Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#2026 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:07 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 16th Sep 2021 at 2:22 AM.
I ran into an example of a small water trap in my newest house, the Spanish style of my previous posts uptopic.
The first picture below shows a small water trap, where the roof pitch would direct rainwater against the wall of the house. In Sims 2, examples such as this are no big deal, since they often cannot be fixed. In real life, an area such as this might have the corner of the roof pitch slightly away from the house, or just have added flashing against the wall to prevent leaks, or both. Nevertheless, in real life this is a good example of a "problem area" that would need to be kept an eye on.
The second picture shows that I was able to add a small section of Lean-To roofing in that area, and the third and fourth pictures show the end result once the Lean-To roof angle was reduced to 15 degrees to match the rest of the roof. There are no roof sections visible inside the house.
Come to think of it, making the angle of the little Lean-To piece a bit steeper, say about 18 degrees, might look even better
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2027 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 12:08 PM
Oh. Thank you for your suggestions, Scaryrob. I will use it for sure for my real life house. That will be great improvement for house I would build for my family.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2028 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 11:41 AM
My second neighborhood is getting "leftover" lots after cleanup. There might be a plenty I will share but not all. Scaryrob came with really useful suggestions to improve it, there is 99% I will use it for other houses. But some houses don't worth to fix it. I'll just post its pictures here and then demolish it. Why am l doing this? Well... The Sims 2 is very old game you know. It is 15 years! There are so much of lots even better then those. Also Lots is the MOST filled Downloads section! Seriously, why should I build something that's already done? And why should I fix something that needs too much effort. I prefer to demolish houses that needs too many fixes. The real estate market is overflowed :D! I can even behave whimsical. So I start fresh rather then scratching my head in search of the right roof slope angle or make any efforts to fix existed. I do it without any regrets.
I posted two in previous post that already demolished and one in downloads that was looking good. And all they were smashed already in my game hehe I need to think about post more of lots before demolish.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#2029 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 2:17 PM
So I started this massive Georgian Colonial revival estate yesterday! Wanted to have a grand Foyer with Dual Grand staircases! Reminiscent of The Gilded Age!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2030 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 2:45 PM
I did one like that once...

It's one of the ones I am NOT going to redo (in my recent quest to redo all my old lots ) ...it just needs too much work - just about everything is CC. *sigh*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2031 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I did one like that once...

It's one of the ones I am NOT going to redo (in my recent quest to redo all my old lots ) ...it just needs too much work - just about everything is CC. *sigh*

Love it! Guessing you based this off an actual floor plan you found

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2032 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 20th Sep 2021 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Sorry for mispells XD
I just finished to play test version of Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle.
The guitar can not be putted in into inventory, sims always put it at random place even when at home and that cause route traps. My sim putted something in a way if mailman that he did not reach mailbox and I missed the letter. Burnt food can not be taken from burnt stove. Plates were always taken to a sink even I had a machine for utilising it. Also electricty is always counted in a weird way, it is always too much or not enough. And many many other glitches in Sims 4 were found just during 4 or 5 hours of gameplay.

Those groundbreaking feature of sims walking slower when wanna pee (instead of rushing to toilet as in all other parts) was really gorgeous. My sims peed themeselves almost everywhere after jogging around. I was laught a lot.

All Sims 4 reminded me even not Sims 2 but Sims 1. Do you remember those times where your sims eat whan already has full hunger bar?? Ha! In Sims 4 this "feature" turned back!!
Actually I was very impressed by this Sims 4 because it reminded me Sims 1 that I loved so much!!! I suggest you to play those dummies at least once. That's fun!
Sorry for mispells XD

Mad Poster
#2033 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Love it! Guessing you based this off an actual floor plan you found

No... that one was just outta my head (Back in 2011: GeorgianManor)

@Vic - I'm glad you had fun playing... I've been lost in DragonAge lately. I haven't built anything in so long, I think I forgot how! LOL!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2034 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 7:23 PM
@CatherineTCJD it reminds me of this house plan
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...use-plan-81091w

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2035 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 4:07 PM
I have an idea of haunted house for Halloween. There must be somethin. If I'll finish it in time.

Forum Resident
#2036 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I have an idea of haunted house for Halloween. There must be somethin. If I'll finish it in time.

That reminds me i should finish my own i did

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2037 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 1:36 AM
I did THIS one a while ago...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2038 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 7:16 PM
I wanna create another house. Not residential. There is idea that can be realised only in Sims 3. I wanna create a supernatural hangout Haunted house. There is 1 month till that holiday, I will prepare it carefully and test with path routing even without post it in CFF. This is my plan.

Theorist
#2039 Old 30th Sep 2021 at 10:33 PM
This is my plan.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."
-Mike Tyson

Theorist
#2040 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 9:33 AM
There is a year ago when I shared pet playgrounds for Riverview And there is interesting statistics that I think is kinda worthy.

Players downloaded 1x1 sized cat jungles and 1x1 sized dog playgrounds, that looks like idea of having a backyard to currently playing household was accepted.

Next to it by number of downloads are recreations of Maxis existing Azalea Garden and Dogwood Park.

Long Dog Tail and Short Cat Tail are most dowloaded from the whole variety of Tail parks. Guess that means most prefered to have centered lane to be dog's meadow with monument. And short park between hangout and theater to be cat jungle with trees. I have a little bit different locations for it in my Riverview. But that would be beautiful too.

And the most downloadable of all files are two lots for horses. It is great. I put the most of effort to it and even updated the Vaulting School.

In conclusion I think to create series for another neighborhood. Because this is sucess. Let's put it in 100th line of my to do list.

Mad Poster
#2041 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 2:32 PM
Those are really cute parks! I love the 'cat face' entrance and the 'dog paw' design.
If I played TS3, I would DL them!

...just a word of caution (that I know from personal experience) - Don't bother chasing "fame".
Enjoy the fact that other people have found your lots pleasing, and DLed them for their own games... but don't try to build something fantastic just to get the DLs/pick/feature here on MTS. That will only leave you frustrated. Build what you like/need - and have fun with the building process. .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2042 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 3:54 PM
Which narrow lot plan do you like better ?
French Chateau
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...UFBQUFBR0ZZYi1v
or
Mditerranean:
https://www.architecturaldesigns.co...mansion-36201tx

for my next Gilded Age series project

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2043 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 10:40 PM
Which narrow lot plan do you like better ?

Mediterranean.
Theorist
#2044 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 11:11 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 2nd Oct 2021 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Answer for tudorman
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
...just a word of caution (that I know from personal experience) - Don't bother chasing "fame"

I know how to get famous actually. I am on my way now X) I keep faith that I will have one more picked creation. I know such goals could lead to disappointment. But you need to think of both sides when you toss a coin.
Which narrow lot plan do you like?

I vote for French because of neat symmetrical main facade. Other facades are disgastang!!

Theorist
#2045 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 1:10 PM
@CatherineTCJD why are you reuploading most of your previous houses with less CC?

Forum Resident
#2046 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:36 PM
I would love to able to create our own size lots! Like a 30X50 size lot would be perfect when i build these townhouses! 25 square wide is little too narrow

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#2047 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 9:36 PM
@CatherineTCJD why are you reuploading most of your previous houses with less CC?

'Cuz who wants all that ...and because I'm slowly moving everything of mine to SFS via my blog: Sims 2 Virtual Realty.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2048 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 10th Oct 2021 at 11:59 AM. Reason: mispell
Oh that's great idea! I had trusted to sites with inserted file share before. Like Prosims that abandoned and GSC2 but that is down. I got new PC and old was burnt out. And I don't have access to content from it any more

UPD: wait! I found it! OMG I always thought it was gone!

Theorist
#2049 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 2:22 PM
I just shared a tomb I wanted to create something festible ^_^ Happy upcoming Halloween!

Theorist
#2050 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 5:14 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:04 PM.
My latest is in response to a building challenge at the Garden of Shadows website. The challenge basically calls for a large house (mansion), with various requirements, for a pair of vampires:

The building challenge is linked on the front page of the site.
Screenshots

Page 82 of 98