Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
I can and will. I played Sims 2 for a great long while with no mods at all. No custom hair, no custom skin, nothing and I was fine with the way the models looked. The models for Sims 3 have something weird going on that makes them look not quite right, some people describe it as "pudgy". I don't know if it's inherent face fat or what, but I don't find the Sims 3 models as appealing.

i thought that too! but but i ALWAYS had trouble making noses before some of the game patches came out. after i had about three patches all my sims looked fine. i dont get it but i think the sims 3 sims look way more real. i dont like the fact that you cant download custom skil though.... that bugs me :\
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Branes
Having decent custom content for Sims 3 is highly unlikely since EA has stated outwardly that they refuse to release any tools to allow custom modders as most people here already know. There already are some nice replacement skins and hacks here, but I wouldn't expect TS3 to have anything like the flood of custom content TS2 had unless EA relents on their absolutely asinine, self-destructive, anti-bottom line, we're so big we think we can do anything and our lemming customers will buy it, attitude. EA should remember one name Sierra-on-line..at one time the one of the biggest computer game companies..king of the graphic adventure..Kings Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry...now a subsidiary of Blizzard/Activision...why? Two bad games...that's it...two. Low sales, bad rep..no cash. If they persist with this "no custom content" attitude, I foresee Blizzard/Activision/EA....
I wonder what that really big Sims paysite thinks about this "no custom content" idea..since their very existence depends on it.

wow, i never even heard of sierra-on-line. kings quest, space quest, leisure suit larry? who would play a game called leisure suit larry? thats probably why i dont know who they are! besides, theres plenty of sims 3 cc out there... it takes time to make cc creating software. theyre probably working on it theres already create a patten and creat a world. al you hafta do is create a new pattern and put it on a non cc outfit and its completely different. theres not much need for custom content, though custom skin and eyes would be very nice.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:48 PM
I think the last pic looks the most realistic. One thing I'd change about S3 is the ability to make unsymmetrical faces - one nostril or eye higher than the other... yanno. And height!! proper height - the shortest adult getting down to about the height of the average teen... yanno...

Yanno?

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
#54 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:33 AM
There were some really neat custom sims in the Sims 2, even some that had a lifelike appearance. BUT I could never get into the design because it was so...flat. All of the custom sims faces in Sims 2 seemed painted on, even with the large amount of detail CC would bring.

Even with the cartoonish graphics and the plastic look that many others in this thread have pointed out, I still like the way sims in Sims 3 look. The 3dimensional aspects of the faces and body combined with the vast amount custom content that is available and still growing really strikes a favorable chord with me. I like the style a lot. By next year, I bet the CC community will have grown twice as much and offer almost the same values S2 has now.
Test Subject
#55 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 3:26 AM
I could care any less about the future of Sims graphics, as long as its not too taxing on even decent graphic cards. There's a number of gamers here who are playing this with onboard graphics. While I should have little pitiful feelings for that, its undeniable that there's a lot of casual players who only plays Sims but don't want to bother getting a really fancy computer to run it.

Aside from that; the CAS render is a little deceiving since it doesn't truly represent the in-game render. They need to fix that up for their next game.

They should just totally throw in a 3D modeller in the Sims; or import the technology behind the creation tools found in Spore (of course refitted for humane-design purposes).
Scholar
#56 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amphetamine
don't know why EA should complain about or make it more difficult to make cc, if we're not selling it (with paysites it's a whole other story).
and sims in TS3 have a lot of potential to become really beautiful with some cc, and the game really amazing with more object meshes and such things.

my two cents.

I agree that player created mods are often better (probably because as players they're more in tune with what players want in the game) and also their creations really do enhance the game. I love modders -- they make good things and improve the game so much.

The reason for EA not wanting CC would be that would make them the sole source of additional game objects, etc and so they would sell more of their store content.

While there are and have been people who could figure out work a around to create cc and place it in the game, at some point EA could make it too much of a drag to make people even want to bother trying. (Of course there would always be the occasional mad scientist simmer that would continue on).

EA is so worried about selling content--I wish they would worry more about routing, lighting and animation.

I have to say TS1 had the fugliest Sims - however it was so easy to create a new face for them that they were easily made cute. Anyone could do it. I liked those little TS1 Sims because they were cartoons and very cute running around.

TS3 sims look okay to me -- I think they look cartoony as well but in a different way. I don't need them to look real -- I just need them not to be super fugly.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Page 3 of 3