Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 8:08 PM
Okay.
I'd done everything, but when I go into the game, they are soooooo small.
Do you know what happend?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 3:57 PM
wow ... i never knew it was so simple ... thanks
Test Subject
#128 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 8:24 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 7th Jul 2006 at 4:41 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Quote: Originally posted by coffeehedake
.... All of my source video is in Microsoft WMV format ... I found a converter online, but it's not free...

Try Super http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html video converter. It will read even badly damaged files in just about any format and save them as any size and/or format. Best part is the price free

Quote: Originally posted by gapikm
In .movie files you mean .mov that you can open in Quicktime, right?...

.movie is a proprietary format by EA Games.
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php...tronic_Arts_MAD

Quote: Originally posted by radiophonic
...the DIVX tray icon will force your game ...no way to disable ...

I wonder what would happen if you gave the file a different extension not associated with the DIVX player? If I get some time I will try it.

Quote:
Why do I have to learn about digital numbers? I will never do anything with a computer. (Me; 9th-grade math; 1969)
Test Subject
#129 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 12:37 PM
ThanX! this is great now i can watch shows
Test Subject
#130 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:40 PM
i finally got it working past without the blue screen but the channel is still called insimanator broadcast ibn does anyone know why?
Test Subject
#131 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 10:36 AM
i actually managed to do it

flashing blue screen : get rid of it by changing the channel pointer things on every sims 2 ep and the original

channel saying insimentor instead of your own : i think youve got to translate it even if its uk engilish thts what i did i changed it from english to uk probobaly which ever language you instaled it as
Test Subject
#132 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 3:57 PM
Very useful, my sims love to watch Tom Goes to The Mayor.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 3:37 PM Last edited by theusedrocks : 5th Sep 2006 at 3:44 PM.
erm...my screen keeps flashing blue and i have university, nightlife, open for business and family fun installed...must i modify all the expansion files as well?

i've read all the other posts but i still don't understand how to modify the config files and all...sorry. i'm pretty slow at this...
Test Subject
#134 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:39 PM
No New Channel!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Eric
Hi everyone,

I put together an example television channel and a simple tutorial on how to create and add your own custom television channels to the Sims 2...

Ok so... I have been at this for a few days... hours at a time sometimes. At first I didn't get any of it. I went to the SimPE website, registered myself. My SimPE program was timing out whenever I requested a new GUID.

But finally a break through today! It gave me a new GUID. No glitch, no error message.... no time out.

But get this, STILL NO NEW CHANNEL!!

Now Eric, I have read your posts and all the posts here inside and out. I still do not have my channel. It seems like it's impossible for me to have a new channel because of how badly I want it. I need a better walk through, because what I have been reading of "your guidelines & explanations" aren't good enough for me. And get this! I am computer savy... and I have followed your instructions, but I have gotten no luck. One freakin channel is all I want!! One!!

Someone... message me on AIM please and walk me through this. I have Sims 2 on PC. There is something I am missing, I know it. I've done every step.. where am I going wrong?

Thanks.

Mariounne
Test Subject
#135 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Delphy : 12th Sep 2006 at 12:52 PM.
For people needing for help, read this
For people needing for help

Hey guys, I'm new here. For people in trouble, try this tutorial:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Sims_Sen...p?showtopic=277

The problem is that you only can change the name and the menu using SimPE, the rest is (almost) everyting done. For more instructions, go to the site tutorial.

But something funny happened: by the tutorial, any of the "Broadcast" files on the expansion pack folders can be used, because of this text:

"You have to paste this line:
#=tvstation_StationName
With the # symbol indicating whichever number happens to fall next either into:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\broadcast.ini for just the original Sims 2
or into
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\insert expansion pack folder here\TSData\Res\UserData\Config\broadcast.ini"

The Bold part tells that any expansion pack folder can be used, because there isn't no limitacions.

Prove : I tryed to use the OFB broadcast.ini file and it worked !

But the chanel will be callet StationName and the menu is "Change To.../StationName", what isn't problem to English Simmers, but for others languages (ex: Portuguese, my language :P), there will be 2 menus: The StationName menu and their language menu, with the others channels ...

Using Eric's tutorial, you can change the name and menu, but you're having problems with Eric's tutorial... click here.

The Cmaniac

(Sorry by my bad English... )

Edit by Delphy to standardise text. Note that this exact same stuff is in Eric's tutorial in the first place so please read that first.
Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 8:29 PM
I....I con't do it.....I'm so pathetic. xD
Test Subject
#137 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 4:19 PM
LOL, i fell at the first hurdle. I can't even find the object data screen to in the first post! Doh!
Test Subject
#138 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 4:24 PM
I testet everything! My Avi Files dont work.I have a custom channel and movie files working in it. But not avi.I converted my source-files with virtual dub in 128*128 ,vp6 codec and encoded audio,15fps....! Where is the Problem? What name must the avi Files have?
Test Subject
#139 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 5:51 PM
Hey, just wondering how you'd go about making a station that increases a sim's skill, much like the cooking channel. It'd be cool to have channels that increase logic, creativity, etc.
Test Subject
#140 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 2:04 AM
Brilliant tutorial, cheers!
Test Subject
#141 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Reeman93 : 14th Nov 2006 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Hey, this is the fist thing I'm doing with SimPE. What should I change the GUID to? I have all expantions exept nightlife if that matters.
Test Subject
#142 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 4:27 PM
I don't understand anything... the names isn't the same in my SimPE... I have the newest which works with Pets. And what should I change the GUID to?
Test Subject
#143 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for the tutorial. Just a few more things I would like to say, you can create your own commercials by changing the commircial directory and also can you find a way to do this to a radio please.

ColemanSystems Expansion Package coming soon!
(ETA 14th November 2007)
Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:54 PM Last edited by ncagl280 : 10th Jan 2007 at 1:35 AM.
Okay, my question is about editing the channel's attraction for various age groups. What is this channel based on? The Yummy Channel? Is it possible to go into the package and edit the attraction data?

My channel is a LifeStyles type channel with news of my wealthiest and greatest- what their wearing and where they live, etc. I want the appeal to be for adult and elder sims. The Sims Broadcast Channel would probably work if I had the channel has to be cloned.

I can't tell you how much this adds to my game. Thank you!

Also, to those having problems with this, don't forget that the numbering will have changed with the addiction of new channels in the new expansions. You may want to check out this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=127958 as it has information about how that channel is installed and there are a lot of useful questions and answers.
Instructor
#146 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 10:48 AM
cheers for that man, this is gonna be sweet
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 11:14 PM
i cant find where the heck the whole "custom television channel" thing is. do i need to download something first? i need help! ( p.s. i just joined recently and know this is kinda old tutorial)
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 12:45 AM
mine too. i dont understand how to get my movies on the tv channel cause i dont know how to make the folder. do i just make up a folder and put the movies in there? please help
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:50 AM
Umm its kinda weird i have my video for my channel and i think i followed it carefully but my movie can't play, EVEN NOT ON THHE SIMS2 THEY DON'T WORK IN MY DOCUMENTS! and i have 2 really bad errors the flashing blue screen and it dosent say what i want it to say, and where do you put your movies?

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
Test Subject
#150 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 5:41 AM
I only get blue flashing blue screens.
I know it is not codec as my computer can play all the files before and after conversion perfectly fine. The files are in "\My Documents\EA Games\Sims 2\TSData\Res\movies\broadcast\TvMovie" (the folder I made), and just in case I put them in "c:\program files\EA Games\Sims 2\TSData\Res\movies\broadcast\TvMovie" and in downloads previously as :"Broadcast\TvMovie" and currently as "Movies\Broadcast\TvMovie" I put the .package files we were supposed to have made in downloads folder and edited the .ini file as indicated. Why doesn't it appear?

The Imperial Everend
Page 6 of 11