Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 4:56 AM
Default Interaction Position
I have been working on an Global Interaction between (2) sims. Everything works fine during most of the animations, except the two sims need to be closer together during a couple of other animations. Is there a good tutorial out for Global "sim to sim" interaction. Sorry if I placed this post in the wrong area.

thank you for your help.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 5:00 AM
Not sure what you mean by global interaction between sims? Is this a two-sim social you're creating? Or is this a regular interaction with two sims using the sam object?

Generally the position of sims during interactions are determined by slots, but that can vary... Not a lot of tutorials that I know of though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 2:28 PM Last edited by cbghi : 11th Nov 2007 at 2:48 PM.
two-sim social, no object is used, left mouse click on the sim you want to have the interaction with, choose the interaction, the sims then find each other and start the interaction. I guess maybe its called a global mod? It all works fine except sim b needs to be repositioned for a couple of animation that I add. Their aliment is almost correct they just need a little fine tuning.
In SimPE the BHAV has an OpCode in the Socail Globals (2030) Get in Temp 0 - Distance to Other Sim. I tried this but was unable to change the distance. I also found in the Oprands instruction wizzard Anim Offset X, Anim Offset y and Anim Offset z. I not sure how this works. I trying to reposition the sim on his or hers Tile before the animation starts or during, which ever way is easier. I have notice that on several different animation, the sim can be located at either the front of thr tile, center or back.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 9:53 AM Last edited by Echo : 12th Nov 2007 at 10:09 AM.
Ah, yep. I think I understand now.

You can set the distance between the sims by editing the "Person A" interaction, to assign a value to the social's attribute 0xA ("Routing Distance"). You can get the values for it from BCON 0x2002 in the social semiglobals - "SG - Routing Type". This must happen in the Person A interaction since Person B has a wait on Person A, and it needs to be run before the call to "Common Entry - Person A"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 2:54 AM
Thank you very much I give it a try
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 6:16 PM
Ok I tried what I thought that you ment. I could be very wrong. I pretty new to this and have been lucky so far. This what i put in [prim 0x0002] Expression (My attribute 0x000A ("Routing Distance") -= Const 0x2002:0x05 (Value: 0x0005)) ? But it did not work. Its in the Interaction Person A BHAV Before the common entery
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 6:58 PM
I thought Sims interact with each other using a specially spawned invisible social object as their focal point? Maybe that has the slots they are meant to stand in for the interaction? I am just guessing.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Echo : 15th Nov 2007 at 10:18 AM.
cbghi - Ooh, so close! You need to change the "-=" to a ":=".

Inge - All socials spawn new objects with the code in them, but for most two-sim interactions they actually stay out-of-world and route to specified "global" slots (basically, they route towards each other until they get to a certain distance, or so it seems to me...). 3+ sim socials, or socials where the destination has some conditions, they set up new objects with slots I think.

For the average two-sim social though, you can specify which global slot they go to (and thus the distance apart,) by setting a value from 0 to 5 in the social's attribute like I mentioned before. It gets read back and used in the semi's via the "Common Entry" functions.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 9:59 AM
Oh so the simmies are just that little bit more self-sufficient than I gave them credit for. Thanks for the explanation.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 12:48 AM
Thanks again Echo, works great. I did have One other thing wrong, its needs to be "Stack Object's attribute" not "My attribute" or is the "My attribute" fine tuning and the "Stack Object's attribute" rough tuning of the position?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:13 AM
Yep, you're right, it was "Stack Object's Attribute". My attribute would try to set something on the sim, Stack Object's Attribute sets a value on the social object. So you're completely correct. Congrats getting it working!