Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
I found that my game always stuters at 1am through to 2am then carries on as normal... has this happended to anyone else..

Yeah it happens to me too. 1259 on the dot every single night, my game hangs for a moment. Which is lame but OH well.

I noticed that my neighbours KICK ASS! Whenever I am robbed (which is often for some reason) my next door neighbour (who one of my sims is best friends with) comes around and smacks him round a bit. However my cop sim never did a single thing >.>
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:19 PM
I never have been robbed at all. I'm almost jealous.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
I discoverd that sims will plan out their lives depending on their age. For example, when you first play the altos, they are not far off becoming an elder, and therefore, will not try to have a child. If you then switch to epic lifespan, left to their own devices, in my game, they had 3 more children.

I also discovered that banging on a toilet for an hour and a half with a hammer will make it clean itself.
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:26 PM
...I had played the game maybe a week before learning about the whole Story Progression toggle bug. When I got around to playing the Roomies, I discovered that Cycon3 had developed romantic interests for Fiona McIrish AND Yumi Sekemoto. Cripes.
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
Just found out that my legacy founders girfriend (Heather Crosby from Riverview) is pregnant with her ex husbands baby.. Out of all women.. Thanks, EA!
Field Researcher
#131 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niloc
I discovered today that babys wonder the streets on there own, i have no idea where this baby was going , i had my camera follow it for 4 blocks it stoped now and then to sit and have a cry then off it would go again lol.

mm maybee i should have had my sim pick it up to see if i could keep it lol, i was on my Vagabond challenge sim at the time though. i can hardly keep her alive let alone a baby

Wtf, that happened to me too! And it was the same baby o__O It was crawling around at the streed, and it was far from all the rest of the houses! Creepy baby...

ingeborgsk
Mad Poster
#132 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
I had my guy order pizza, after the pizza was payed, the pizza man said he's all done in here and will go. My guy goes inside, while the pizza man goes to the outhouse window and stares inside. Then my guy got an autonomus "shoo peeping sim" interaction. :D
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I had my guy order pizza, after the pizza was payed, the pizza man said he's all done in here and will go. My guy goes inside, while the pizza man goes to the outhouse window and stares inside. Then my guy got an autonomus "shoo peeping sim" interaction. :D

You can peep inside other people's houses too. And I think you can shoo people doing the same on queue. It's only natural.
Instructor
#134 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
Yeah it happens to me too. 1259 on the dot every single night, my game hangs for a moment. Which is lame but OH well.

I noticed that my neighbours KICK ASS! Whenever I am robbed (which is often for some reason) my next door neighbour (who one of my sims is best friends with) comes around and smacks him round a bit. However my cop sim never did a single thing >.>

It's when the game rolls the random numbers to decide what happens with story mode.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:07 PM
I have this couple and the girl is finally a rock star, and her husband (which was mrs crumblebottom's love interest and i stole him from her ^^ ) went to the music theater, wanted her to sign autographs, then her husband sat down next to sam sekemoto? (forgot the last name) and wanted to CUDDLE WITH HIM AND SAM REJECTED HIM AND like other 2 sims walked to him and started scolding him for such creepy behavior, I WAS SHOCKED IN DISBELIEF , all i could do is keep controlling the girl and keep signing autographs and he was trying to hit on another guy! I think her husband doesnt have his gender preference set up maybe? is this somethign we can do in the game because thats just wrong, and yes, Fabiola is very mad at him
Test Subject
#136 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:13 PM
I discovered what appear to be Dolphins in the sea!!!!

more pics @ pixelplayground
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:05 AM
I realized that you could tell on another sim if you catch them cheating!!! And if you are cheating, you can confess if you are family-oriented. Loves it!!
Scholar
#138 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:04 AM
In Sims 1 and 2, if I wanted my sim to meet a specific other sim, I had to jump through all kinds of ridiculous hoops, and even then, there was no sure thing. In Sims 3, when I created a hottie to potentially hook my active sim up with, she just had to walk (run) over and ring his doorbell and introduce herself. Yet one more reason to love the seamless neighborhood! :lovestruc

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
MATERNITY CLOTHES!

I have only tested this twice BUT if you design your mom with all items that can be used as maternity clothes, they will keep their same clothes when they get preggers!

I have my barefoot and pregnant sim dressed in the typical dress that pregnant sims are put in for everyday and her nighty, her work out clothes are the zip up jacket and sweats, I made her bathing suit and formal different and those are the only two that changed when she got pregnant.

It's not perfect but at least I have some control for what my sim is going to look like!

c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run
Test Subject
#140 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:44 AM
That not every sim is the same age when you first create them.
Sorry if I'm a lil late on this.

I made to young Adults, boy and girl.
When i went to go play them the male had 18 days till they turned to adult, and the girl only had 14.
Theorist
#141 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dundoniandood
I discoverd that sims will plan out their lives depending on their age. For example, when you first play the altos, they are not far off becoming an elder, and therefore, will not try to have a child. If you then switch to epic lifespan, left to their own devices, in my game, they had 3 more children.

Hmm, the Altos had another baby in my game with the lifespan set to normal. It was a girl called Sonja, and really very ugly, especially by the time she was a teen. I was very annoyed to find her in their house, I didn't think they would be stupid enough to have another baby.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
#142 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
I found out that inappropriate sims will pee in the pool.
Scholar
#143 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hardin4188
I found out that inappropriate sims will pee in the pool.

YES! I was wondering how i could get my sims to do that. Thanks!

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#144 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:19 AM
That even though you can't see into your work places, if you zoom slowly you can see the interior.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:26 AM
Actually, if you switch into Tab camera mode, the buildings won't fade at all and you can move the camera inside to see everything.
Field Researcher
#146 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:18 PM
I discovered that male sims can have babies, one of my male sims married a guy from the hood every time his mom would call or on the family tree I would notice he was just a floating head turns out he was pregnant, they're not part of the active family so I thought it was neat that they were now on their third child all on their own.

smile:D
Field Researcher
#147 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aree
Actually, if you switch into Tab camera mode, the buildings won't fade at all and you can move the camera inside to see everything.

Cool, gotta go try this. thanks.
Instructor
#148 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
I learned that a sim already in a relationship who is invited to a friends house will not mind staying the night and woohoo if asked, even if there is no romantic interest. I dont mind them being promiscuous but I dont like how it makes them feel somewhat indifferent.
I also learned that sims not react when another sim is smelly.
Makes me think they worked a lot more on interactions in the Sims 2...

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Field Researcher
#149 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:57 PM
I learned today that even if there is no stereo but a guitar in the room instead that is NOT being played, my Sims will still have the Listening to Music moodlet.
Forum Resident
#150 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
I also learned that sims not react when another sim is smelly.

They do. They react and get a disgusted moodlet.
Page 6 of 490