Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1351 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Eh...ever since Showtime was announced I've been losing hope that we'll ever get weather in TS3. This may be the final nail in the coffin, I think EP7 would have been seasons since so many people are begging for them. If they somehow still put weather in this game they may already be trying to build up hype for TS4, which is too late.

No, what they're all too likely to do is to make Seasons the last EP (as much as I hate the idea altogether).

It frustrates me a great deal as I see Seasons as something that really should be there day one. If they want to delay it to release it in an EP, okay. They need to make money, whatever. However, to go about delaying it for several years is just flat out wrong.

Seasons is special in that it adds a cycle to your game that keeps it interesting longer. It's kind of like aging, except weather is even more random and you never know what's going to happen. It's something exciting that keeps me playing. It provides a very essential element to the game that is change so you aren't playing the same thing over and over and over and over again.

So, to have to go from having that 'luxury' in The Sims 2, to it being left out of The Sims 3 for four or more years is a bit of a major disappointment. You get used to and accustomed to having that 'luxury', and then BAM! it's gone. If it provided for you what it provided for me, it really makes the new game feeling fundamentally lacking.

And to know that EA is potentially going to completely ignore that and put Seasons as the last EP, and then pull out the rug from under us yet again with a The Sims 4 base game with eternal sunny skies and green grass/trees and then delay the Seasons EP for another five years it might just make me turn away from the series from that point on. This is clearly where a company's greed deters from the good of the game. I mean, if they want to keep it for an EP, fine, but for god's sake, please don't take five years to release it!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1352 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:18 PM
OMG! If one of the shells is a tent or caravan, I'll flip!

Actually, real, small caravans can work. I tried building a really tiny house (3x10), and if you use a loft bed you can cram a quite a few things in it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#1353 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
@aleahl213

I only speak English and French, but they're not there in French. Presumably translation happens much later in the piece.

Ok, thanks!
Retired
retired moderator
#1354 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:19 PM
I count LOTS of occults in total:

One) Witches
Two) Wizards
Three) Zombies
Lots) Werewolves
Lots) Fairies
Lots) Shapeshifter (which does not appear to be the werewolf)

(AND I STILL WANT HOUSEBOAT SHELLS MORE THAN I WANT TO BREATHE!)

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#1355 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:22 PM
We need to have Sims interact with the water first, for more than fishing.

Forum Resident
#1356 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:24 PM
Since maxis is back with the development of SimCity. I wonder if things will change in the development of Sims franchise. :/
Mad Poster
#1357 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:30 PM
Collecting honey <3
More things for my farmers to do = happier me ^_^
Mad Poster
#1358 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:31 PM
I bet it wont be in ingredient for food, but for magic stuff. :p

We should get that oven and the pantry from the Sims 1 back. Me gusta.

Retired
retired moderator
#1359 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:32 PM
That Store dev, Sarah Holding, is sharp and respectable. She doesn't abdicate responsibility, she's willing to say certain EPs and products were faulty without tiptoeing around it. She's taken down a list of all the missing stencils on the store objects via twitter yesterday and believes they can be enabled. She's careful not to promise anything she can't promise, and she's not evasive about that. She's the most professional EA staff member I've ever interacted with.

I don't think it has anything to do with SimCity. I'm not sure what it has to do with, but there does seem to be a push in some areas to bring performance up finally. I never thought I see the day an EA world came out with no routing holes.

Fairy wings effect:

Mad Poster
#1360 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:43 PM

Fairy wings effect:

AHHH! SO PRETTY!
Mad Poster
#1361 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:49 PM
O_O

It's so... beautiful...

Retired
retired moderator
#1362 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:50 PM
Matrix, I think we need a thread for "What we've seen and heard about unannounced magic EP". This thread seems... ...not quite the right place for all this. :P

There are actually 3 kinds of fairy wings. And placeholders for up to about 6 different kinds.

Instructor
#1363 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:56 PM
Bassoon, I'm TOTALLY with you. Seasons was by far and away my favorite EP from TS2. It really brought LIFE to the game, a cycle. I could put out my Xmas stuff during winter, my sprinkler during summer, etc. It really made the game come alive for me.

I was really disappointed to see that weather wasn't part of the base game for TS3 and thought surely it'll be one of the first things to come along since it was such a big game changer for TS2. But here we are towards the end and we still don't have it.

If it isn't part of the base of TS4, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#1364 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:04 PM
I was always completely against a Seasons EP, purely for the reason of having "raking leaves" and "getting sunburnt" as an activity in my game. I would much rather fly around on brooms and turn people into frogs.

But when you said the "sprinkler during summer", I remembered how much atmosphere it added to the game. In the winter, the colors became cold and grey, and in the summer they were bright and vibrant. Now I want Seasons ahh!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#1365 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:08 PM
Matrix, I think we need a thread for "What we've seen and heard about unannounced magic EP". This thread seems... ...not quite the right place for all this. :P

There are actually 3 kinds of fairy wings. And placeholders for up to about 6 different kinds.

*Devotes next 2 hours to making a thread*

Test Subject
#1366 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yannickvanloon
Oh, i love it, i posted about this on my website: http://sims3xd.wordpress.com/2012/0...-zombies-feeen/

check here

http://simsvip.com/?p=8066

And here

http://foro.capitalsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=28261
Field Researcher
#1367 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM
Man, it looks like this plus Late Night, and you can make the ENTIRE CAST of True Blood!
Forum Resident
#1368 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:35 PM
LOL, I've been missing out on True Blood since I moved. The cable doesn't have HBO in my new place.
Does the fae people in True Blood have wings?
Field Researcher
#1369 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
LOL, I've been missing out on True Blood since I moved. The cable doesn't have HBO in my new place.
Does the fae people in True Blood have wings?

No, but they can shoot magic light rays out of their fingertips! Just like
Test Subject
#1370 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:06 PM
If it will be a fairy/magic EP only, I'm gonna quit the Sims serie... Ea is just turning the Sims franchise into a bunch of crap

I miss Maxis !
Forum Resident
#1371 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:14 PM
@Frida:

I know. The last time I watched was so far back. I think Early-4th season or so. :D
The only thing missing would be Bon Temps.

As for seasons EP, what do you guys think would be the general theme of it? What do you think if it has TS1: Vacation/TS2: Bon Voyage element? Because beach volley and lodging and camping is what I missed the most from those EPs.
Top Secret Researcher
#1372 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Seth_soul
If it will be a fairy/magic EP only, I'm gonna quit the Sims serie... Ea is just turning the Sims franchise into a bunch of crap

I miss Maxis !

FYI, Maxis also produces Magic expansion in previous sims game. :P
Forum Resident
#1373 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:21 PM
Wait. Are you talking about Apartement Life or Makin' Magic?
Lab Assistant
#1374 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:33 PM
I'm still laughing at "be whacked on nose" hahah! I was never too bothered with magic in Sims 2 although it never bothered me. Makin Magic was very good though with the magic Nhood and stuff (my god the music!!). So I welcome a supernatural town! But I hope you can decide to have this "supernaturalness" turned on/off -, I never liked having a normal town and then suddenly random vampires, zombies etc clutter the area, lol.

I've actually only got Pets, and hoping for weather and seasons/supernatural-werewolfy stuff. I felt so snuffed about the lame werewolves in Sims 2. They did nothing but "howl" and walk weirdly. (I might have gotten more Sims 3 games but I'm thinking my computer cant handle it haha) OH and when are they suppose to let them bathe in the ocean, that was so weird to me that they couldn't! And I wish they had a more normal vacation-expansion but that wont happen I guess.
Forum Resident
#1375 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM
I can confirm there is a slider in the jaw section after patching to 1.32 called werewolf jaw. The skintone ramps have been changed. So either this ep coming is magic or magic like. Oh and if you patch to 1.32 your custom default skins are no longer going to work.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 55 of 67