Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 2:42 AM
Default Accesories and Globals
I searched this site, and other sites, and seen no mention of modding, and cloning accessories like the MP3 player, cell phone, and handheld gaming system. After a lot of time and effort I've convinced my self that they're different than objects you just get threw buy mode.

I just now got into the Sims 2, and modding. I use to do submissions for The sims mall website years ago though, so I have grasped the general concept.

Anyway I've been working on a cloned cell phone today that has the features of the original with the addition of a pie menu option that maxes out attributes like hunger.

I have noticed the Accessories globals aren't all that need to imported. I think the Accessories, and Phone globals, are suppose to be imported. I also can't figure out how to get the new cellphone displayed in the kiosk. It's identical except for the GUID, and display information.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm overwhelmed by all the hexadecimal and ID cross referencing to be honest.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 5:21 AM
You're right, the kiosk objects are very different from regular objects, which is why there's not a lot about them around.

You can't import more than one set of globals in an object, so whichever one the existing phone is importing is the correct one for you. Most of the mobile phone's actual behaviour won't be in the phone though, the adding of a phone to a sim is done through tokens.

I have a feeling that the code which allows a sim to call on their mobiles is in the sim's person code, and being called as a social interaction against themselves. The social would have a "has mobile phone" check in its guard function, so it would only be available if the sim had purchased the phone.

As for getting stuff to show up in the kiosk, this is just a cursory observation, but it looks like the kiosk is looking for objects with a group id of 0x002D and a "CT - SE Kiosk Item" BHAV. Have you got both of these in your clone?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 12:09 AM
Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for replying!

I couldn't find out how to change the group ID in the latest GUI version of SimsPE. All I could do was highlight it in the box with my cursor. I also couldn't find the Kiosk BHAV you mentioned in the main objects package, so I couldn't export it for use in my package.

I'm sure someone out there knows how to mod the portable accessories but I've Google hacked and searched communitys without even seeing mention of the possibility of modding the portable things you buy out of kiosks.

Also has anyone ever written a Sims modding reference manual with hex values and ID references in it? I've seen various hex values and directory maps explained in various places, but a reference manual really needs to be written for modding through SimsPE. I know logically there has to be a way to cross reference where you can find a objects resources and dependencies just by looking at the hexadecimal parameters.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 2:47 AM
You change the group ID by selecting the file, opening the Resource tab, changing the value, then hitting "Force Commit".

"CT - SE Kiosk Item" functions exist in the accessories's local resources, I cloned the phone and it was already there. The phone clone has a lot of self-referencing GUIDs though, that's probably your first issue:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=127742

If you fix all of those, you *should* find it shows up in the kiosk (but I haven't actually tried it). You won't get any extra pie menu entries on your sim by buying it, you'll need to create a custom social to get those, but it should show up in the kiosk at least.

I'm not sure what you're asking for, cross referencing wise... But there's the Finder built into SimPE which lets you search for files by their CRES name/type/property values, and the Object Finder which comes with PJSE which lets you find items by guid or partial name. If both of those fail, there's always the filter which isolates specific TGIs within the current package.