod like that one. It's the weirdest thing. I try rebuilding my roof and nothing works! Thankfully so far, this house I've built myself hasn't had the overheating problem, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
You know, my babies tend to be fine... until they grow up into children. Then when they sleep in their beds (which tend to be upstairs on the 2nd floor), they overheat. So I've had to download an air conditioning mod like that one. It's the weirdest thing. I try rebuilding my roof and nothing works! Thankfully so far, this house I've built myself hasn't had the overheating problem, though.

If they are overheating it's probably because the room doesn't have proper walls but roof walls. Walls that form when the roof was drawn out. The best fix is to fix the build of the house if not keep using the simblender. You can of course use Ac's and heaters but temperatures can easily be reset without that expense.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 8:57 AM
@joeandsarah77: Good to know! I rather prefer more "natural" and immersive ways to lower temperature though But I will keep the simblender method in mind as an emergency solution, always helpful to have a reset button if things go south (which happens very quickly in sims 2 lol)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 9:24 AM
I'm wondering if I have a hack that deals with temperature, because I never seem to get extreme stuff. How do you cool babies down, though?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 7:08 AM
Does the water wiggler or the sprinkler cool sims down?
Page 1 of 2