Replies: 1183 (Who?), Viewed: 110795 times.
Page 48 of 48
Mad Poster
#1176 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
The funny thing for TS3 in particular is that the "route stomping" thing was totally unnecessary. If you use mods (I use two, one to remove the stomping animation and another to tweak the distance at which they can route around each other) then they route perfectly fine still and much more quickly as well. The whole clipping through objects thing in TS4 was just a lazy workaround to actually fixing routing issues.


Yes, this. I would rather use a couple of mods than look at scenes like the following...



There is something like 10-plus sims crammed into the DJ booth. This isn't a little clipping, it's obnoxious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKUd4m9mgg
Screenshots
Inventor
#1177 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 6:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
The funny thing for TS3 in particular is that the "route stomping" thing was totally unnecessary. If you use mods (I use two, one to remove the stomping animation and another to tweak the distance at which they can route around each other) then they route perfectly fine still and much more quickly as well. The whole clipping through objects thing in TS4 was just a lazy workaround to actually fixing routing issues.


You can also edit the Sims3.ini file and change the "DynamicAvoidance" values to something really small such as 0.1.

Clipping through objects is such a cheap solution for routing issues. It breaks immersion.
Mad Poster
#1178 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 10:52 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Jun 2021 at 11:31 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
Personal opinion: I rather want to have sims glitching into objects or each other (Like in Sims 4) then having them standing around, stomping their feets screaming out that they have routing failures. Sims 2 was OK, not always logical but OK. Sims 3 was horrible. I hope Paralives handles that better.

I rather not looking at that in4 DJ booth thing. The problem with routing in previous games is that it isn't improved to full realism. In TS3, they made it better but allowing sims to squeeze through more tight spots, while with TS4 they overdone where Sims literally phase one another and can't get a room. I feel like developers should look how in traffic rules, vehicles and cars prioritize to whom they give a way or take lead and use that as a blueprint to design a similar smart AI to get Paras moving when one another is in the way in tight spots/areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
...and to not being able to put furniture where we want and where it looks like anyone's normal home layout.


And yeah, I never understood where certain objects, like especially ones that are wall-hung but small, don't have a accurate collision system. Some objects that physically small enough to fit or allow Sims to walk past shouldn't block one another or cause routing problem for Sim.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#1179 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I rather not looking at that in4 DJ booth thing. The problem with routing in previous games is that it isn't improved to full realism. In TS3, they made it better but allowing sims to squeeze through more tight spots, while with TS4 they overdone where Sims literally phase one another and can't get a room. I feel like developers should look how in traffic rules, vehicles and cars prioritize to whom they give a way or take lead and use that as a blueprint to design a similar smart AI to get Paras moving when one another is in the way in tight spots/areas.


Maxis doesn't care. This has been in the game since before it was released. It was one of my first peeves about TS4 aside from the price of onions and the pink trees. I said it then and I'll say it now that if I wanted a game where characters ghost through things including each other, I'd buy a game about ghosts. I digress.

The DJ booth scene is mild compared to what a Carl's Gudie video showed. He did a video where he put 100 sims in a house. It goes without saying, it didn't go well. It showed simulation lag, how stupid TS4 sims really are and of course, running through counters is always fun to watch. SMH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKc5aszzFM
Mad Poster
#1180 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 2:09 AM
I know they don't. Tell me something new, lol.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#1181 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 6:07 AM
Imagining paras literally squeezing past each other through a tight door is hilarious and now I want that to be a thing.
Mad Poster
#1182 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 1:16 AM
Btw...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
That video was beautiful! And it shows how they will not to have to provide that many basegame objects in the beginning for us to create varied furniture. And honestly, I would be perfectly fine if the first version of the game shipped with about the same amount of furniture as Sims 1.

This ^^.... Like I was quite surprized when for a long time I installed and open TS2, I couldn't believe how very fewer objects there were in the BG than I remember, but hey - at least developers prioritize details and replayability over quantity and fancy artstyle over magority of important mechanics. It goes to show that quatity isn't (most of the time/always) everything, as in meaning the gameplay will be best

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirabook
I saw some people concerned that "The Sims is going to steal all of Paralives ideas before it can come out!"

For one, I don't think people need to be concerned about that really. Even if they DO steal the ideas, that's good for people who are still invested in new Sims products right? The Sims team would be smart to implement some of these techniques instead of the boxed in stuff they're doing right now.

I don't think it's something ppl should worry too much, because the only thing (though I swear it's one of the two, not one of one) devs have picked up and "stole" is the remove shoe feature right after gameplay glimse paralive release with first Snowy Escape, amongst many other brilliant details Paralives has realized in the game from the footage alone.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#1183 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 18th Jun 2021 at 2:21 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirabook


I love this!! They could do the same with the heights, for kisses and hugs, use key points and animate the feet and so on. I expect people walking holding hands and many group animations, I want to see everything they should have given us in 2021. Simulation of life is what will make the game good or not.
Scholar
#1184 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 12:24 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 21st Jun 2021 at 12:36 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Yes, this. I would rather use a couple of mods than look at scenes like the following...



There is something like 10-plus sims crammed into the DJ booth. This isn't a little clipping, it's obnoxious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKUd4m9mgg

The video title makes that picture even funnier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
EA took the decision not to use procedural animation - ie if you raise or lower a bathtub a sim can't get into it while a para will be able to. Procedural animations are probably more prone to looking deformed than fixed movements and object sizes, but imho more fun for the player who would rather have the flexibility than the polish. Not that EA ever did manage to get their preset animations polished! The number of sims who have simply walked into the middle of kitchen counters...


I can't wait to put that to the test just to see how elastic those para's are.
Page 48 of 48
Back to top