Replies: 3772 (Who?), Viewed: 147602 times.
Page 151 of 151
Mad Poster
#3751 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 12:10 PM
The following is a test photo from the other day.  I liked it, but I didn't like all the stuff in it.  There were way too many things driving my eyes crazy, so I put the focus back where it belonged.  I'm still not 100% happy with the result, but Photoshop can turn into a endless void where a person can literally spend hours finding flaws to fix.  I put 5-6 hours into this 'test' picture, that was enough.

Before

After
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3752 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:33 AM
I'm trying to write little personality blurbs for my sims. I find that unless I do I can't put together a cohesive personality from traits. If I don't have a cohesive picture then I don't get attached to the sims, and if I don't care I get bored very fast... I've come back to the sims after a long time and find myself a lot harder to entertain now.
Instructor
#3753 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 8:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysika
I'm trying to write little personality blurbs for my sims. I find that unless I do I can't put together a cohesive personality from traits. If I don't have a cohesive picture then I don't get attached to the sims, and if I don't care I get bored very fast... I've come back to the sims after a long time and find myself a lot harder to entertain now.

I gave up early on after the release of TS3 trying to give biographies to my Sims like I used to in TS and TS2. I have been playing with free-will on since the beginning of not only TS3 but also with TS/TS2, I quickly learned that TS3 Sims are more than their traits. Meaning my made up biographies rarely ever matched the personalities I thought the Sims to have based on the traits. If I want to write a biography for a Sim then I would need to actually play them enough to get to know the A.I. beyond traits to accurately describe their personality.

For example there is something that is even featured in TS and improved upon and advanced in TS3. Both games focus is on free will and allowing the Sims/A.I. to make their own decisions. Each Sim/A.I. is different and will do things according to their personality. However, in TS3 this is taken way further hence 'Sims are more than just their traits.' All TS3 Sims can develop and follow through on their own personal goals which can be different and distinct from the U.I. wish system alongside possibly different from the players wish(es) for the Sim(s). It's easy to pick up on for those who are perceptive of others which translates to reading the Sims/A.I. since it is based on the psychology of people as TS is likewise.

The blonde Sim, Israel, was a service Sim, a repairman, that my red-headed Sim Andreia kept thinking about. So I eventually invited him, Israel, over to understand why she kept having him in her thoughts. Apparently, they were attracted to each other and met when I was not playing that household. I moved him in and ironically had Andreia's twin sister become his romantic interest because initially he was making moves on her. But it was clear he wanted to be with Andreia and became very close friends with the twin, Carmen. I broke them up so I could see the Sims play out their relationship under observation. Israel seemed to want more out of the non-official relationship with Andreia like something serious and long-term, however, she just kept playing with his emotions. Every time he would begin to move on to find interest in someone else, she would always flirt with him which got him back to fawning all over her. This pattern went on for quite a while. And of course during this Carmen seemed to try to win over Israel's affection by showing him she could be the serious and long-term relationship he's looking for. But he never pursued anything more than friends with her. Yes, to some unaware, unrequited love is actually in TS3 but only the perceptive pick up on that who also play with high free-will that does not micromanage so the Sims/A.I. has the opportunity to show you its personality and personal wants.

Now the only man I ever known Andreia to be in love with and wanted to be with was a married man with children, Chi. I tend to think the Sims/A.I. has a way to hide affairs from other Sims and the player but I'm not sure how that is accomplished. Well, I notice the Sims acting differently that tells they know something is off whether by gossip or whatever. Specifically I mean there isn't any documentation or evidence in the U.I. that an affair has ever taken place despite the Sims autonomously acting romantic towards each other which to me are red flags. And no, I have not directed Andreia and Chi to flirt except iirc when they were teens after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend. Anyway, Chi eventually broke up their non-official relationship autonomously which left her bitter trying so hard to compete for him with his wife. So then she toys with Israel which I think she does in retaliation for the false hope she experienced. And yes, paying close attention to your Sims lives, their actions/reactions and their relationships will greatly reveal a lot and tell all kinds of never ending interesting stories the A.I. creates that the player can observe and/or change the course of the story at any time. Which is why my favorite description for TS3 is an 'interactive soap opera.'

If I gave Andreia a biography now that I know a bit about her A.I. and life history, the simplified version would read:

Andreia is the daughter of Max and Tracee Baxter and has an identical twin, two younger sisters and one younger brother. She grew up in Moonlight Falls, fell in love with a married man who decided to stay with his wife and kids. Then she later got romantically involved with the town’s ”repairman” but apparently he couldn’t fix her. Moving to Bridgeport, what new experiences does life have in store for her? Already she‘s on the prowl for the next boy toy with many on her radar…even another repairman. How will her wild side fare in the city and will anyone be able to tame her rebel spirit?
Screenshots

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Field Researcher
#3754 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshong
I gave up early on after the release of TS3...

Sometimes I feel like you got a special premium edition, my sims are pretty dumb most of the time (or I am). I always reading your posts though when it comes to these subtle little sim behaviors.
retired moderator
#3755 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:53 AM
@Deshong You are a Space Pony!
And your sims are beautiful!
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Inventor
#3756 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:40 AM
Got back after a long hiatus, not having played since October 2019.
Picking up where I left of, making families to use in the superhood I'm building I started playing Summer Frey again, a Sim based on DanicaX (ComicBookGirl19) living with her cat Mojo on a cute little houseboat in Isla Paradiso. After a few days of that I was happy with the results and save her to the bin with her boat to later being used in the SH.

Next I have the idea of a remodelled simple fisherboat, so i built it and put an elderly couple in there (Kurtis & Edna) and play them for a bit, wich turn into a 20 (in game) session to fullfill their live time wishes; Culinary Librarian & Perfect Aquarium.

Done with that I decide to do one last occupied houseboat for my SH bin and I make a family (verry) loosly based on Noah & the Ark. Dad Noah, mom Sar, teen son Ben, adopted boy child Billy, toddler daughter Polly, dog rolf, cat Sheba & a whole bunch of small pets.
I wanted to give the boat a look like Noah could've built it himself, so it looks slightly shoddy and a lot of furnishings look missmatched an improvised, finally gave me a excuse to use the phonebooth shower in a build
So like always I'm playing these guys for a week or so before saving them to the bin.

Ben is up late at night doing his homework, becuae Rolf & Sheba kept interupting him whenevr he sat down to try and work on it. While he's working on it he gets the "Investigate Mysterious Anomaly" moodlet. I've only had this happen 3-4 times ever since playing S3 and previously there would've been a much higher chance of it happening.
So Ben drops what he is doing, hops outside and onto a taxi Boat to go to an other island to watch the lights, and of course, get abducted. When he's dropped back a Police officer is waiting for him, and takes him home for braking the curfew.
Ben get's grounded for 2 days, his homework still incomplete, severly lacking sleep and in a very sour mood.
Then he gets home from school the next day and gets his TV privilidge taken away for going out for being grounded... Becuase OF COURSE that bug is still there where Sims are getting punished for going to school while being grounded... So I fire up cheats and zap that grounded moodlet.
Ben gets a invited for a date buy a girl he doesn't even really know, he goes to the park to meet up, still dead tired, and he gets stood up.... Ah Sims.....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#3757 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 6:44 PM
My wife and daughter-in-law working very hard on a new article. They've been so busy gossiping about celebrities...

...that they didn't notice the boss entering the room, checking if they finished the assignment he had given them that day

Legends say that my son wasn't born in hospital or at home, but on stage. He had been rehearsing for his performance...

...but sometimes even something you've been practising for long doesn't work and there's nothing you can do.

Me and my co-star Maria Krawczyk are ready to shoot a new scene. We have been working on this particular scene for long, so there's nothing which can spoil our hard work.

Unfortunately, our director Adam Kaczmarek didn't like the scene and made us play it again...we weren't happy about it.

He discussed everything with us. We were listening to him patiently, wishing he wasn't such an asshole.

No matter how difficult life seems, don't give up. Try one more time, tell yourself that all your effort is one, big step towards success, which is waiting around the corner.
Instructor
#3758 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysika
Sometimes I feel like you got a special premium edition, my sims are pretty dumb most of the time (or I am). I always reading your posts though when it comes to these subtle little sim behaviors.

I think we all have the same potential for the A.I. to shine but may be difficult for some to see depending on various factors. When I watch some TS3 let's plays some also catch on there's a lot more to TS3 than meets the eye. Just because something is not displayed in the U.I. does not necessarily mean it doesn't exist in TS3.

I also noticed with my Sim Andreia when I started playing her a certain way after observing her actions and reactions then she started getting wishes she never had before. It seemed like the A.I. picked up on my playstyle and wouldn't reveal certain aspects in wish form. I really enjoy Sims having their own wants/goals even though it may not be what I envisioned for them. To me, it makes the game truly a life simulator. I personally do not mind this aspect and don't care for complete control over Sims according to my wishes. It is a game, yeah, but again to me this makes The Sims unique and stands out from any other game I've ever played. I don't to play with lifeless puppets but rather characters that can actually imitate the psychology of humans.

=======

@simsample Thank you.

=======

I created a new Sim named Zuri Nazari, and I have a plan for her. But that's the funny...and interesting thing about The Sims because my plans rarely work out because there are so many variables. A scenario can have many different branching paths that I didn't even think of, lol. My Sim Yoshi did not take long at all to let Zuri know he's into her despite having a pregnant girlfriend. Though I'm not sure yet who does Zuri fancy so far? So my Sim Kibwe wants to travel abroad and go to Egypt and I figured why not take a new friend.
Screenshots

Because I'm Fragile...but I'm not "that" fragile.
Instructor
#3759 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 2:14 AM
My sims live in Lucky Palms, whose climate I consider hot desert climate like its varieties in Phoenix and Las Vegas. If I lived in these two cities or any other place which has a similar climate, I'd spend May-September in air-conditioned rooms 24/7, Go out only early in the morning or late in the evening in March, April, October, November and go out at all times from December to February. I don't envy my sims dealing with such high temperatures all year round.
Alchemist
#3760 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 8:16 PM
Well, Freya has been a bit of a rebel after she became a teen and finally decided that she needed a vacation, without her parents. They gave her permission to travel to Egypt where they have a vacation home, which originally belonged to Freya's great-great-great grandmother. She just wanted to have fun, relax and maybe explore some tombs.

Of course, when the house has been unused for many weeks, some cleaning is in order due to dust.

Field Researcher
#3761 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 6:07 AM

Tommie and Beatrice had a late night private wedding by the beach. They couldn't have a public wedding after that fiasco with Malcom cheating on Belinda with Bianca. Plus Beatrice is a loner anyway, so they just agreed to get married secretly. They come home happy but see Belinda lying on the ground dead in the living room (I was shocked!).

She tried to cast haunting curse on her sister out of spite, and it backfired on her. I'm not surprised the curse didn't work, since Belinda was a good sim, she couldn't wholeheartedly curse her younger sister...

The whole house was in mourning, while Branch (he was visiting Tommie) speaks to his buddies on the phone about what he just witnessed in the town's biggest celeb family.

Beatrice was heartbroken and vowed to resurrect her sister.

For now Belinda is sleeping in the back garden...
Instructor
#3762 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 2:11 AM
My son Jacek (50) and his wife Erwina (55) love partying all the time.

Instructor
#3763 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 9:55 AM
I finally finished putting houses down in the custom world, Salmon Woods, and have started playing. My family consists of two parents, Terrance and Alexis Armstrong who love the outdoors and are conservationists. They have a little girl named Amelia and maybe expand their family later on. The father is in the science track the mother stays at home, but im thinking of having her get into gardening since that's a thing she enjoys when she's not tending to Amelia. I absolutely love this custom world its absolutely gorgeous! I will be coming back with pictures when I can. But I love the world and how smooth it runs.
Instructor
#3764 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:09 AM
These are two images of Terrance fishing in Salmond woods. I ended up placing Summer hills fishing spot from sunset valley in one of the empty lots and well it looks good in this world.

Instructor
#3765 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Yes I have a Nvidia card, but I don't know what AO is.  What is it?

EDIT: I got curious and poked around in my Nvidia settings.  If by AO you meant Ambient Occlusion, thank you!  The difference is huge.  Below is a few test pics; I moved the light source around.

Sorry for the double post but when I look at turning on this feature it will let m do it globally but when I go to specifically the sims 3 .exe it says that option isn't available for that program. so idk.. I cut it on globally but I'm unsure if it will have an effect on my game.
Scholar
#3766 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Elynda : 12th Apr 2021 at 8:07 PM.
Lately I've been developing Sunset Valley 2 and populating it with my own sims, although there are a lot of old friends from the original SV about the place. And other families have been moving into the houses I've placed faster than I can keep track of. A lot of them included toddlers, and although I have ageing turned off for now, I decided to age a few of them up.

And this happened...

All that from a few little candles! Wtf was in that cake?

The first fire fighter had to call in backup, and it took two of them to put it out. After which they admonished me to be more careful in future. Well, I'll try not having a birthday cake incinerate my dining room again, but you can never be sure about these things.

The measly insurance payout wasn't enough to cover the table and chairs, but I replaced them and the cake and we tried again. The firemen hung around to lend their support, and for cake. So, certainly one for the family album, I think. The little girl's name, BTW, is Misty. She seemed to think it was all great fun. Happy birthday Misty!

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#3767 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 9:42 PM
I miss my game so I am glad to see your pictures everybody.
Scholar
#3768 Old 21st May 2021 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Elynda : 21st May 2021 at 5:27 AM.
I was fixing some problems with my lots in Riverblossom Hills, and I happened upon this scene...

Mr Crevis, who is butler at Dunwarren Hall, and certainly not a man known for his sunny and playful disposition, was bouncing on a trampoline in the park, accompanied by Sandra Wills one of the juniors at St Freda's Academy. The town is positively swarming with Freddians now (I recently added a fourth house, the Knights Lodge annex) and they certainly liven the place up.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#3769 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 3:19 PM
Trolling was a theme for yesterday. A party of one was added to my ignore list, then I had sim trolls show up in my game. These pics are not my usual standard as I can't stand thought bubbles and all the other junk that is over sims' heads, but these were not meant to be pretty or showy. I was trying out the Sim State Open for Business mod. The mod is awesome. Knucklehead sims, not so much.

I've never seen this sim before that I'm aware of, but if he shows up again on my sim's lot and starts slapping people, a freak accident by means of lightening bolt just might happen.
Screenshots
Theorist
#3770 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
These pics are not my usual standard as I can't stand thought bubbles and all the other junk that is over sims' heads,

First thing I do in Sims is turn off the headline effects. They ruin photos and totally ruin immersion for me. I hate them also.
Mad Poster
#3771 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 11:15 AM
Nothing

I spent over a hour yesterday playing around with the Open for Business mod. When I try to save, it crashes. I have to close out my game via Task Manager. I wasn't aware of this problem the other day as I didn't save. I was just playing around with the mod to see how it worked.

I have other things to do than sit around doing the 50 / 50 method trying to figure out what is causing the problem.
Scholar
#3772 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 1:24 AM
I just started a Random Legacy Challenge after many years. I started in Derielle, a gorgeous Twinbrooke remake.

However, I just found out that my perfect wife actually has a husband somewhere else in one of the World Adventure worlds. She was in a park and talked to him on the phone. How is that possible? As far as I know, my Woohooer setting don't allow that. Oh well, that might mean I just divorce her instead of killing her to have my second wife.

Also, my photography skill is broken, it seems. No picture has any of the categories. And my pics are only worth one simoleon at level 3 with the second level camera. I think I need to reroll the career roll. Or find out what borks my photography skill.
retired moderator
#3773 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:39 AM
I've been playing Scotty this week, he's in the Ghost Hunter profession. I haven't played this in years!

Also, a meteorite hit the town. I got the message pop-up whilst Scotty was exorcising some spirits, so I think that's why it didn't land on him.
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Page 151 of 151