Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 19th May 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
That error message is for the game packages, not your mod packages. Please try again, and remember you have to close and restart SimRipper if you make changes to the paths. If it's still not working, please post screenshots of your game installation files showing the full path, your mods folder showing the full path, and your settings again showing the full paths.

Ah ok! Well in that case I fixed it. The game path was set to my game's bin folder for some reason so I manually set it myself and now it opens without any errors. Thank you so much for the quick reply I'll keep you posted lol

~Kosmo can't live without the Khaos~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 30th May 2021 at 6:36 PM Last edited by AmuHav : 30th May 2021 at 7:37 PM.
I have noticed one oddity; the ripper rips 3D eyelashes, but I can't *save* a sim with them, in any format. It comes up with an error "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." I wouldn't mind, as I don't really need the eyelashes for what I'm ripping them for, but it is a little annoying when I forget and have to go back into the game and resave the sim without them
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#178 Old 30th May 2021 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmuHav
I have noticed one oddity; the ripper rips 3D eyelashes, but I can't *save* a sim with them, in any format. It comes up with an error "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." I wouldn't mind, as I don't really need the eyelashes for what I'm ripping them for, but it is a little annoying when I forget and have to go back into the game and resave the sim without them ????

Please upload the eyelashes package so I can test.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#179 Old 30th May 2021 at 7:15 PM Last edited by AmuHav : 11th Jun 2021 at 9:43 AM.
Please upload the eyelashes package so I can test.

Here are two

EDIT: god I'm so bloody dumb, sorry! Those two were a texture fix, not the actual mesh. Here is the actual lashes .
Test Subject
#180 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 2:49 PM
Is there a chance for this amazing tool to be made compatible with The Sims Medieval meshes too?

Medieval uses the same engine as TS3, but just changing the location don't work. Program won't crash, but loads empty model and throws errors that it cannot read VPXY from SASFullBuild2.package and cannot find the Rig.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#181 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SeriousNorbo
Is there a chance for this amazing tool to be made compatible with The Sims Medieval meshes too?

Medieval uses the same engine as TS3, but just changing the location don't work. Program won't crash, but loads empty model and throws errors that it cannot read VPXY from SASFullBuild2.package and cannot find the Rig.

I believe Medieval has different versions of some resources. I'm about to start working on this tool again, so I'll look into it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#182 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 7:42 PM
I believe Medieval has different versions of some resources. I'm about to start working on this tool again, so I'll look into it.

Awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#183 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 2:22 AM
I was just wondering, will source code for this tool be released at some point?

Asking because I noticed that source of TS4 version of the ripper is released to the public.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#184 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 12:33 PM
I was just wondering, will source code for this tool be released at some point?

Asking because I noticed that source of TS4 version of the ripper is released to the public.

When I eventually make this an official upload I'll upload the source. If you want to see it now just ask.

Test Subject
#185 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:52 AM
Hello! First off, please let me preface everything by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this tool! I spent so long trying to figure out how to do this, and here, you have put in so much work, effort, and care into creating a tool that will allow us to export our Sims the way we want.

I do have a couple of questions however, and I apologize if they have already been asked (it is my first time actually posting a question on this site, so I'm still learning how everything works). By my understanding, Sims3Packs and their respective packages are still unable to be read, correct? (I have a sim that uses some CC, so it makes sense to me if some items are not appearing for this reason.)

However, it seems that even base game textures don't seem to be uploading quite properly? I have a base sim with base clothing, but the rendering is off. The shape of the clothes still comes up, but the texturing is not correct, or just missing entirely. I wonder if it has to do with using the Create A Style options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure I am using the program correctly! Thank you!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#186 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vensey
Hello! First off, please let me preface everything by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this tool! I spent so long trying to figure out how to do this, and here, you have put in so much work, effort, and care into creating a tool that will allow us to export our Sims the way we want.

I do have a couple of questions however, and I apologize if they have already been asked (it is my first time actually posting a question on this site, so I'm still learning how everything works). By my understanding, Sims3Packs and their respective packages are still unable to be read, correct? (I have a sim that uses some CC, so it makes sense to me if some items are not appearing for this reason.)

However, it seems that even base game textures don't seem to be uploading quite properly? I have a base sim with base clothing, but the rendering is off. The shape of the clothes still comes up, but the texturing is not correct, or just missing entirely. I wonder if it has to do with using the Create A Style options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure I am using the program correctly! Thank you!

Thanks!

From that pic my guess is that there's a texture that's not being resized correctly. If you're using 0.4.0, please try the test version I uploaded in comments a while ago - 0.4.2. I've attached it here too so you don't have to search. If the same problem is happening, please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info which you can save with the new 'Save Sim Troubleshooting Info' button.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS3SimRipper_0_4_2_0.zip (1.49 MB, 50 downloads)

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#187 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 6:21 PM
Version 0.5.0 is available, with preliminary support for The Sims Medieval. MTS isn't letting me upload it here so use this download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tN...iew?usp=sharing

Test Subject
#188 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:01 PM
First of all, super thanks for updating this amazing tool!

I've tested it for a while, mainly on adult male and female sims without cc and so far everything works great! The only minor glitches I've encountered were that ripper seems to shows sims with wrong clothing as first outfit, while the proper appearence is set as either 4th or 5th outfit. Also some parts appear invisible in the ripper view, but appear just fine once you rip the model (for example, the crown of the woman in the attached screenshots).

rigging works perfectly fine, and even without bone morphs the character looks identical! I attached a close-up of sim's face.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#189 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:20 PM
First of all, super thanks for updating this amazing tool!

I've tested it for a while, mainly on adult male and female sims without cc and so far everything works great! The only minor glitches I've encountered were that ripper seems to shows sims with wrong clothing as first outfit, while the proper appearence is set as either 4th or 5th outfit. Also some parts appear invisible in the ripper view, but appear just fine once you rip the model (for example, the crown of the woman in the attached screenshots).

rigging works perfectly fine, and even without bone morphs the character looks identical! I attached a close-up of sim's face.

Thanks! They actually look a lot better than I thought from my very brief testing. I'll have to figure out what's up with the invisible parts, but I'm happy most of the patterns came out okay and the skin colors are closer than I thought.

I don't think TS3/TSM sim exports - the resource I use along with the sim outfits - specify the current outfit but I'll take another look when I get home in a few days.

Test Subject
#190 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 6:25 AM
Default Wow, it works! :D xxx
No problem! I can't improve my tools without people reporting stuff and asking questions.

The problem is that Steam uses different registry entries for its installs than the disk or Origin versions. I've looked it up and put in some code to detect Steam installations as well. This may need some tweaking for mixed installations but I need to know if it works at all. There's also a new button to manually add a game path if it doesn't work.

I've attached a new testing version for you to try before I upload an official new version. Please let me know if the automatic detection works.

The latest version for Steam should be 1.67. I think Steam does update automatically, but you should check that you're at 1.67.

Please forgive that it took me so long to get back to you. I am unlike you in that I am not an unstoppable force of nature and computer software legend! I fired up this mystical 0.4.2 of yours and I am amazed, it worked! At least on my test Fox Mulder..Dana Scully did not show up which is a little disconcerting. The new button worked a treat, instead of throwing up the error it restarted and ran through like a charm. I mistakenly clicked on a blank space and threw up an exception but when I clicked on Fox Mulder..*see attached screeny..VOILA! I get a 3D rotating image in A pose minus hair..a HUGE step forward! Thank you so much CmarNYC!

Sadly the auto detection didn't work but the manual input button did!

Though they say that there is no cure on earth for the poisoned tongue of the sycophant I hope you take my praise as more than simple blandishments..you have made possible here so many things that were just beyond reach before -mainly for Doctor Who fans to be sure in terms of my own investigative interest- but a fan is a fan and they are reason I'm here! This move will assist me in keeping dreams alive and smiles on faces, I should be most glad to appraise you of all I can achieve as a direct result of your amazing work. You humble me by being better than me, but you are something worthy to aspire to and that really is quite something to be! We love you CmarNYC, you are the wellspring from which we flow!

PS - I had to type this because I was so excited (Yays!) but I will do further testing xxx M
Screenshots
Test Subject
#191 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 4:20 AM
Hi! I wanted to first thank you so much for this! I also wanted to see if there were any possibilities of the ripper working with pets eventually?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#192 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tycharskiddy
Hi! I wanted to first thank you so much for this! I also wanted to see if there were any possibilities of the ripper working with pets eventually?

Yes, I'll get the animal texturing working as I add more types of patterns.

Test Subject
#193 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 7:02 PM
Hi!
Huge thank you for this wonderful tool, I lost hope to find smth like this by the time I found this topic).
But I met a problem. Once I ripped my sim from game and saved it in dae I could not do it anymore. I changed hair, cause previos was white, and I put lashes away. Finally I only left cc-hair and cc-skintone, because I was able to rip them. All the rest is from base game and addons. And now ripper takes all the memory and still doesn't even show me my sim. I do not say about possibility to save it in dae. Could you please help me? I hope it very much.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#194 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fialynn
Hi!
Huge thank you for this wonderful tool, I lost hope to find smth like this by the time I found this topic).
But I met a problem. Once I ripped my sim from game and saved it in dae I could not do it anymore. I changed hair, cause previos was white, and I put lashes away. Finally I only left cc-hair and cc-skintone, because I was able to rip them. All the rest is from base game and addons. And now ripper takes all the memory and still doesn't even show me my sim. I do not say about possibility to save it in dae. Could you please help me? I hope it very much.

Are you saying it worked once and not again? Did you restart SimRipper, and try restarting your PC?

SimRipper takes a lot of memory and I can't do much about that. Try restarting it every time.

Test Subject
#195 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 8:55 PM
Are you saying it worked once and not again? Did you restart SimRipper, and try restarting your PC?

Yes, I tried everything. First I closed all the programs, then got nothing again and restarted PC. Should I clean cash or something like that?
I got my cc merged into several 200 Mb package-files. I thought this could be a problem, so I took only single cc I need and ran Sims with them bringing all the rest cc away. I saved my sim again and still got nothing while large files are away and single files stay in Mods folder.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#196 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fialynn
Yes, I tried everything. First I closed all the programs, then got nothing again and restarted PC. Should I clean cash or something like that?
I got my cc merged into several 200 Mb package-files. I thought this could be a problem, so I took only single cc I need and ran Sims with them bringing all the rest cc away. I saved my sim again and still got nothing while large files are away and single files stay in Mods folder.

The program keeps packages in memory so very large CC packages could be a problem. Try completely removing ALL your CC and starting a new game. Try making the SimRipper folder an exception in your antivirus. Make sure other programs are closed when you run SimRipper.

Test Subject
#197 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 2:55 AM
Default Hey Hey!
Hey

so i gotta start of by saying, you are a god for making a sims 3 ripper. it saved me so much honestly.

Now I downloaded sims I made when I was like 12 and updated them slightly and I wanna make a render with them. However since I have some sims 3 store stuff they come into the ripper missing things? (other than that I only have two mods? i legit just installed the game yesterday.)

I have provided the screenshots of what my sim should look like and what the ripper thinks. If you could explain to me why she decided she didn't need her chest anymore i'd be very grateful

Does store content just not work on the ripper yet?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this, have a lovely day
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#198 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missultimate
Hey

so i gotta start of by saying, you are a god for making a sims 3 ripper. it saved me so much honestly.

Now I downloaded sims I made when I was like 12 and updated them slightly and I wanna make a render with them. However since I have some sims 3 store stuff they come into the ripper missing things? (other than that I only have two mods? i legit just installed the game yesterday.)

I have provided the screenshots of what my sim should look like and what the ripper thinks. If you could explain to me why she decided she didn't need her chest anymore i'd be very grateful

Does store content just not work on the ripper yet?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this, have a lovely day

I'll probably add Sims3Pack support, but SimRipper can't read store stuff if it's encrypted. You could decrapify it but that can cause problems. SimRipper is probably never going to support store items.

Test Subject
#199 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 2:00 PM
I'll probably add Sims3Pack support, but SimRipper can't read store stuff if it's encrypted. You could decrapify it but that can cause problems. SimRipper is probably never going to support store items.

Ahh ok cool! thanks for answering <3
Test Subject
#200 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 9:53 PM
Are you currently looking for feedback? Because my feedback is--holy shit--this is phenomenal! Native Milkshape support & exporting as .ms3d? With all included bone assignments??! You are so damn impressive Cmar

Are the issues specific to body morphs, or does it go beyond that? If I decrapify & convert to .packages, could I just fix the morphs MeshToolkit/MorphMaker? You know, using your other ridiculously impressive programs?

probably busy starting another project instead of finishing my last one
Page 8 of 12