Replies: 470 (Who?), Viewed: 154526 times.
Page 19 of 19
Test Subject
#451 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 11:08 AM
ok since i dont have visibility in other forums, here the question i post here:

Hello,
I have a problem with the sims 4. Since few day, it happens that the sims are seen in this way:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...UU2Ul9mSFFWTGhR



(A sort of "X" appear and the sim or sims aren't visible anymore in my library/gallery.
What could be?


A second question is: there's some mod/hack that it's similar to the "Reaction Tester" that I used on the Sims 2? I mean, an object that put inside the game, i can click and set a lot of things, like time, poses, face expressions , sims that dance, and so on..

Thank you for the infos!
Test Subject
#452 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne
As for round faces: sliders.



And I agree with the person who says also in Sims 4 characters tend to look identical. In Sims 2 it’s the art style doing it, in Sims 3 the lack of proper facial bone structure and in Sims 4 it’s the facial expressions.


I dont see these two sims to look identical.. i mean the facial features are totally different.. ? Maybe you used the same tshirts and hair so he looks similar to the other one? But the face is different...
Field Researcher
#453 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina33
I dont see these two sims to look identical.. i mean the facial features are totally different.. ? Maybe you used the same tshirts and hair so he looks similar to the other one? But the face is different...

That was actually my point. When you use sliders in Sims 3, you can create different sims with non-puffy faces. The left guy is a pudding face (all sliders in the middle), the right guy is not. It’s the very same guy before and after.
Lab Assistant
#454 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 1:32 AM
Since I see so many people here still having mainly *technical* problems with the Sims 3, I just reinstalled it completely from the ground up on a partition that is closed off from origin. The whole point of the exercise was to get rid off patch 1.69 which I always circumvented so far, and five days of lag and crashes were enough to understand that everything I heard about it was true. So if you have the opportunity, get rid of that patch.

I run the whole package with all EP and SP, plus everything nraas created for the game AND several other mods- on a windows 10 computer from 2016, nothing fancy, and it certainly lags in the beginning whenever the game cooks dozens of NPCs. But I really can't complain about the loading times anymore (especially since I don't have to stare at loading screens *all the time* whenever I want to leave the lot), and it's been a more than decent experience on the technical side. Since I started this whole operation after falling into the kind of angry coma that every Sims 4 addition delivers I'll take that and the unparalleled *gaming* experience and just leave Sims 4 alone.

Run it with windows 7 compatibility and admin rights. Don't get too crazy with the resolution. Turn down the number of houses that are shown at the same time, that slider makes all the difference when it comes to the really bad hickups. Maybe think about *not* playing in one of the huge worlds or a pathfinding hell like Bridgeport. There are more wonderful smaller worlds to download than ever. Especially with story progression give it a couple of seconds, and when you start a new world maybe even a couple of minutes until it's ready for you.

The traits alone are worth it. Deep snow. Horses. Create-a-style instead living in a plastic world full of primary colors. No loading screens. So, will I go to university or first to egypt? Or that time portal? Ah, no, I'll start a collection of birds. Or I could just invent a miner and tunnel the island... or just buy a car. Or a bike. Or a hoverbike. As a djinn. Or a magician that has more than one animation. Wait, no, of course I'm going to become a werewolf, howling at the full moon at the graveyard. Or the scrapyard? Or maybe in France? I'll think about it while I'm fishing wherever I want. Except of course in that frozen pool where people are skating......
Mad Poster
#455 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFake
Since I see so many people here still having mainly *technical* problems with the Sims 3, I just reinstalled it completely from the ground up on a partition that is closed off from origin. The whole point of the exercise was to get rid off patch 1.69 which I always circumvented so far, and five days of lag and crashes were enough to understand that everything I heard about it was true. So if you have the opportunity, get rid of that patch.

I run the whole package with all EP and SP, plus everything nraas created for the game AND several other mods- on a windows 10 computer from 2016, nothing fancy, and it certainly lags in the beginning whenever the game cooks dozens of NPCs. But I really can't complain about the loading times anymore (especially since I don't have to stare at loading screens *all the time* whenever I want to leave the lot), and it's been a more than decent experience on the technical side. Since I started this whole operation after falling into the kind of angry coma that every Sims 4 addition delivers I'll take that and the unparalleled *gaming* experience and just leave Sims 4 alone.

Run it with windows 7 compatibility and admin rights. Don't get too crazy with the resolution. Turn down the number of houses that are shown at the same time, that slider makes all the difference when it comes to the really bad hickups. Maybe think about *not* playing in one of the huge worlds or a pathfinding hell like Bridgeport. There are more wonderful smaller worlds to download than ever. Especially with story progression give it a couple of seconds, and when you start a new world maybe even a couple of minutes until it's ready for you.

Definitely so, and even installing world fixes can alleviate a lot of the problems with EA worlds. And there's also these tips as well:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi.../?id=1131162350

If you treat TS3 like a special-needs child and know its limits and your system's, the game runs wonderfully. It's unfortunate that that has to be done, but it's one of those compromises that ensures that you can experience the only open-world life simulator game out there that offers you unparalleled freedom in creating your own narrratives and worlds.
Test Subject
#456 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 12:31 AM
I started my Sims journey with TS1... I was 12 years old and in awe. I only had the base game, but played it for hours, days, weeks, and months on end. It will always be a classic but it’s in another league, and to compare it is unfair - at the time of release, it was groundbreaking and TS1 is the reason we are here today having this very discussion.

Then came TS2. I was overwhelmed at the difference. The graphics, the way I could customize my sims, the different clothing options, the animations and small details... and 3D.
I ended up with every EP/SP... and I could play with endless possibilities and never got bored. When I got tired of playing with my “modern” sims... no problem, I created a new folder and made an entire new world with DRs and CC to make a medieval empire. I built a beautiful castle with a prince and princess who were guarded by knights, and an on-site royal physician.
I loved the genetics, the chemistry between sims, the social interactions... it was so real and lifelike. The expansions were like an entire new game, with added features and new stuff to discover and overwhelm me all over again. The babies... we could pick them up and carry them anywhere with us... they were actual sims and not objects. I didn’t have to feel guilty because I left my baby in the bedroom while I ran on the treadmill... I could put baby in a CC baby swing in the same room as me. I was never fond of the toddler lifestage though, I never really did get into family-based gameplay because the toddlers/children were difficult to manage without mods (I mean come on, they’d come home from school with fun in the red - school isn’t THAT horrible!).
And don’t get me started on all the CC/mods that are available... how you play your TS2 is practically limitless because of all the EPs and custom content out there.
I will forever sing praises for TS2.

Enter The Sims 3.
I was still occupied with TS2 at the time, and I didn’t want to lose all the features and additions (because lets face it - the base games are bare-bones and boring). I bought it for my daughter... she played it on and off but kept going back to 2. I watched her play a few times and wasn’t really impressed. I stuck with TS2 and never did play 3... so I cannot offer any honest feedback. I do have opinions of it based on reviews and forums I’ve read, but those opinions don’t really matter because they’re not based on my experience.

Here we are almost 20 years later with TS4. I was still playing TS2 up until a little over a year ago. I really hadn’t heard much about 4 until I watched my daughter play the demo version... her laptop screen was broken so she had it plugged into the big screen, so I got to see everything. She was in CAS creating a new family... and I was instantly blown away. Then she moved her family into a house... and that’s when I really got the urge to play it for myself.
So, I got the game and everything that had been released up until that point, which I think was seasons. I was instantly hooked... playing for days on end with no sleep. I can finally play family-style and make multiple generations because the toddlers are amazing, and the children are actually manageable. Of course I have some gripes about certain things, and there are quite a few simple things that I miss from TS2 (like lounging on a bed/couch, reading a book while lounging on the bed, cuddling/relaxing on the bed with your partner, sleeping with my dog in the bed... etc) but overall, I do love TS4.
Aside from what already I mentioned above, some things I don’t like are: everyone just having a cell phone - I miss having to go to the store to actually buy one if I could afford it, having all clothing available all the time - I miss having to go to the store to purchase new outfits/accessories, it gave my sims something to work for other than to just pay bills, having to fill my fridge with groceries (although I downloaded a mod that took care of that problem), and as others have mentioned... I miss the firefighters and burglars. I don’t miss the repo man, I actually like that your utilities get shut off instead of having your stuff taken away. I think one of my biggest peeves is that there’s just a bunch of separate worlds with no connection or way to connect them. If my native Sulani sim wants to go to the gym, she shouldn’t have to travel across the “world” to somewhere with a completely different climate - I leave Sulani in a hot weather outfit and arrive in a coat with my feet buried in snow. I miss how you could connect your home neighborhood with a downtown and shopping district from TS2.

Anyways... that’s my take on the matter. I can’t honestly say that I like one over the other, I can say that I love both 2 and 4... there are great things about them both and downsides to both. After I installed 4, I kept 2 around for a while with the thought that I’d get sick of 4 and eventually want to revert back... but that never did happen and I ended up uninstalling and deleting all of my CC. I’m fully dedicated to TS4 now and while there are certain things I miss about TS2, I haven’t regretted making the change.
Field Researcher
#457 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 9:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie87
I started my Sims journey with TS1... I was 12 years old and in awe. I only had the base game, but played it for hours, days, weeks, and months on end. It will always be a classic but it’s in another league, and to compare it is unfair - at the time of release, it was groundbreaking and TS1 is the reason we are here today having this very discussion.

Then came TS2. I was overwhelmed at the difference. The graphics, the way I could customize my sims, the different clothing options, the animations and small details... and 3D.
I ended up with every EP/SP... and I could play with endless possibilities and never got bored. When I got tired of playing with my “modern” sims... no problem, I created a new folder and made an entire new world with DRs and CC to make a medieval empire. I built a beautiful castle with a prince and princess who were guarded by knights, and an on-site royal physician.
I loved the genetics, the chemistry between sims, the social interactions... it was so real and lifelike. The expansions were like an entire new game, with added features and new stuff to discover and overwhelm me all over again. The babies... we could pick them up and carry them anywhere with us... they were actual sims and not objects. I didn’t have to feel guilty because I left my baby in the bedroom while I ran on the treadmill... I could put baby in a CC baby swing in the same room as me. I was never fond of the toddler lifestage though, I never really did get into family-based gameplay because the toddlers/children were difficult to manage without mods (I mean come on, they’d come home from school with fun in the red - school isn’t THAT horrible!).
And don’t get me started on all the CC/mods that are available... how you play your TS2 is practically limitless because of all the EPs and custom content out there.
I will forever sing praises for TS2.

Enter The Sims 3.
I was still occupied with TS2 at the time, and I didn’t want to lose all the features and additions (because lets face it - the base games are bare-bones and boring). I bought it for my daughter... she played it on and off but kept going back to 2. I watched her play a few times and wasn’t really impressed. I stuck with TS2 and never did play 3... so I cannot offer any honest feedback. I do have opinions of it based on reviews and forums I’ve read, but those opinions don’t really matter because they’re not based on my experience.

Here we are almost 20 years later with TS4. I was still playing TS2 up until a little over a year ago. I really hadn’t heard much about 4 until I watched my daughter play the demo version... her laptop screen was broken so she had it plugged into the big screen, so I got to see everything. She was in CAS creating a new family... and I was instantly blown away. Then she moved her family into a house... and that’s when I really got the urge to play it for myself.
So, I got the game and everything that had been released up until that point, which I think was seasons. I was instantly hooked... playing for days on end with no sleep. I can finally play family-style and make multiple generations because the toddlers are amazing, and the children are actually manageable. Of course I have some gripes about certain things, and there are quite a few simple things that I miss from TS2 (like lounging on a bed/couch, reading a book while lounging on the bed, cuddling/relaxing on the bed with your partner, sleeping with my dog in the bed... etc) but overall, I do love TS4.
Aside from what already I mentioned above, some things I don’t like are: everyone just having a cell phone - I miss having to go to the store to actually buy one if I could afford it, having all clothing available all the time - I miss having to go to the store to purchase new outfits/accessories, it gave my sims something to work for other than to just pay bills, having to fill my fridge with groceries (although I downloaded a mod that took care of that problem), and as others have mentioned... I miss the firefighters and burglars. I don’t miss the repo man, I actually like that your utilities get shut off instead of having your stuff taken away. I think one of my biggest peeves is that there’s just a bunch of separate worlds with no connection or way to connect them. If my native Sulani sim wants to go to the gym, she shouldn’t have to travel across the “world” to somewhere with a completely different climate - I leave Sulani in a hot weather outfit and arrive in a coat with my feet buried in snow. I miss how you could connect your home neighborhood with a downtown and shopping district from TS2.

Anyways... that’s my take on the matter. I can’t honestly say that I like one over the other, I can say that I love both 2 and 4... there are great things about them both and downsides to both. After I installed 4, I kept 2 around for a while with the thought that I’d get sick of 4 and eventually want to revert back... but that never did happen and I ended up uninstalling and deleting all of my CC. I’m fully dedicated to TS4 now and while there are certain things I miss about TS2, I haven’t regretted making the change.


I like your take on Sims4 you hit most of good and bad points. Some people love it some hate it, I have been playing it since it came out I like it but I do believe there is more they could do with it. I would love to see some packs that are not just redo of old stuff from other games. But I do love the new Realm of Magic pack. It is nice to see a review that doesn't trash it or give a opinion that there is nothing wrong but still enjoys the game. So enjoy the game.
Lab Assistant
#458 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie87
I started my Sims journey with TS1... I was 12 years old and in awe. I only had the base game, but played it for hours, days, weeks, and months on end. It will always be a classic but it’s in another league, and to compare it is unfair - at the time of release, it was groundbreaking and TS1 is the reason we are here today having this very discussion.

Then came TS2. I was overwhelmed at the difference. The graphics, the way I could customize my sims, the different clothing options, the animations and small details... and 3D.
I ended up with every EP/SP... and I could play with endless possibilities and never got bored. When I got tired of playing with my “modern” sims... no problem, I created a new folder and made an entire new world with DRs and CC to make a medieval empire. I built a beautiful castle with a prince and princess who were guarded by knights, and an on-site royal physician.
I loved the genetics, the chemistry between sims, the social interactions... it was so real and lifelike. The expansions were like an entire new game, with added features and new stuff to discover and overwhelm me all over again. The babies... we could pick them up and carry them anywhere with us... they were actual sims and not objects. I didn’t have to feel guilty because I left my baby in the bedroom while I ran on the treadmill... I could put baby in a CC baby swing in the same room as me. I was never fond of the toddler lifestage though, I never really did get into family-based gameplay because the toddlers/children were difficult to manage without mods (I mean come on, they’d come home from school with fun in the red - school isn’t THAT horrible!).
And don’t get me started on all the CC/mods that are available... how you play your TS2 is practically limitless because of all the EPs and custom content out there.
I will forever sing praises for TS2.

Enter The Sims 3.
I was still occupied with TS2 at the time, and I didn’t want to lose all the features and additions (because lets face it - the base games are bare-bones and boring). I bought it for my daughter... she played it on and off but kept going back to 2. I watched her play a few times and wasn’t really impressed. I stuck with TS2 and never did play 3... so I cannot offer any honest feedback. I do have opinions of it based on reviews and forums I’ve read, but those opinions don’t really matter because they’re not based on my experience.

Here we are almost 20 years later with TS4. I was still playing TS2 up until a little over a year ago. I really hadn’t heard much about 4 until I watched my daughter play the demo version... her laptop screen was broken so she had it plugged into the big screen, so I got to see everything. She was in CAS creating a new family... and I was instantly blown away. Then she moved her family into a house... and that’s when I really got the urge to play it for myself.
So, I got the game and everything that had been released up until that point, which I think was seasons. I was instantly hooked... playing for days on end with no sleep. I can finally play family-style and make multiple generations because the toddlers are amazing, and the children are actually manageable. Of course I have some gripes about certain things, and there are quite a few simple things that I miss from TS2 (like lounging on a bed/couch, reading a book while lounging on the bed, cuddling/relaxing on the bed with your partner, sleeping with my dog in the bed... etc) but overall, I do love TS4.
Aside from what already I mentioned above, some things I don’t like are: everyone just having a cell phone - I miss having to go to the store to actually buy one if I could afford it, having all clothing available all the time - I miss having to go to the store to purchase new outfits/accessories, it gave my sims something to work for other than to just pay bills, having to fill my fridge with groceries (although I downloaded a mod that took care of that problem), and as others have mentioned... I miss the firefighters and burglars. I don’t miss the repo man, I actually like that your utilities get shut off instead of having your stuff taken away. I think one of my biggest peeves is that there’s just a bunch of separate worlds with no connection or way to connect them. If my native Sulani sim wants to go to the gym, she shouldn’t have to travel across the “world” to somewhere with a completely different climate - I leave Sulani in a hot weather outfit and arrive in a coat with my feet buried in snow. I miss how you could connect your home neighborhood with a downtown and shopping district from TS2.

Anyways... that’s my take on the matter. I can’t honestly say that I like one over the other, I can say that I love both 2 and 4... there are great things about them both and downsides to both. After I installed 4, I kept 2 around for a while with the thought that I’d get sick of 4 and eventually want to revert back... but that never did happen and I ended up uninstalling and deleting all of my CC. I’m fully dedicated to TS4 now and while there are certain things I miss about TS2, I haven’t regretted making the change.


I'm impressed that you still own and can run TS2. If I remember correctly, I purchased or received as gifts all of my Sims 2 games and packs as actual physical CDs - complete with those puffy plastic boxes that opened and closed like books. My current PC rig doesn't even have a slot for any physical media beyond a USB drive. Unlike a lot of long time simmers, I don't have firm, fond memories of TS2. I know I played it. I know I was every bit as obsessed with it as I was with TS1. I actually think I clearly recall a pretty fun glitch in which my TS2 university student went swimming and ended up with bubbles floating out from under his armpits forever. I also loved toddlers and life stages. Otherwise, though, I was perfectly happy to move from TS1 to TS2, and it felt like a nice upgrade. TS2 was The Sims, 2.0, and although I loved it at the time, it doesn't inspire me to dig out old game boxes and try to reinstall.

TS3, however? My God, TS3. I saw that open world and I was hooked! Whereas TS2 felt like a perfectly fun and perfectly reasonable update to TS1, TS3 felt like it improved upon the original concept of TS1 and TS2 by several orders of magnitude. Let me say right off that I have the luxury of a nice PC. We custom build our PCs at my house, a fact that makes it easier for us to swap out parts and make upgrades over time. I can completely understand how people with out-of-the-box, stagnant systems that are/were a few years old may have difficulty running TS3's open worlds and custom textures in a reliable fashion. Like all Sims games, TS3 is/was occasionally glitchy for me, but I never (or seldom) experienced lag or exceptionally long wait times. Base game only, the open world was every bit the revelation in TS3 that life stages had been in TS2. Beyond the base game, though? World Adventures remains my favorite Sims expansion ever. I love taking my sims on adventures in Egypt, China, and France!

I'm one of those Negative Nellies who, like the TS2 purists before me, chose a sims hill upon which to die. Mine was TS3. I bought and played TS4. I made the transition, but a piece of me really always missed TS3. TS4 boxed me in. Why couldn't I bounce back and forth between one sim at the gym and the other at home? Why were so many franchise staples patched in after release, instead of ready on release? Do I really have to go back to loading screens again? Unlike previous installments, TS4 stripped down the experience without adding anything new and revolutionary to draw simmers in from the outset. Life stages and open worlds had been game changers. My sims were hardly ever in the house! TS4 was... TS1, but prettier, and with every sim competing for the Emmy for Most Dramatic Performance in a Daytime Soap Opera. Gradually, with the help of new packs and some free patches, TS4 started to add back all the stuff it should have had anyway: toddlers, pools, terrain tools, and so on. There are things about TS4 that I really love. The Lifetime Aspiration system is much smoother and more fun to play. Pathfinding works. I adore the holidays that come with Seasons and the cool little street festivals that come with City Living. I am a fan of the skill tree structure provided by packs like Vampires, Magic Realms, and Get Famous. Aside from the play-doh hair, TS4 sims are colorful and lively; the art and animation are absolutely adorable. I don't hate TS4, but I feel like they released the game too soon, without a strong enough flagship feature, and that they've struggled ever since as a result of that misstep.

So what did I do?

I put my convictions to the test. I reinstalled TS3 and all of my packs and content - even store content. I created a sim, dropped him in Roaring Heights, and... hmm, well, results were mixed.

I absolutely love, love, love the open world. I played just base game for half a day before I realized that I was missing content and enabled my expansions. Then, I sent my newlywed sim fella to France on his honeymoon. The graphics are a far cry from TS4. The animations are a lot more jerky and static. It is, frankly, odd to be picking grapes in the middle of a zombie outbreak. And then the glitches started. Out of nowhere, shortly after arriving home with her new baby, my female sim sprouted pathfinding glitches galore. She kept falling through the ceiling, or seeming to bathe somewhere between floor 1 and floor 2 even though the bath was on floor 2, or stomping her foot and whining about not being able to reach the mailbox that was right in front of her face. In France, toggling between the male and the female during their separate adventure missions sometimes led to unexpected crashes. I found a random wild horse in downtown Roaring Heights. The poor thing seemed also to be a victim of this sub-par pathfinding. His thought bubble indicated that he was stuck, as did his habit of simply standing there, stuck, for hours. I tried to get my female to go interact with him, but... she got stuck in a taxi boat, pathfinding. With graphics all the way up to ultra, 60 fps, and the resolution crystal clear, the game ran like a dream for 2 days. Then came the baby, and then the glitches. I'm not sure if the baby is a coincidence or not, but the glitches seemed to coincide with the sim's pregnancy.

Honestly? I had forgotten the glitches.

TS4, by contrast, rarely if ever glitches. It runs unbelievably smoothly. The expansions feel more integrated and less patchy or piecemeal, like they're part of a cohesive world rather than clumsily pasted on after-the-fact. The Lifetime Rewards are better. The relationship building is better, too. The emotions and animations really make sims light up. The ability to travel seamlessly between worlds is awesome and, honestly, something that should have been implemented long ago. Skill trees are bomb. The non-rabbit-hole careers are fun. The (too-small) neighborhoods are lush and beautifully rendered. I think TS4 is finally the better game, but only by a little, and only after 5 years of development.

If we ever get a TS5, I want it to be a mash-up of TS3 and TS4. I long for open worlds and vacation-style travel to more than just the jungle (although the jungle is, admittedly, pretty beautiful). I wonder if they could make the open world optional for those of us who have computers that can run it, but still allow those with weaker machines to play family-in-a-box, loading screen style? Same with the Create-a-Style tool? I loved being able to mix and match and customize everything. If we could add those two features back into TS4, along with some different vacation destinations, university, and more lots per world, it might be the perfect sims game. But EA will need more than that in TS5. They won't only have to manage not to strip back the game like Ramsey Bolton with one of Reek's fingers, but they'll also have to add something truly new and innovative. That's why TS2 and TS3 were bigger hits: they expanded on the original premise. If we get a TS5, it will have to take one big step forward if it wants to succeed.

So... TS3 was my favorite, but TS4 is the better game... as of now. It just took five years to get there.
Lab Assistant
#459 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 6:16 PM
I won't say a ton here. I'll say I loved TS2 to death, but was put off by TS3 and never thought TS4 would be any good. I ignored Sims for years, mostly played Bethesda games. Then they put the TS4 game out for free a couple months ago and that's the first time I played it. Now I'm hooked. It's got all the TS2 power, but with modern computing power. Not perfect by any means, but with some excellent mods, it's almost everything I ever wanted in TS2 and more. Now I want to learn to mod for this again. It's all good.
Field Researcher
#460 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 3:51 PM
I Sims 4 seriously represents Sims 2's power, all those years Sims 2 was presented to be the pinnacle of the series must have been a lie. Since it was personalities and detail I always thought were the real strong points of that game. They weren't then?
Lab Assistant
#461 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 7:47 PM
Here were some things I liked in the different games:

sims 1: Wicked easy to make stuff for.
sims 2: You could ORGANISE your stuff! Remember those folders? And it was so easy to delete custom content! Plus the default Sims faces had a lot of really nice ones.
Sims 3: The base sims were ugly but the customisability of the game was awesome. Being able to add different textures and materials to any object was amazing. And the hair colour spectrum! I would still be playing this if I hadn't got a new computer with no CD/DVD player. Not gonna run out and buy one just to play the Sims.
Sims 4: It's OK. It really went back to Sims 1 though. The neighborhood screens can't even be rotated. Also I hate all the extra neighborhood objects they stick in there which ruin the look I try to make.
Lab Assistant
#462 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 3:45 AM
I am so fucking sick of EA and its bullshit. Whims are no longer fulfilling, except for emotional ones for some reason. I have to cheat in the satisfaction points, and it's really not as fun that way. How hard can it be? This wasn't a problem in Sims 2 (except for some family-related wants that required a different active family, such as becoming a grandparent) or in Sims 3.

It doesn't help that EA has abandoned the whims system and isn't making any more. Sure, people were complaining, but it's so fucking lazy to just abandon it in the middle of the game. Whims were already nerfed in this game, a much smaller number compared to TS2 and TS3, and only vaguely affected by a Sim's traits or aspirations.

The thing that sucks is that other than this, I've been a loyal fan of Sims 4. Honestly, it does *not* take much for me to enjoy something. But I've always liked fulfilling wants/wishes/whims, and this is so upsetting to me and almost makes the game unplayable.

When I initially got TS4, I was impressed because it seemed far less glitchy than TS3. But, unlike TS2 and TS3, the bugs actually got *worse*. How the hell did that happen?

I'm sorry, I needed to rant somewhere and the official forums would never allow a post like this. Thank you.
Scholar
#463 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 4:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoolRachael
I am so fucking sick of EA and its bullshit. Whims are no longer fulfilling, except for emotional ones for some reason. I have to cheat in the satisfaction points, and it's really not as fun that way. How hard can it be? This wasn't a problem in Sims 2 (except for some family-related wants that required a different active family, such as becoming a grandparent) or in Sims 3.

It doesn't help that EA has abandoned the whims system and isn't making any more. Sure, people were complaining, but it's so fucking lazy to just abandon it in the middle of the game. Whims were already nerfed in this game, a much smaller number compared to TS2 and TS3, and only vaguely affected by a Sim's traits or aspirations.

The thing that sucks is that other than this, I've been a loyal fan of Sims 4. Honestly, it does *not* take much for me to enjoy something. But I've always liked fulfilling wants/wishes/whims, and this is so upsetting to me and almost makes the game unplayable.

When I initially got TS4, I was impressed because it seemed far less glitchy than TS3. But, unlike TS2 and TS3, the bugs actually got *worse*. How the hell did that happen?

I'm sorry, I needed to rant somewhere and the official forums would never allow a post like this. Thank you.


Don't worry your not the only one who feels like this.

I never thought I would ever reached a point where I can say Enough is Enough. Please No More Packs, no More Patches. They have proved it again and again they cannot fix bugs, so just stop breaking our windows and get your grubby hands off the game that we have paid good money for, then at least it can give the moddlers a chance to permanently fix them.
Lab Assistant
#464 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 4:19 PM
I have to agree with the TS4 sims looking kind of similar. I also dislike how they look different in-game as opposed to CAS. I think the same problem was in TS3 too, like the sims looked different when importing them to game, possibly due to shadows or lighting or something. In TS4, it's the expressions that make all the sims look just weird when they're in-game. I know this is kind of bad example since it's just the "icon" and not the actual screenshot of the game, but you can see how their expressions in TS4 are so over-the-top it just makes the sims look weird, especially when you intend to make them look serious in the CAS (the image attached in the post).

I also have to say that i think all the children and toddlers in both TS3 and TS4 games look almost identical. It's more apparent in TS3 but in my honest opinion, all the toddlers in TS4 have this "anime-face" and then they also look all similar when they're kids, in different way than they did when they were toddlers. They start looking different and individual only when they're teens. Of course, if you make their features look over-the-top it might make them look different from each other but still. It's little boring. I might be bias because TS2 is my favorite game and you could really make different looking sims ever since they were toddlers in that game even without really trying but still.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#465 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 2:28 AM
One complaint I've had with Sims games since Sims 2 is the way ambition/drive/dreams are set up. In Sims 1, it didn't exist, so I could make it up. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the later games immensely, but in this regard am forever trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Why do they have to have life ambitions that don't match what many people actually strive for in life, which is simply to be happy? Why do they have to get sad if they don't get all that wonderful stuff? And I frankly find them especially lacking in Sims 4. Anyway, there's my gripe.

Carry on.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#466 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:33 PM
I haven't played TS1 extensively, but have played the other games. My favorites are TS2 and TS3. TS2 had a lot of options for running your own business, even running it on the same lot as your home was, and that's why it's on the list and shares the spot with TS3. Unfortunately, TS3 was weak in that regard. But it had a seamless neighborhood!

As for TS4... It's still new to me but I can already say that it's like a barebones version of TS2\TS3. And there's simply not enough space for anything. Not for my households, not for community lots, not for businesses. And on top of that you can't even create more worlds with more space.
Lab Assistant
#467 Old 14th Jun 2020 at 7:38 AM
I just wish we could have a Sims game that combines the best of every game while leaving out their flaws. There are many things I like about each of the Sims games, yet it sucks to have to deal with their respective flaws while being unable to do anything about it.

Like, I'm sure some people won't be surprised that I truly appreciate The Sims 4 for being the only game in the series that actually gives us the ability to create transgender and other genderqueer Sims instead of giving no such representation and only allowing cis Sims (I understand that it's simply a product of the franchise's time, but I'd still rather prefer the one that lets me weave something personal to me into my Sims' stories), but I also really love how The Sims 4's worlds often look truly beautiful with their varied landscapes, how they're actually set up in different places around the world (Germany, Britain, Mexico, etc) with their respective cultures influencing the infrastructure and name of the locals as opposed to how the worlds from The Sims 2 were all set in the US and overwhelmingly lacked variety, feeling like they were identical cookie-cutter neighborhoods (TS2 only had two desert neighborhoods, one of which is a college subhood, and even then there was no way to differentiate their climate from the forest neighborhoods, and Downtown felt rather underdeveloped imo), but I still can't get over the fact that they so heavily limited how worlds work like compared to TS2 and TS3, what with only giving us a heavily-limited amount of lots to use and build on, and not even letting us create our own worlds. Like, I love the increased variety of the Sims 4 worlds, but limiting them like this was nothing short of a horrible decision.

Conversely, I really appreciate how The Sims 3 was open-world, because I really dislike the way The Sims 2 and 4 handle lot playability, especially when I want to do something like owning my own business. (I'll never get over how they decided to not include that in The Sims 4; at least The Sims 2 has the excuse of being an older game and open worlds being too straining a task to both develop and for mid-2000s computers to run at actually playable rates.) I also think that The Sims 3 kind of had a more diverse variety of traits to choose from compared to The Sims 4, which not only heavily toned it down, but also reduced the amount of traits that Sims can have for some reason. Additionally, while I still think TS4 worlds are creative and more appealing, TS3 also had some really nice world variety to choose from, while also giving us the ability to create our own worlds. Sadly, as discussed above, The Sims 3 was a buggy hot mess that just barely managed to run properly (and that's on a good day), while its sims just look downright uncanny and mildly unnerving imo.

Lastly, I have to say that I really like how The Sims 1 and 2 handled personality. I believe that a Sim's "core" personality (Neatness, Niceness, Playfulness, Activeness, Outgoingness) should be handled through a 10-point scale, rather than through traits. But I still think that Traits could be useful to further enhance a Sim's personality in addition to the personality scale, largely to cover its own shortcomings. (Such a scale can't really handle whether a Sim is vegetarian, or if they love reading books, or are addicted to video games, or are snobbish, socially awkward, grumpy, etc.) I also really like how it accurately showcases how Sims have to actually order groceries to have a stocked fridge, buy more clothes, how we actually have to buy cell phones rather than magically getting one for free, and stuff like that - it made the game feel a bit more realistic. Plus, there's the whole "no fixed lot amount" thing, which TS3 arguably has too, but I find TS2 to be more intuitive about it largely due to how flat and smooth the worlds are, as well as the available room they have left for more lots. However, there are the problems too, most of which I've already brought up earlier - it's even more restrictive on non-heteronormative Sims than The Sims 3 (the whole "civil union" business), how prone it is to neighbourhood and game corruption, the worlds not having a lot of variety, etc.

I guess those are my two cents. Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate any of the Sims games, it's just that they all have something about them which I dislike that another game does better, yet that game also has a bad thing that the other game did better, which is really frustrating. I just wish there was a Sims game that addressed all of that.
Mad Poster
#468 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 4:15 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 26th Jun 2020 at 2:41 AM.
Sims 4 is not my favorite game, but today's session won my heart. This is the most level of detail I've yet to experience in any of the games. I'm playing with grandparents. I had them bake cookies and make a lunch dish, then travel to their child's home to meet their grandson. They are able to put food in the fridge, call everyone to a meal, play with their grandchild and care for him in every way a parent could. They're able to establish a relationship on a deep level and they can even sooth the parents' nerves. I so love this generational aspect! There was an option to host a toddler party, which is something I'd like to check out.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#469 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 2:12 AM
For me personally, the game is entirely about how many mods it can handle, what can be modded, and how much it can take until it breaks.

I hated Sims 3, everything was just meh, but as someone who uses every visual mod the game can possibly load.. I felt the Sims themselves were just ugly and that alone ruined the game for me. I also hated the neighbourhoods and house placement.
In saying that, Sims 4 having Sims1 style neighbourhoods also ruins that part of the game for me.. I like pretty much everything else, BUT LET ME MAKE MY OWN DAMN NEIGHBOURHOODS. I get triggered every time I go to play and can't make my own 20 level apartment building like you could in the Sims 2.

The Sims 2 is my favourite. You could just add soooo many mods, and personalise everything, I'd still play it now if it would load in my graphics card. If Sims 4 had the same neighbourhood creation as Sims 2 it would easily be the best for me!
Lab Assistant
#470 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 8:53 PM
Sims 4 is the best and I'm sure Sims 5 will be better since the game grows as long as life does. But Sims 2 is an irreplicable experience as it was built upon one of the best years in history. I think Sims 2 nostalgia is nostalgia for the 90s- early 00s in general. The world has become far more diverse now and so our little lives on the sims reflect that. Separate cultures is a thing in TS4, VISUALLY, and I hope there will come a pack that will add a more diversifying effect through the sims idle and anonymous behavior. That part currently sucks.
Instructor
DELETED POST
18th Dec 2020 at 4:11 PM
This message has been deleted by Hamishmc.
Test Subject
#471 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 5:20 AM
The Sims 1:
The Game that started it all. Fond memories, nostalgia, all those good feelings. But outdated today.

The Sims 2:
Still the best life simulator. The most believable sims with the most personality and attention to detail.

The Sims 3:
A step back in terms of believable sims, but made up for with the open neighborhoods that gives the game a larger than life feel.

The Sims 4:
Disney inspired sims that are very animated but are a step backwards compared to it's predecessors with less depth and personality. I like how my garden looks, which is what brings me back to the game. But I'd probably be playing Sims 2/3 if they could actually run properly.

Page 19 of 19
Back to top