Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:28 AM
Default Reviving Dead/Deceased Sims using cheats?
Is it currently possible? I've been playing the past few weeks building up a house from basically nothing with a wife and everything and making cash to prepare for the child...
My Sim died due to a cowplant (I was unaware of the dangers) and I thought there wouldn't be a problem and it would be fun to build up to getting the writer aspiration to revive the sim, but I can't unless I wrote a saga beforehand and I have no backup...

So any cheats, modifications, or glitches I can use to get him back? All the previous sims games had ways of bringing back the dead through cheats so has anyone looked into this possibility?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 10:40 AM
i'd assume that you could do the testingcheats true code then shift click on the urn. I'm pretty sure the urn is the same as the tombstone from previous games. if that doesn't work try shift clicking on the mailbox. there may be an option to restore family members there. If your sim lives alone tho and has no other fam, im not sure if its possible at all. If there is no option to revive the sim in that menu then you may have to just pull a copy of that sim from your library files and merge households. That way you'd have your sim back but i doubt he would retain any of his skills or progress. Just remeber in the future to always "Save as" not just "save" that way you can jump to a previous save if something goes wrong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nautica187
i'd assume that you could do the testingcheats true code then shift click on the urn. I'm pretty sure the urn is the same as the tombstone from previous games. if that doesn't work try shift clicking on the mailbox. there may be an option to restore family members there. If your sim lives alone tho and has no other fam, im not sure if its possible at all. If there is no option to revive the sim in that menu then you may have to just pull a copy of that sim from your library files and merge households. That way you'd have your sim back but i doubt he would retain any of his skills or progress. Just remeber in the future to always "Save as" not just "save" that way you can jump to a previous save if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried the shift click on the urn and the mailbox but nothing useful. I guess I'll have to restore him from my library.
Although before that I'll wait a while and see if we get any responses to this thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:59 PM
Has anyone had any luck with this?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:24 AM
Bring your sim back from the gallery and use cheats to set his skills back to where they were.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
Bring your sim back from the gallery and use cheats to set his skills back to where they were.

The problem is relationships, and I don't remember what all his skills are.