Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antique Bakery Set - Decorative foods and more

by mdhttr323 Posted 5th Jun 2006 at 8:40 PM - Updated 16th May 2011 at 10:36 PM by mdhttr323

468 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 438 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 19
Test Subject
#76 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 2:26 AM
It's absolutely amazing !!!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 2:34 AM
I have never seen a more incredible set. I am in awe and can barely believe the detail that you put into this. I am so excited about getting it into my game. I think that in the food area there are so many interesting directions to go and the fact that they are statues...perfect. No rotting food! LOL

Great Job, for the set and for your ability to share. Thank you so much!
Karr
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 2:49 AM
What a buttload of hard work you've put into this! Thank you so very much for sharing!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 2:49 AM
More than spetacular, more than amazing, more than any adjetive I know in any language! It's simply... something I can't define!!!!!! Lots of congrats!!!!!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Test Subject
#80 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:19 AM
Thank you. I looked everywhere to find bakery stuff. You truely are great!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:23 AM
I voted and thanked and dl the file but I don't know about installing all the stuff, this set is awesome, and the decorations will be great. I just think it would be out of this world if the stuff was eatible and sellable. Awesome work.
Test Subject
#82 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:25 AM
OMG, This is an absolutely beautiful set! I can't believe this was your first try at meshing and it only took you a week -- WOW!! Thank you sooooo much. Your talent and hard work is very much appreciated by me and my Sims.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:29 AM
WOW, this is simply AMAZING!
Thank you so much for sharing. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:34 AM
This set is spectacular!!!! Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us! I can hardly wait to use it in game. It's so REAL looking!! Again, Thank you so much for sharing

~Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become~
~author unknown~
Test Subject
#85 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:39 AM
This is awesome!!!!
I always wondered why Maxis didn't put donuts in the foods for the bakery. I guess they don't like cops. LOL
Beautiful work. I tip my policeman's hat to you.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:40 AM
OMG this is so amazingly beautiful. Absolutely stunning. I could give you only 5 stars, but it deserved so many more.
Thank you for this wonderful gift :lovestruc

Lin
Test Subject
#87 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:46 AM
thank you for the bakery set it is simply excellent.everything looks so real and yummy thanks again tina
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:58 AM
Wow. I can't wait to get this in my game. Thanks so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
#89 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:58 AM
This is the best bakery so far. You are the BOMB
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:07 AM Last edited by nana62618 : 6th Jun 2006 at 4:11 AM. Reason: words missing
poster
If I understand right , your chill cases are fully functioning cases and will keep the Maxis food from spoiling?
Will the Simmies try to buy your food, or will they just see it as a deco objects?
I LOVE your set, just want to make sure what will happen when the whinning , foot stomping customers will do when they come into the beautiful realistic bakery!
Test Subject
#91 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:15 AM
This is adorable! I am planning on downloading this.

I have to agree- OFB default bakeries are kinda cold... This one is very warm and friendly. I can almost smell the fresh bread!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:24 AM
I've already got a whole bakery all set up with this fantastic set!!

One quick question: when a sim buys an item, the restock sign shows up, but when you actually restock, the item disappears, and you have to rebuy it. Wondering if you're aware of that, and if anyone else has had this happen?

(Love it all though, really do!)
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:38 AM
I never rate anything a 5, but this.. I did!! Outstanding!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 4:49 AM
This is just wonderful. Thank you for your hard work.
It is just beautiful.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:03 AM
That's just phenomenal! Thanks for sharing it.

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:15 AM
*eyes pop out of skull*

you see what you did! now I have to go and find my eyes!! lol

Really though, thanks soo much..this is beyond gorgeous!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#97 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:16 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 6th Jun 2006 at 8:08 AM.
I didn't think about it at first (until I actually began placing them in my bakery, and with the mention of the disappearance above) but if these go onto shelves using moveobjects on, when they are set for sale and bought, and then one switches from live to buy/build mode, the restock sign will disappear and reappear across the lot on the other side of the road near the vehicle exit portal. There's a way to fix that here.

Edit: Okay, so, that doesn't actually work... I batch fixed all my downloads and these (and other decorative objects) aren't placeable in the coolers - which I guess makes sense since they're not technically food. However, does have this hack that may fix the misplaced restock signs when placing objects with moveobjects on that may help anyone experiencing that problem.

I'm gonna cry if I have to wait through another 20 minute load time only to find that doesn't work either. I love these so much, I really want to be able to use them properly.

Second Edit: Well, I got Numenor's hack that's supposed to fix the misplaced signs, moveobjects'd these into place, marked for sale, sold one of your bakery items, switched to buy mode and back into live mode, and... misplaced sign. I'm going to keep trying to figure a way to make it work, even if I just have to stick these on the Illuminations shelves or something, as I MUST have these beautiful items in my bakery, but it appears placing them in the coolers, at least with the methods I've tried, is not gonna work correctly right now.

Third Edit: The restock sign issue appears to be related directly to placing non-food objects into the cooler... I tried with another decorative custom object, the doughnuts from this set, and a Maxis decorative item. Moveobjects'd them into the cooler (with Numenor's hack I linked in my second edit) and all had the misplaced sign problem - placing the same objects on a variety of other surfaces with or without moveobjects on did not result in the same problem - the signs stayed where they were supposed to.

I reported my findings on Numenor's thread for the hack... at this point to me it looks like it comes down to that darn cooler. Perhaps a hacked version of the cooler could be created that does not require moveobjects to place other objects inside, or the hack updated to also work for the coolers, or... something. In the mean time, I'm going to just use these on shelves and tables and hope there's another option to fix the issue soon.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#98 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:22 AM
WOW~~They are beautiful!Thank you very much!!XD
Instructor
#99 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:23 AM
Gorgeous! I have a TON of bakery related stuff from other sites already, but yours are so fantastic and tasty looking that I will stuff them into my already overflowing downloads folder as well.

I will definetly keep my eye out for your creations in the future.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Test Subject
#100 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 5:27 AM
Outstanding job! I love it!

Want playable, hack free sim homes? Come check out my site!
Page 4 of 19