Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Bedding Replacements: Defaults and Non-Defaults

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 24th Feb 2008 at 8:57 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 11:50 PM by whitesiren

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 11:49 PM
I Love You for this. Hallelujah! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

X.x.~*~*.Mrs. My Chemical Romance.*~*~.x.X
X.x.So Long.And Good.X.x.Night.x.X Don't I look pretty walkin down the dress in the best damn dress I own? I reject your reality and substitute my own! Thats what we do on Mythbusters. We blow shit up. ~Mythbusters Princess~
Field Researcher
#52 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 4:07 AM
why didn't anybody make this 2 years ago? thanks so much! i can finaly get rid of the most ugly beds ever! and now i have more selection!

thank you so much ! ! !

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:22 AM
When I use these on a single bed, I get a white stripe down the middle of the bed. Perhaps you could fix this, so my teen sims can enjoy simple bedding, too?

Thanks for all of your great work!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:09 AM
SunnyMonster - Do you have your graphics settings turned up? I've tested them on single beds and they're definitely seamless. Just to be sure, I looked in-game and the only one that has any semblance of a white line is the black bedding with pinstripes - which is meant to have white lines. I'm guessing this may be a graphics issue or something, because my beddings are okay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:37 PM
I do have the graphics settings turned up, but my computer glitches up the graphics something terrible anyway, so that's probably it. That makes more sense, anyway-- I'd found it hard to believe that you wouldn't have checked these on single beds, since your work is always so high-quality. It's weird, though; I've never noticed this with other custom beddings. Oh well!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:57 PM
Yes! no more weird maxis sheets! Thank you so much!!!!
Scholar
#57 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:24 AM
Thanks for the non default sets, too. You went above and beyond to cover all our wishlists!

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Instructor
#58 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 12:24 AM
may not mean much, but thanx so much for these. i dont know how i missed them before, but they are greatly appreciated. im not a maxis fan in the slightest since i found that you can download cc for the sims. thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 3:24 AM
Excellent idea...got em all. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 10:03 PM
You're hilarious HP. Great Mod!
Theorist
#61 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 9:21 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 17th Mar 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SunnyMonster
When I use these on a single bed, I get a white stripe down the middle of the bed. Perhaps you could fix this, so my teen sims can enjoy simple bedding, too?

I am Getting the Same 'Glitch' too, I'll fumble around for a pic, But it seems like as how the Bedding Templates and such are set up, When you zoom out, More of the texture is needed, so white is being drawn from somewhere? Total guess, (I din't have much skill in Beddings as you might never/do/-ish/not know :D)

I DON'T regually experiance these things with any other object, and my Graphics settings are on FULL.

Its not a Major Problem, Just wanted to Bring it to the 'TWO PEOPLE' mark :D

Much Grad.

-PETCHY14

EDIT: Pics always help!

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ff_14eb0471.jpg

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ff_74eb048b.jpg

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ff_54eb04d3.jpg

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ff_94eb04b9.jpg

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#62 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 6:39 AM
Such a great idea and thank you for making it possible for us to choose which we keep and replace.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 2:50 AM
I remember you mentioning this idea but somehow missed it on the downloads. These are really awesome, and you totally rock.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 11:13 AM
PETCHY14 and SunnyMonster -

Looks like it's an issue with the smaller mipmapping - there are less pixels to work with and it's blending a couple of them together. I have only been able to reproduce it at quite far zoom levels - which is why I never saw it in the first place before uploading these - I looked zoomed in checking the textures for seamlessness and stuff but didn't zoom out that far.

I don't even know if it -can- be fixed and if it would I think the amount of effort to do so outweighs the minor annoyance of it - I can't imagine anyone taking pictures that far away, so I'm just gonna shrug and ignore it.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Inventor
#65 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:00 PM
These are great, Thanks for making them separate too because I love Leopard Print!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:09 AM
I can't say anything but a gazillion thanks for this.

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
#67 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 9:34 PM
Hmm.. a lot of these aren't seemless for the single beds....
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:56 PM
Yay!!!!!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :x
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 3:33 PM
HomestarRunner20X6 - Actually, they -are- seamless for the single beds... it's just that because of the way importing textures works, they develop a small seam when you zoom out to far zoom levels. It's such a minor thing and only happens on far zooms (and never at any zoom level that you would be taking pictures) that I'm not going to bother trying to fix it when I'm not even sure I -can-.

Test Subject
#70 Old 11th May 2008 at 12:41 AM
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

These are awesome. I've always wondered what the Maxis designers were smoking to make them come up with such horrible bedding, and now I don't even have to -look- at them.

Very well done!

Please feel free to upload my walls and floors in your finished lots as long as they are not offered on any paysites, TSR, or the Exchange. You may recolour them as long as you give credit and link back to the original.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 31st May 2008 at 9:57 AM
Thanks Harry Potter! I'm getting the white line, but its not really a problem.

There is no spoon
Field Researcher
#72 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:16 PM
This is a great idea. Speaking for myself, I only use the soft pink floral bedding before but now Ill have more options. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 6:00 AM
Thank you so much. I was waitung for this.

Sims is just fun and every custom content should be available for FREE.
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 4:08 AM
Yay! These look awesome!
(what were they thinking with that hideous green/gold/purple bedding?)

I'll definitely download these when the server decides to behave again and actually LET me download something >:3

anyways, awesome work. Thanks a bunch!

certifiably batshiiit insane
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:34 PM
Thank you!

It's really nice of you to take the extra time so we could choose which ones we wanted! :D
Page 3 of 5