Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1701 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:34 AM
... 4+ hours later. Here's my WIP so far:

That's with No CC (except for the roof cornice/fence). I mostly used 811 President Street - the $3-mill property linked above.
After studying all the pictures the realtor supplied... I think they are lying. The floor plan does not show bow-front windows; yet the 'front door' real-estate picture (which also shows the wrong house number) does. The back side picture - with the overgrown garden area and the plain brick/plain windows - looks more like what the floor plan suggests.

So, with all that in mind, I kinda did my own thing
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1702 Old 4th May 2021 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
TudorMan23, your mansions are great. And they would look great in my Tara neighborhood. But guess this one you won't share. Sigh

no no ill share this one once i finished
I just have way Too many WIPs right now and a couple are about ready to be uploaded! probably to that this weekend once i come up with a background story!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1703 Old 6th May 2021 at 5:27 PM
How'd that floorplan work out, Cat?

I also went back and checked out the pictures again since I didn't realize there were no bay windows on the plan. Wouldn't that make the realtor liable for false claims or untrue marketing? I mean you show up to check a home you like, with a lovely facade in a seemingly nice street, and it ends up being a completely different house.
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1704 Old 7th May 2021 at 1:17 AM
That ^ is the correct facade? I thought so - but, I didn't continue/prove my evidence. (Yet!) Thank you, now I don't have to
One would think the realtor would be in hot-water over that... Maybe people with $3mill to throw around aren't so picky?

Anyway - That one is done and photoed... I'll finish it up sometime soon. It is def. a single family home. I'm not going through all the work to revamp it into apts. *Ugh!*
...And it is considerably wider than the RL photo looks! In TS2 - a row house needs to be 10 sq wide. The Floorplan has it at about 16 ft wide, which roughly translates to a little more than 5 sq wide in the game. Sims would be stomping like mad!!!

I haven't started the $17-mill one yet. I kinda got side-tracked on another project ...you know how it is...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1705 Old 7th May 2021 at 12:47 PM
Yep, that's the actual facade. Not a single house in that street has bay windows like the ones shown, only triangular and round ones.
Why does it need to be 10 sq? I thought you could vary the width a little, as long as you have the connecting walls on either side?

#1706 Old 7th May 2021 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Why does it need to be 10 sq? I thought you could vary the width a little, as long as you have the connecting walls on either side?

10x10 Lots are the smallest possible in Sims 2, and you need Mootilda's Lot Adjuster to do that. I believe 60x60 is the largest and everything in-between has to be in increments of 10.
Mad Poster
#1707 Old 7th May 2021 at 3:23 PM
I thought you could vary the width a little, as long as you have the connecting walls on either side?

...yes. But, the lots are in 10 sq chunks, with 8 buildable/usable tiles (the edges are fidley for sim-use.) So - I could do a 5T wide house with 5T of dead space on the edges. But my practicality just won't let me do that. If I could do 2 5T houses side-by-side on one property, that would work - but I really only have 8T to build with.

I'm talking in circles, I know. Haven't had my coffee yet...

I could also do 3 6T wide houses in a 20 Sq lot (with dead edges = 20) ...but that would def be apts. and I wanted SFH. Maybe I'll do the same floor plan again as apts in this way, and make the facade look more like the one you found. ...Though, I don't think the big TS2 cement-surround windows can be put that close together without using CC versions? I'll have to play around with it a bit

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1708 Old 7th May 2021 at 4:06 PM
So is it wholly impossible to have a, say 12 sq lot, and build the house 10T wide? Or do you want to avoid that because it's a weird lot size?
I have no idea how the lot adjuster works

#1709 Old 7th May 2021 at 5:15 PM
So is it wholly impossible to have a, say 12 sq lot, and build the house 10T wide?

Yes.
Lots must be in 10X increments. Biggest is 60X60, smallest is 10X10.
It's not the lot-adjuster so much as game code. Some sizes are only possible with the lot-adjuster though...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1710 Old 7th May 2021 at 8:27 PM
Just uploaded my Twin Peaks townhouse. The upload process was so much easier!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1711 Old 7th May 2021 at 8:37 PM
Nice! That's an impressive house
I'm glad someone like the new upload wizard  - I'm not a fan (but I think it is different for TS2?) I'll get over it... *sigh

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1712 Old 7th May 2021 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Nice! That's an impressive house
I'm glad someone like the new upload wizard  - I'm not a fan (but I think it is different for TS2?) I'll get over it... *sigh

Thanks! I honestly forget when i stated the house probable about 2 years ago i think! haha

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1713 Old 9th May 2021 at 7:23 PM
Just need to make a few more tweeks to my manor and itll be ready for upload
All I need is a name for it. Help me out please and thank you
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1714 Old 9th May 2021 at 8:17 PM
Nice! How about something simple - Tudor Manor (goes with your name too)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1715 Old 9th May 2021 at 9:23 PM
Here are the floor plans:

I like Tudor Courtyard
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1716 Old 14th May 2021 at 12:55 AM
Heres the floorplan inspiration for my Tudor manor! and of course i used my own creativity
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1717 Old 14th May 2021 at 4:33 PM
OMG! Tudorman, I love this! I am different Sims builder. I'd rather made this house look as alike as it possible. Base is really great looking. I'd like not to change there nothing if I were you.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1718 Old 14th May 2021 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
OMG! Tudorman, I love this! I am different Sims builder. I'd rather made this house look as alike as it possible. Base is really great looking. I'd like not to change there nothing if I were you.

sometimes I stick to the plan as much as possible if its an historical house plan. Other times I stick with the bases and use my own creativity

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1719 Old 15th May 2021 at 7:29 PM
The President Street RowHouses are up: https://modthesims.info/d/656144/pr...of-cornice.html

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1720 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:57 PM
The President Street RowHouses are up: https://modthesims.info/d/656144/pr...of-cornice.html

Very nice Beautifully done

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1721 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:58 PM
This is one of my favorite sites for old Historic houses and plans to recreate:

https://archive.org/details/MLKeith...up?view=theater

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1722 Old 16th May 2021 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
...https://archive.org/details/MLKeith...up?view=theater

Oooo! I have that one already - downloaded the whole book! LOL It's a very interesting read. Sadly, many of the building techniques are not possible with TS2.

Would you mind if I tried my hand at the Bluebell Coaching Inn? I think I could TS2 that one pretty well - I'd like to try anyway?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1723 Old 16th May 2021 at 5:11 PM
Oooo! I have that one already - downloaded the whole book! LOL It's a very interesting read. Sadly, many of the building techniques are not possible with TS2.

Would you mind if I tried my hand at the Bluebell Coaching Inn? I think I could TS2 that one pretty well - I'd like to try anyway?

Go right ahead! You can do a few more things in the SIMS 3! but yes there are still some restrictions

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1724 Old 16th May 2021 at 7:26 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 16th May 2021 at 7:37 PM.
Oh! What if I already collected 3mln$ and ready to buy, but realise they made wrong facades for those house!!! How dare are they??
I thought myself first too. But I am stuck with my current neighborhood, so won't build.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1725 Old 18th May 2021 at 8:10 AM
Here you go @CatherineTCJD

Modern Dutch architecture from a street where a friend lived. In the side/rear pictures the homes may look somewhat wonky. That's partly intentional for individuality, but also due to homeowners expanding. It's just better to just add a new room to your 300-400K home when needed, lol.
Screenshots

Page 69 of 98