Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Test Subject
#101 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 7:25 PM
Works great. What I like best about it is the fact that is distinguishes between my two child sims, one is very serious and does his homework as soon as possible, and the other doesn't tend to bother. It also gives some use for do someone else's homework (for the fun part)

Maybe for a future version, it would be cool if sims with points in Logic could do their homework faster and have more fun doing it?
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 5th Jan 2005 at 10:05 PM
The bug of not be able to get toddler to learn to walk is caused by the thinking cap, if the parent is wearing the cap while teaching the toddler walking then the bar will reset every couple sec

great work for the mod btw, im gonna test it out right now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#103 Old 6th Jan 2005 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trudy
has this been changed? :-)

I haven't changed anything about this hack in a while. No one seems to be turned off by the speed of the homework completion, so I honestly don't want to alter something that seems to work well.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 5:53 AM Last edited by Braveheart : 16th Jan 2005 at 5:56 AM.
The only thing I would like to see changed possibly Jenflower, is the message that 'so and so has no homework today' to 'so and so has homework today' so I can follow the little rats when they do have homework and watch where they put it. Please consider this if you have time. Otherwise it working just great in my game. Thanks for the mod.

I actually mentioned this before in post #32.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 1:03 PM
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but I had a hack where child sims would walk away from the bus before opening their report card. Since the nocheering hack has been updated to include this feature - will your hack work with that one?
Test Subject
#106 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 7:05 PM
I love this hack. All three of my sim kids have the "learn to study" so they get done with their homework really fast now when they have homework. That is about the best part, some afternoons no homework. It's closer to real life. I hated the homework every night maxis put in the game.

Good job.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 9:41 PM
i just wish there was a way to hunt down there homework without following them??
Test Subject
#108 Old 16th Jan 2005 at 10:10 PM
What a great hack! Thanks alot!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 10:00 PM
This is the kink of hack I love ( must be why I have like 90% of JM's hacks installed). It addresses errors and bad gameplay instead of just turning your guys into SuperSims.
Test Subject
#110 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 1:29 AM
Great Hack, but i agree with the one who said XX have homework today instead of have no homework.
And perhaps adding a feature like....i put my homework in the room i reconize to be my bedroom (1st .... desk) if not available the floor...
(sorry for my english!)
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 1:54 PM
Thank you so much for this wonderful mod, Jenflower. Seems to work like a charm. Now my A+, yet very playful student, can finish his homework by himself in less than an hour without becoming desperate with boredom
#112 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 3:09 AM
This one works great. I have it combined with the "sometimes homework" hack and no issues so far. My Knowledge sims really have fun doing their work.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:33 AM
I've been using this for a while and it rocks! Some kids still hate homework but aren't so crabby about it. I love hacks that add some realism to the game and this fits to a tee. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#114 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 5:51 AM
Well, this Hack is great, but only a few things:

I wander if you can put a randomizer so that one night a child/teen with the same grades, personality, and asperation take about 1/2 hour one night and up to 2 hours another night, depending on how much homework they receive.

Also, I would like a way to mod the bitmapped image so I can change the "handwriting" assignment on the child's homework to like a rhyming or even a math asignment? I would like to make it so that one night, the child has math homework to do, and the next night, spelling. Next night, reading.

On Teen's homework, I would like some nights to be doing homework on the computer, or even studying for a test. I would also like long term homework assignments that involve writing a paper for school that is due the following friday, or it tells you how many days you have left to finish the assignment. If the paper isn't finished, it explodes and the teen receives a 3-letter grade drop. So, a Teen can drop from an A+ to a D+! Now, that's realistic school.

Oh, and what's the chance of the kid not receiving any homework that night with this hack?
Test Subject
#115 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:35 AM
wow cool been waiting 4 this 4 ages ;D
#116 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:48 AM
Awesome..works wonders with my school sims...thx
Test Subject
#117 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:48 PM
Thank-you, that looks really cool.
Test Subject
#118 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:45 PM
it is really cool
Test Subject
#119 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:12 PM
Thank you, Jenflower! It's just as easy to just download a "nohomework" hack, but this is much better. The game gets boring if there's really no challenge to it. That's why I don't download the max mood boosters and such and only get hacks that make the game more realistic.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#120 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 6:37 AM
Cool Hack!!! Very realistic features - my sims now will be more addicted to homework )))))
Test Subject
#121 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 5:34 PM
Whow, can you hack me one of those for real life?
#122 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:13 AM
Great hack, I love it. Works great in my game.

Just one question: do you think there will be any conflicts between this hack and the new expansion when it comes out?
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 10:20 AM Last edited by conker87 : 4th Feb 2005 at 10:24 AM.
This is an excellent hack, I tried it when it just came out and loved it...
Makes Homework a lot more realistic.

Quote:
Just one question: do you think there will be any conflicts between this hack and the new expansion when it comes out?
As for this question, we really have no way to tell until it comes out. Maxis have been doing some testing with hacks, though they have found out that Custom Careers don't work with the new EP (Read About that Here). I'm not sure if Maxis have publish their findings yet, they should do though, the link should be posted here if it does...
Test Subject
#124 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 6:36 AM
this a wonderful hack, i loved using it, it made the game more life like for me my teens can get a job keep up their grade in school and the skills for the job thanks for this hacked it's just what i need!!!!

Life is what You make it!!!!!

The 1
The ONLY

Angel
#125 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:46 AM
i love this hack.
now my children can finish their homework easier without shouting they are lacking entertainment.
great job!
Page 5 of 10