Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Housekeeper Service - v1.2 (9th Dec 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 19th May 2014 at 5:40 AM - Updated 9th Dec 2014 at 11:38 PM by douglasveiga

154 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 90 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 7:12 AM
Thanks! Nice 1.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:22 AM
Without this my Sims would live in squalor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:44 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 4:03 PM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 1:58 AM
Test Subject
#131 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:18 PM
I love this mod, it's very useful for my huge family and busy mother (4 babies at the moment ), and a father always at work. But my housekeeper keeps getting the babies out of their cribs when they have needs (like hunger), after he cleaned or repair everything what had to be done, he should go directly back to his chair but gets the baby, while I'm clicking with my baby selected on cancel interaction but 9 of the 10 times I'm to late and he got my baby, and because I cancelled te interaction already he isn't going to feed the baby and then I click on quit holding the baby (the round thing) through the baby and most times he lies him/her on the ground, and often while my mother is holding another baby, and then she is putting that baby in the wrong crib and such (I think there are people who know what I mean). But sometimes he takes him/her back to his chair while the baby still has needs and then I don't know what to do, so I know it's been a while since the last update but could you maybe make the house keeper not interacting with my babies, it's just shakes things up. for the rest great mod. English isn't my first language so I hope that this was clear.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#132 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 10:49 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#133 Old 4th Nov 2015 at 10:50 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM
This is a great mod. Is there any way to make it useable at Base Camp Lots?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 10:17 PM
Thanks Partner!
Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:50 PM
Will there ever be a version of this without hunger, bladder, etc being disabled?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 12:16 PM
Have all EP/SP on 1.67, works great :)

I do have a occational issue that does happen though when the maid makes the bed, the bed becomes unusable by my sims and I have to replace it, However I did find threads about the butler and bonehilda causing the same issue to happen, so its most likely a EA bug, don't know if you can do anything to keep it from happening, but thought I would mention it. She doesn't seem to want to do laundry either, did I miss something on getting that to work?
Test Subject
#138 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by caleb68
Have all EP/SP on 1.67, works great

I do have a occational issue that does happen though when the maid makes the bed, the bed becomes unusable by my sims and I have to replace it, However I did find threads about the butler and bonehilda causing the same issue to happen, so its most likely a EA bug, don't know if you can do anything to keep it from happening, but thought I would mention it. She doesn't seem to want to do laundry either, did I miss something on getting that to work?

I have the same problem. Were you able to solve it?
Instructor
#139 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caleb68
Have all EP/SP on 1.67, works great

Same problem with the unusable beds after the housekeeper has made them, any ideas what might be causing it?
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 8th May 2016 at 1:39 AM
Thanks for mod! Love it so much! Just one issue, I noticed that housekeeper doesn't go down to basement? I have a basement with broken sink and also the housekeeper light, but the housekeeper doesn't go there to fix the sink nor staying there when there's no task.
Test Subject
#141 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Awesome mod! One question - is it possible through a mod (such as Master Controller) to get her to wear a different outfit? Or is the housekeeper considered an "object" and can't be changed that way?

You can. Using Nraas Mods, you can call him/her into Cas.. (Hold shift and click on the housekeeper) there you can change everything, even exchange him/her for a different Sim you saved there. When you get back in live mode, I have to whoohoo her to make her change into the new outfit. I suppose there will be other ways, but that's what i do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:59 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 3:52 AM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#144 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 7:24 AM
This mod is very useful. Thankyou so much! I'm using the full butler mod, but I can't Request him to make food? When I select Prepare Bar Drink it charges me 8 Simoleons and then the butler Just stands there. He hasn't moved in a couple of days, however I can make conversation with him.

Is there any way the butler could have a bit of autonomy while there is nothing for him to do?

This is a GREAT Mod btw, I'll be experimenting with the different versions. Thankyou!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#145 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:40 PM
Hi, I have a question, did anyone ever figure out how to stop or slow the maid/butler down from putting the food up right after it is cooked.
Test Subject
#146 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 2:08 PM Last edited by exorift : 15th Jan 2018 at 2:12 PM. Reason: for the lolz
Love it.. a few thoughts:
I Love the Service, but am disappointed the role doesn't "stick" .. I got this mostly for my Home in France *(I renovated the Castle)* .. and it was in Dire need of a Butler.. (because Bonehilda's nasty, lol) ... I got set up with the 'Housekeeper' and used NRAAS Master Controller to Customize a Personal Butler.. it worked out great for the duration of the trip, but on our next trip back, he wasn't there... there was no way to assign the same Sim. He existed in France. They were Friends, we could invite him over as a Friend.. but no way to assign him back to the same Housekeeper role .. When I got back Home, the Home Butler we made with this mod was still there and working great.

3ish other issues I noticed using this mod for a Vacation Home/Traveling:

- the Home Phone (Landline used to assign) no longer worked for Housekeeper Service, even after manually resetting, I had to delete/replace it, even on Home lot.
- my Sim got super fat after talking to the no-longer-Butler guy.. for no reason? .. may or may not be related, but it was definitely weird.
- I'm really not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I'm experiencing the Glitch where the game selects multiple members of the household at once and you can't control them? .. I'd never experienced this one before.. Played the game for years and never had this happen before I installed this mod. Saving and going back to Main Menu "fixes" the issue.. but I can't help but think it's related.

What I've gathered is that this Mod doesn't jive well with Travel, which is sad.. because the Housekeeper Service is much more reliable and attentive than my dumb Plumbot who's programmed to clean the damn house and do laundry and stuff, but ends up swimming and working out all the time (?) .. You're a hovering Robot. You don't need to work out. Why are you doing "squats" and "running" on a treadmill? lol

My Workaround idea: The Home Butler(Housekeeper) is solid.. so Customize tf out of him/her to your liking, then Save the Sim to Bin.. when you go on vacation, you can request Housekeeper Service, then manually edit whoever shows up in CAS with NRAAS Master Controller to be the Pre-Made Sim you customized. At the end of your trip, you just cancel the service and/or "disappear" the Sim.. it's a little extra work, but it's worth it, IMHO.

I look forward to taking advantage of this service.. I have a lot of Large Families, and the Plumbots aren't as useful as one would hope.. the maids are worse.. Even with the 'Clean House for All' Mod, and other workarounds, this seems to be the best way to maintain a Clean Home in Good Working Order... though my Home Butler does seem to be quite fond of the Beer ("Juice") Keg when he's not creepily standing under his light, which I'm 100% fine with, lol.

PS.. I noticed a lot of people felt 'weird' about the Sim not engaging or having motives they need to fulfill.. My concept was to treat it like a Synth (Synthetic Humanoid Robot) .. like a mesh between the Simbot and Plumbot, but with the appearance and approximate behavior of a normal Sim.. I even took it a step further by applying a Barcode Tattoo to the back of the neck and giving him robotic/cyborg eyes.. it makes the whole.. 'standing there creepily under a light waiting for something to clean' a lot more.. comfy.. for whatever reason ... (My personal insight, With NRAAS WooHooer and Animated WooHoo Mods, you can make them a Personal WooHooBot, which would make the whole thing a little more... gettable.. just sayin')
Field Researcher
#147 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:39 PM Last edited by sirrena : 25th Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM.
I really love this mod ill be using it for so long and honestly its so much fun!Thank you so much for making this..
I have only one issue with it ,if i have the beehive from supernatural the maid goes nuts on it!She goes and cleans it for hours not even changing her outfit..She just runs around with the beekeeping headset (Looking all fabulous) making work around the house and then BOOM! back to the beehive!GOTTA CLEAN THOSE BEES!
Is there a way to block her form using it?It tried to set the beehive to have no autonomous interactions through returner which kinda worked, she let the bees be (get it?) but then my sims become unroutable every time the gather honey.. T_T
Anyways doubt i get an answer since its such an old mod.But besides all that thanks again for making this mod!
Test Subject
#148 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sirrena
I really love this mod ill be using it for so long and honestly its so much fun!Thank you so much for making this..
I have only one issue with it ,if i have the beehive from supernatural the maid goes nuts on it!She goes and cleans it for hours not even changing her outfit..She just runs around with the beekeeping headset (Looking all fabulous) making work around the house and then BOOM! back to the beehive!GOTTA CLEAN THOSE BEES!
Is there a way to block her form using it?It tried to set the beehive to have no autonomous interactions through returner which kinda worked, she let the bees be (get it?) but then my sims become unroutable every time the gather honey.. T_T
Anyways doubt i get an answer since its such an old mod.But besides all that thanks again for making this mod!

I had the same issue until I found this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/506123
It fixed the Beehive issue. Just make sure you save the game when the "maid" is not wearing the costume or they will keep wearing it.
Test Subject
#149 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
You know, I noticed that if you build a LN style apartment, the maid doesn't clean the areas designated as public, in fact they spawn in their maid costume and then change to their casual clothes but will go and sit on their assigned chair/light until your actual personal room needs to be tended to.

But the public space is where most of the mess occurs. Like, my sim comes home and changes right there and then, leaving a pile of laundry. He cooks in the communal kitchen and the food gets left out there for days until it stinks, but she doesn't put it away. He had a party last night, the place looked a wreck and she just sat there
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 9:03 PM
I've had maids and butlers. This is SO much better! Thank you! I have a family that sometimes swells to 16-17 sims. It's nice to know that their mess is being taken care of without my help.

I had a silly problem. I bought the chair for her to sit in. (I've only had females so far.) Apparently it was more comfy than the other furniture, because my family kept sitting there. I ended up getting rid of my sofas and chairs and filling the living room with housekeeper chairs. Everyone was happy. While they slept, the housekeeper would sit in one for a while, then move to another, then another... I guess too many choices confused her. It made me laugh.

That's not the only time they make me laugh. As someone is getting up, she rushes in to make the bed. While they're eating, she stands behind them, waiting to take their dishes. I keep saying "Go away until they're done!"

They may not NEED to socialize, but they do. They quickly make friends with the family members. They are starstruck by the celebrities, and boo them when there's a scandal.

Problems:
> They occasionally get stuck. I'll notice dishes piling up, or a crying toddler, and go looking for them. I discovered that moving them with MOO gets them going again.
> They don't do laundry. If the hampers get too full, and the clothes end up on the floor, she picks them up then drops them again. They will, however, get the clean clothes from the dryer. That's the only part my sims want to do!
> They'll give the toddlers a bottle, which is nice. (I age up babies as soon as they're born.) But they also pick them up and put them in the playpen when they're working on skill toys. Or when I have them in a walker, learning to walk, the housekeeper will take them out (and put them in the playpen). There's no way to tell her to stop. I'll give commands to the kid, and she'll sometimes put them down. Most of the time, I have to send someone to take the kid out of the playpen.
> I've only had her cook once. There were a dozen hungry human sims waiting, and she made a single serving. I don't see a way to tell her to serve a meal.

Overall, this is a great mod with very minor problems. Thank you!
Page 6 of 7