Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 331 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 9:38 PM
Default Lost Children?
I'm curious if anyone else experienced this?

I'm not actually looking for a solution, so that's why not posting in the help forum. But I ran into an interesting thing. It is kind of rare and random. So I play the whole world, meaning I switch between households of the whole town. Every now and then I would run into a family which has a child in the greyed out long distance part of the relationship panel. When I check the family tree, the child is actually connected to the parents. The child could range anywhere from infant to young adult, so I am guessing it aged while out of the household and I just didn't notice until I checked up on it since I play every single household.

My previous assumption is that somehow the child was put into the travel buffer when I travel to other worlds, but then the game glitched and did not copy him back to the family. It happened very rarely so it never really registered in my mind as something to pay attention to. However, lately I've been switching households more during play because I found out about NRAAS MC's "make active" function on households. And so I found a lot more of these kids in various families. Again, I thought it was just an issue with the travel buffer.... until...

There were 2 families which I have been paying specific attention to because they were sterile and not having kids. I shuffle to them often and check their family trees and they didn't have kids. Now finally both of family got pregnant and just gave birth to a kid each. However, when I checked their family trees, there was indeed another lost kid in their family. But the thing is, the lost kids in both family are already a "child" and not an infant/toddler. It means it must've been in the greyed out area since infant and grew to a kid. But I swore I checked many times, it would mean the kid was created as a child and recent and wasn't born.

Anyone else notice this? I'm kinda wondering whether to keep the 2 kids because I only allow natural born sims. But then I don't have the heart to kill them. I use NRAAS SP, but I have the children option set to 0 growth since I'm using another program to naturally produce. Also SP would create them at infant stage.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Inventor
#3 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 11:25 PM
Just so you know we aren't ignoring your question I will say I've never come across this issue. Is it possible the children are away at boarding school? I have never had the game send kids away on its own, but we all play with different setting on our nrass setups.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
Just so you know we aren't ignoring your question I will say I've never come across this issue. Is it possible the children are away at boarding school? I have never had the game send kids away on its own, but we all play with different setting on our nrass setups.

Oh I don't think anyone is actually ignoring the question b/c I do often have really weird and rare issues.

but I don't send any kids to boarding schools. I'm not really sure what the problem is except it shouldn't happen. My nraas population birthrate is turned off. It's kinda hard to catch, I had looked over dead sims family trees only to find out they had some kid that was now dead which I've never seen before because it was never married or had their own kids. I can only surmise that kid was created in the foreign pile and never put in the game.

My only other guess? Is that these sims got pregnant as NPCs while I was vacationing in other worlds. So upon return, the kid was born in the traveldb package as a foreigner and never implemented back in the homeworld.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.