Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:36 PM
Default sims and their angular faces
Goodmorning everyone!
Does anyone have any idea if there is a way through milkshape, blender or any other program / mod to be able to add some vertices to the default faces of the sims? they do not necessarily have to move with the cursors but this would allow to have sims a little softer as regards the lines, at least in profile !! Of course it is possible to do this with the graphics programs listed above but I don't know if it is possible to insert the mesh with the addition of vertices in the game! thanks to anyone who answers!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:23 PM
I don't think that would work since sims' faces in TS2 use morphs, which are reliant on vertices having the same vertex count and general placement. Adding (or removing) vertices is going to mess up this vertex outlay, which means the face morphing and face animations may not work, and/or would look different (and probably not any good).

The result ingame would basically be what happens if you add or remove vertices on the base mesh after adding a fat/pregnant morph to clothes. Usually you end up with a morph that "explodes" because it can't quite compute where the vertices were supposed to go.

I don't think there are ways to add vertices to the base faces - it's as far as I know only possible to edit the morphs through defaults/non-defaults, and those need to have the same vertex count and general outlay as the base faces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is a pity. I imagined it because after all these years if it had been possible probably someone would have already done it as it was done with the body
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fabryzio
Thanks for the reply. It is a pity. I imagined it because after all these years if it had been possible probably someone would have already done it as it was done with the body

You could try to reshape the template while keeping the same amount and general placement of vertexes. Not sure that'd be particularly useful for what you want, but might be worth an experiment or two.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fabryzio

Bodies mainly use skeletons for animations, and the body morphs only add a few details that don't have any complicated animations (compared to face animations). Body morphing (fat/pregnant morphs) has been possible to do pretty much since the start.

Both faces and bodies use morphs, but it's still two different solutions so you can't quite compare them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:14 PM
But what if I, for example, removed the ears from the face mesh? that said between us are horrendous! maybe I add them more realistic as an accessory (so the ears are static and do not move) and then add the same number of vertices eliminated for example in the nose and chin? would the problem still be due to the morphs?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 8:10 PM
Ears are still part of the face/morphs. You can make them tiny through sliders and/or a preset, and then add accessory ears instead, though.