Replies: 12071 (Who?), Viewed: 1519977 times.
Page 483 of 483
Field Researcher
#12051 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Its The Sims 2.

oki doki thank you for the correction
Test Subject
#12052 Old 12th Apr 2021 at 7:31 AM
I learned that switching your sim to a genie in CAS changes every single outfit and leaves the undo button greyed out even when you switch back to a human. The accessories stay, but all the unsaved customized clothing and shoes didn't.

I usually remember to save before doing things like this, but I remembered it being fine with witches and vampires. I know it's pretty unlikely, but I hope it saves someone else from my mistake. I would've been so pissed if I wasn't on an SSD.
Field Researcher
#12053 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 5:36 PM
Not today, but witch was practicing magic and plumbobbs have appeared.
Lab Assistant
#12054 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 7:22 AM
I'm new to TS3 and starting with the base game. This caught my eye during the loading screen. Game came out in 2009 and was tossing around the phrase "Social Distance" like it was 2020.
Screenshots

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Field Researcher
#12055 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 6:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBow
I'm new to TS3 and starting with the base game. This caught my eye during the loading screen. Game came out in 2009 and was tossing around the phrase "Social Distance" like it was 2020.

This proves my theory that TS3 developers are time travelers, hence why we get so many time traveling aspects in the game
Inventor
#12056 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:18 PM
I found out that Maxis has some pretty archaic ideas about marriage& children.
I had a minor celebrity Sim being "accused" of having a child out of wedlock, giving her a 3 day negative moodlet. Another single female Sim that had a baby immediately rolled a wish to get married.
Really Maxis? It's not 1950 anymore.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#12057 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:35 PM
This might not be "playing" by itself but I found out that the off-lot lighting are actually textures painted over the road and neighborhood terrain.

Edited the .dds texture for this terrain chunk in Sunset Valley. This is the area approaching Pinochle Point.

Test Subject
#12058 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 2:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin
I found out that Maxis has some pretty archaic ideas about marriage& children.
I had a minor celebrity Sim being "accused" of having a child out of wedlock, giving her a 3 day negative moodlet. Another single female Sim that had a baby immediately rolled a wish to get married.
Really Maxis? It's not 1950 anymore.

Isn't the time period of Sims3 earlier than Sims2? So it kinda is older....

But NRaaS mods can remove those public disgraces.
Instructor
#12059 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Wojtek : 23rd Apr 2021 at 2:31 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Gaijin
Another single female Sim that had a baby immediately rolled a wish to get married. Really Maxis? It's not 1950 anymore.
There's nothing wrong with a single mother wanting to marry a man in order to be happy. If she finds a loving man, who at the same time turns out to be a good and supportive stepfather for her child, then why not?
Inventor
#12060 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 8:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
There's nothing wrong with a single mother wanting to marry a man in order to be happy. If she finds a loving man, who at the same time turns out to be a good and supportive stepfather for her child, then why not?

She is in a relationship with the father, they're just not married. But a woman's worth as a mother should not not be measured if she's married or not.

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Mad Poster
#12061 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 9:49 PM
The game's sensibilities, if you can call them that, are set in the idyllic world of 1950-early 60s television shows. It wasn't really like that even back then. In fact, some of us who are old enough can either attest to that or say that we wouldn't have even been born if that's the way things really were (I fall into the latter category there myself, as it so happens).

EA didn't mean to be insulting, but the parts of time and resource management that relate to things we find absurd today like being shocked and gossipy over unmarried parents or certain public displays of affection are all wildly exaggerated and part of the charm of the game. Of course some players still don't like that, but fortunately there are mods that can help soften those elements or take them away.

Or you might say that there is some evidence that in her post-TS2 years, Mrs. Crumplebottom spent some time as a game developer.
Instructor
#12062 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:56 PM
I don't think EA programmed the game taking into account one particular mindset/belief system. I believe that such wishes are simply automatic indicators of what may happen next in a particular situation, something like a sequence of events. If a sim is engaged, it's possible that he/she may want to get married soon, unless they have traits like commitment issues. If a sim has a teenage son/daughter, they want him/her to graduate from school etc. If a sim is unhappy in a relationship, he/she may want to break up etc. The game doesn't force you to fulfill those wishes or penalize you for not fulfilling them, so what's the deal? Personally, I don't treat wishes in this game seriously. I only fulfill them to get positive moodlets and collect happiness points. The TS2 system was more logical and elaborate IMHO.
Inventor
#12063 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 5:12 PM
Meh you guys are probably right.
If I came across a bit crass I apologize, it just pised me off.
Seen too many single moms IRL with poor self esteem becuase they've been looked down up on in the past. Guess it just triggered something in me.

Field Researcher
#12064 Old 5th May 2021 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_dion011089
This might not be "playing" by itself but I found out that the off-lot lighting are actually textures painted over the road and neighborhood terrain.

Edited the .dds texture for this terrain chunk in Sunset Valley. This is the area approaching Pinochle Point.

That's so creepy I don't know
Inventor
#12065 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:21 PM
Today I learned that you must make sure your sim is in a safe location, outside, before telling your sim to set off firework rockets, because the little idiots will light your house on fire.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Field Researcher
#12066 Old 13th May 2021 at 5:28 AM
I am somehow not the least bit surprised.
Field Researcher
#12067 Old 16th May 2021 at 10:14 PM
After binge watching "Hey Arnold" on Hulu, I discovered that I wish the sims had more social activities for kids like in that show; They had bike-a-thon races, mud slides, baseball fields. Don't get me wrong, I love the things kids can do on the sims, but I usually like to start my main character as a child and having them do fun things like they did on Hey Arnold would make the experience amazing!
Field Researcher
#12068 Old 18th May 2021 at 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
......I thought it was sympathetic pregnancy....

This!! Same thing happened to me and I thought it was the same thing too!
Inventor
#12069 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:18 PM
Remember the base game was supposed to come with clothing stores? Well, today I found remnants of the code:

Clothing Store part-time job:

Clothing Store rabbit hole type:
Instructor
#12070 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
Remember the base game was supposed to come with clothing stores? Well, today I found remnants of the code:

How interesting! I know EA left all sorts of remnants of things all over the code, but I would've thought the Clothing Store code would've been at the very least repurposed. It must've been a very late exclusion.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#12071 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
How interesting! I know EA left all sorts of remnants of things all over the code, but I would've thought the Clothing Store code would've been at the very least repurposed. It must've been a very late exclusion.

It was a failry late exclusion since the clothing store can be seen in promotional material as late as Nov 2008, and the game was supposed to come out on February 20, 2009.

The mesh was modified and used for the spa, which according to the rabbit hole list was the last rabbit hole added before release:
Lab Assistant
#12072 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 4:11 AM
I found out that sims who are not vampires can "examine" the special vampire bed and they have some pretty amusing things to say. It seems like these are the only reactions though.
Page 483 of 483