Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#16476 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:20 AM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 16th Jun 2014 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
I'm still annoyed that Sunset Valley had 92 lots, while Willow Creek is only going to have 20 - 25. How are there only going to be like 8-10 families and 8-10 community lots? And I'm really afraid this new closed world is going to feel chopped-up and claustrophobic.

I'm scared for TS4...so much so, in fact, that I almost want to drop my Sims blog. I've recently reached 11,000 followers, yet all of my drive is gone, because we keep getting bad news about TS4. Community morale is so low, it's almost impossible to be excited for the game. It's honestly pretty depressing

Must admit that is how I am feeling at the moment maybe on seeing in game play it won’t be as bad as it sounds on paper. At this point in time with the limited information received it feels like it will be best to stay at home or in open spaces to avoid loading screens Also with the vastly reduce lots there must be less community lots to visit in the this first world Willow Creek with so few lots maybe call it Shit Creek.

I will wait to I see actual in game footage, so if I have to wait until the game is released and watch on You Tube before committing to TS4 so be it, we seem to be losing a lot of features from previous version of the game so I hope the AI and interactions is mind blowing to make up for this.
Advertisement
Theorist
#16477 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
it is confirmed that you can go from one world to another (when we get another one or another one is announced). Possibly by tram, but maybe by boat.. or just regular old car.

Come on, now. You can only change neighborhoods by going from your lot to another lot in a new neighborhood, and we have no reason to believe that the mechanism will be different when visiting the neighborhoods of other worlds. Which means they will most likely teleport after a loading screen.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#16478 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:02 AM
Now we can travel to different worlds.

So, one way to increase the number of lots is to allow to create custom worlds. They would be created more easily and quickly now, because they are smaller.

I hope EA lets create custom worlds. So we can fix this.
Mad Poster
#16479 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:05 AM
I'm going to hijack the thread for a moment. I just checked in on my Mii in Tomodachi Life and found her brushing her little toddler baby's teeth. She's been doing all sorts super cute things with her baby thus far, but this caused me to melt into one giant puddle of goo. I really want the Sims 4 to top that. Do you hear me?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Theorist
#16480 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I'm going to hijack the thread for a moment. I just checked in on my Mii in Tomodachi Life and found her brushing her little toddler baby's teeth. She's been doing all sorts super cute things with her baby thus far, but this caused me to melt into one giant puddle of goo. I really want the Sims 4 to top that. Do you hear me?

There are babies in tomodachi life? o_o I didn't know this.
Lab Assistant
#16481 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well it's not the actual quantity of lots that worries me it's the density, or appearance of density. Having 5 little villages in each of 100 worlds still gives me rural living, not a town.

it's willow creek and its layout appearing sparse.
But new worlds we will create (hope) or they will give to us (reality) could be more "compact".
Why not?
Mad Poster
#16482 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
There are babies in tomodachi life? o_o I didn't know this.

Yep. The babies are the cutest part, except for when they cry. Then you have to use your skills to calm them down. (Although, I just popped the baby in the mouth several times just now, and that worked real quick.)

Field Researcher
#16483 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Yep. The babies are the cutest part, except for when they cry. Then you have to use your skills to calm them down. (Although, I just popped the baby in the mouth several times just now, and that worked real quick.)

I had the hardest time figuring out how I was supposed to rock the baby. I either got no reaction or got a "stop rocking the baby so fast" It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to do it. I've only had that minigame once though.
Mad Poster
#16484 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
I had the hardest time figuring out how I was supposed to rock the baby. I either got no reaction or got a "stop rocking the baby so fast" It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to do it. I've only had that minigame once though.

My mii baby has grown past the rocking phase. I moved on to petting the eyebrows, but that didn't work this evening. I got exasperated, and so I tap tap tap'd on the mouth. It was like, "Woah!" And I was like, "Oh, you like that? TAP TAP TAP!!" And then I almost choked myself from laughing so hard.

Edit: /end hijack

Mad Poster
#16485 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:31 AM
We are so close to page 666. Sorry, just pointing that out.

And remember when we complained how little lots Sunset Valley itself had? Sigh.

It's like food. People don't notice it until it's held side-by-side, but tins, packages, etc are getting smaller over time and yet they look the same.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#16486 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
We are so close to page 666. Sorry, just pointing that out.

And remember when we complained how little lots Sunset Valley itself had? Sigh.

It's like food. People don't notice it until it's held side-by-side, but tins, packages, etc are getting smaller over time and yet they look the same.

Shhh, you'll scare Ryan!
Space Pony
#16487 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
Well, that was what Graham just explained lol. The whole point he made is that no, you don't have to face two loading screens. You go to the map, click the gym, and it will load the new neighborhood (district) with the gym as the "active" lot. One loading screen. To switch to another active lot within that neighborhood, or two switch to an active lot in another neighborhood...you still face one loading screen.
Well that's an upgrade to TS2 loading screens as far as I can remember unless you were going somewhere in the main neighborhood you had two loading screens one to go wherever you were going and another to actually load the lot you wanted to go to. Correct me if I'm wrong my memory with TS2 is a little dodgy. That and from reading this form I'm learning new things about both TS2&3 that are making me say "wait you can do that, I had no idea, now I need to try it."
Lab Assistant
#16488 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
If I'm understanding Graham's last post right, you can only travel between neighborhoods by visiting a lot? Because one has to be active for you to go there.

Correct. After the loading screen finishes you don't start inside/on the lot, you start on the sidewalk in front of the lot. Whether you choose to walk onto the active lot or wander off into the neighborhood is entirely up to you. No matter if you're traveling to another lot in the current neighborhood, to another neighborhood, or to a different world entirely, you'll always select a lot as your destination because there is always one active lot.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Lab Assistant
#16489 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 5:54 AM
Hey Graham, are the loading screens between neighborhoods and lots different?

It's kinda worrying that I'll walk up to a lot, suddenly be hit with a loading screen, and then be in the same spot and walk back onto it.
Mad Poster
#16490 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Correct. After the loading screen finishes you don't start inside/on the lot, you start on the sidewalk in front of the lot.

Good. Now we know where your sims land. OK, that makes sense. Thank you Graham.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16491 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Correct. After the loading screen finishes you don't start inside/on the lot, you start on the sidewalk in front of the lot. Whether you choose to walk onto the active lot or wander off into the neighborhood is entirely up to you. No matter if you're traveling to another lot in the current neighborhood, to another neighborhood, or to a different world entirely, you'll always select a lot as your destination because there is always one active lot.

CALLED IT. Yall voted disagree but I was right!
Alchemist
#16492 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:32 AM
Default Genetics in Sims 4
From Sims VIP:
"Since the Sims characters is now driven by DNA, CAS now has a new feature (our favorite): The family genetics. When creating a new Sim you can do that like you always did and start at the beginning or use the new functionality and randomize children of two existing Sims – finally hair color isn’t the only thing that kids inherit from their parents. They actually resemble them. In the same way you can create parents and siblings. Your family actually looks like certain physical features are passed on."
http://simsvip.com/2014/06/15/the-s...erman-magazine/
Test Subject
#16493 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:36 AM
I'm really really new here, like a fetus and. I think I understand how the world works now. :D
Inventor
#16494 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:45 AM
The Disagree Ninja Clan is in full force tonight.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#16495 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:46 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 16th Jun 2014 at 8:12 AM. Reason: uploaded a corrected version.
From SimsVIP's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/...6939136/photo/1

Quote:
SimsVIP ‏@SimsVIP 6h
#TheSims4 Game Edition Content Detailed >>> http://simsvip.com/2014/06/15/the-s...tions-detailed/ … #Sims4 pic.twitter.com/du2JF9XnNq

EDIT: This is a corrected version of the content for the game editions. Sorry.

Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
The Disagree Ninja Clan is in full force tonight.

Usually I don't comment about the disagrees but when they disagree with Graham's explanation of what's going on in The Sims 4, that is just trolling. Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#16496 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:47 AM
Is anyone else wondering why we have yet to see a video of ACTUAL gameplay???
Field Researcher
#16497 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:51 AM
People "disagreeing" with Graham's post.
Inventor
#16498 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:54 AM
Thanks for the edition info, lewisb! I was pretty confused as to what I would need to order if I pre-ordered at all.

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Usually I don't comment about the disagrees but when they disagree with Graham's explanation of what's going on in The Sims 4, that is just trolling. Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

That was the only reason why it caught my eye. I saw it and was like "Haha seriously?" and then I noticed it on some other posts that just gave out information and quotes from articles. People are silly sometimes.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#16499 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:59 AM
I think Graham just got caught in the cross fire. They were aiming for me, but he got hit in the process. Man down...man down...

Lab Assistant
#16500 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 7:20 AM
So the most important thing I've learned from trying to read 100++ pages is Zac Efron and I'm still hopelessly not caught up ...

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
What have they done to my Pancake Bob?! Noooo!

He doesn't look the same and I am not happy with the new looks. Pointy nose.

IKR? I liked him better as this big squishy teddy!

Loved the Obamasim. I think they should use Kimsim to demo all the weird deaths

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
Does this mean that sims that have bro trait can die of laughter because they saw a sim pee itself. This is rather awkward.

Thinning the herd, the more the better.

Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Hmmm-- Artistic, Neatness, *Sailboat*, Party.

Are those trait categories? What does the Sailboat stand for?

Recreation?

Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Don't they want us to buy this game?
They can't comment on that

Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why can't we confront developers? <snip> Why are you guys so lazy?
I seriously doubt that the developers are lazy or incompetent. The problems lies with the higher-up folks allocating the resources. But to be fair, with Sims 4 ranking 8th on the most pre-ordered games for 2014, they're probably thrilled, why should they even consider doing things different if the majority of the fanbase is satisfied with the crumbs that fell off the table?
Locked thread
Page 660 of 817