Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
so...does this warrant a mod update?

YES!

So don't update yet if you have mods such as Twallan's mods that will need to be updated to work with the new patch.

Also this will probably obsolete a lot of one-off mods or some of the features of large comprehensive mods (such as Twallan's MC or SP)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morphius1
I....must....wait.....for.....Twallan.....to.....update.....first....!

^^

THAT!
Scholar
#53 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm waiting for Twallan too. I am SO EXCITED though! Seriously!!
I have never played Ghost hunter profession, because by the time I got AMB it was already broken, and I'd forgotten that the spinning in doorways wasn't a feature I'm so used to it. Although it definately got worse at patch 1.48.
I'm so excited I can't even remember what else they're fixing!

Oh, but smartphones? My simmies have the blue Nokia Lumia the same as mine, I wonder if that will still work? It's essentially clothes for a phone, so it should, right?
But texting?! In this patch?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
Seriously? I'm excited. I never call anyone, but I'm constantly texting. I wonder what the animations will be like though? I thought that it (both smartphone and texting) would come with UNI, and then be released through patch after (like swimmable oceans)

Ohhh I can't possibly go into my game anymore! *Goes to sit on NRaas site all night constantly refreshing*

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Scholar
#54 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:47 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 19th Feb 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Holy Farking Shite on a Sesame Seed Bun, Batman! They fixed stuff!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:52 PM
the swimmable oceans patch actually came before seasons was released.
Instructor
#56 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM
Yes! Now, just fix those werewolves...those werewolves...and I'll be a happy simmer. :p

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:05 PM
They need to fix all autonomous unstoppable interactions such as the "scold" and "harass" interactions introduced by Generations. I'd like my elder sims to be able to own and ACTUALLY USE a cane (and the "southern gentleman swagger") without turning into a crazy old man (or woman) who screams at passersby for no reason whatsoever. That is sooo insulting. I should sic the AARP on them.

They fixed sooo much, but I guess I'm just greedy and have the crazy notion that software you've bought and paid for ought to WORK, LOL!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:07 PM
They added a terrain paint from Showtime. Like... why? The other two, I like. I like a lot. Both Sand.

Also, the air conditioners and fuse box aren't free, like before. They are cheap, though.

We can now recolor the dumpster.

The traffic light is the same as before, only silver.

We have an even lot market, which is like the seasonal lot market, except it changes the lot between two different layouts, and an addition one for school orientations. Looks like an EP item slipped in.

There's also a performance jig that got in. It does nothing of use.

Edit:

Garbage flies out when you dumpster dive. It also kills your hygine.

The Pets roof is still missing.

You can find bugs in the dumpter. (I got a firefly). None of the furniture looks old, though. It's the same price.

DD doesn't make you tired. You can probably furnish a home if you wanted. You do get nauseous.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:14 PM
Bummer on the roof. Figured they wouldn't put it in this patch. Now do I have to wait until June to get the roof back?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:19 PM
Specified Sims Locking per door is here, and set bed ownership. We have apartments everyone.

Field Researcher
#61 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They added a terrain paint from Showtime. Like... why? The other two, I like. I like a lot. Both Sand.

Don't care that much about terrain paint, CC for that abounds and some of it is quite good. I already have way more sand in-game than I can use, LOL!

We can now recolor the dumpster.

Good, good. Now I can have really crummy looking dumpsters in the junkyard and homeless camp I'm building.

We have an even lot market, which is like the seasonal lot market, except it changes the lot between two different layouts, and an addition one for school orientations. Looks like an EP item slipped in.

There's also a performance jig that got in. It does nothing of use.

What's an "even lot market" and what's a "performance jig"?

Garbage flies out when you dumpster dive. It also kills your hygine.

Eeeeexcellent. My homeless sims will be more realistic, if not happier.

You can find bugs in the dumpter. (I got a firefly). None of the furniture looks old, though. It's the same price.

Dang their hides, I KNEW It was too good to be true!

The furniture should come out old and battered, if not actually broken, and you should be able to repair it if your handiness skill is high enough.

*saaaaaad*
Theorist
#62 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:27 PM
Specified Sims Locking per door is here, and set bed ownership. We have apartments everyone.

So proper apartment's can be made? Wow, big addition to gameplay. BIG.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#63 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:30 PM

I already had that capability with MoDoors. Bed ownership has never been a problem for me, once my Sim has once slept in the bed they always return to it. Has that been a problem for others? Getting sims to actually use their DESKS, on the other hand, has been a HUGE issue for me to the point where I no longer bother to put a desk in their rooms - no point in it if they won't use it anyway.

I'd be surprised if the way they have implemented door locking is as good as what MoDoors does for you. I'll be happy to BE surprised, but I'll be surprised if I get surprised over that particular issue, LOL!

Now if there are modifications made to the way money is handled that allow for non-owner renters and multiple households (with separate finances) on the same lot, that's a different issue ... or even if they've implemented an "official" way for a Sim to become a landlord and own and maintain rental properties ...
Field Researcher
#64 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
So proper apartment's can be made? Wow, big addition to gameplay. BIG.

Not unless they've modified the way financial issues are handled. Hopefully they have done something so that multiple households in the same building have separate finances/banking accounts (and get separate bills).

To me its not a "proper apartment" if you can't have more than one playable family in the building, and not just NPCs with empty dark spaces in the other "apartments".
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:34 PM
Door Locking is Simple: Click on the door, and the game asks you who you want to lock the door for. Select a series of a Sims, and presto: Apartments.

Theorist
#66 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Oh, but smartphones? My simmies have the blue Nokia Lumia the same as mine, I wonder if that will still work? It's essentially clothes for a phone, so it should, right?
But texting?! In this patch?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
Seriously? I'm excited. I never call anyone, but I'm constantly texting. I wonder what the animations will be like though? I thought that it (both smartphone and texting) would come with UNI, and then be released through patch after (like swimmable oceans)

Texting was not implemented in the patch. I'm in my game now and no texting option there yet. It's still the Blackberry phone.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:37 PM

wonderful news.....
Field Researcher
#68 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:39 PM
Door Locking is Simple: Click on the door, and the game asks you who you want to lock the door for. Select a series of a Sims, and presto: Apartments.

Except what happens if you call a babysitter over? Can she get in? Will she go to the RIGHT apartment? Will she stay inside until you get home? Ditto other service NPCs. Can you lock out all papparazzi? There's a lot of issues here - possibly they've given you the option to let in specific NPCs and exclude others, I don't know.

MoDoors already did this, and more, for me. I'll be happy to see it in-game if it doesn't remove any of the capabilities I already had, but it won't do much good if they haven't also modified finances to allow for separate households on the same lot, and/or to allow sims to become landlords.

One can hope.
Theorist
#69 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:43 PM
WHOAH, WHOAH, WHOAH, wait, EA got rid of the beloved continuous wishes for pillow fighting?!?! POURQUOI!
Inventor
#70 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lots of people
various forms of "not updating until Twallan updates his mods"

I hear you. I love using Twallan's mods. I also love playing the latest patch. So what should I do? Well, what I probably should do is wait, but what I actually do is use AnyGameStarter 3 to make a vanilla game folder and just play that one until Twallan updates. In fact, sometimes I play vanilla even if Twallan's mods are updated, either as part of a challenge or to continue the aforementioned vanilla game.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema

That's an amateur. Professional dumpster divers fully enter the dumpster.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:49 PM
Already lurking around on Twallan's site and SimsAsylum. *Must resist updating untill mods are updated* >_<
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:50 PM
Got the Steam version of Sims and it decided to begin patching without even asking. I don't have any mods so I didn't stop it. Glad I dropped in here because I had no idea what I was in for.
I am happy to report that nothing has been broken by it... at least not yet. Haven't had a lot of time to look closer, so I guess I should do that now.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 9:54 PM
Yeah, definitely waiting for Twallan and Awesomemod to update first.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 10:15 PM
Considering my birthday's in 4 days....THANKS FOR THE DECENT BIRTHDAY PRESENT, EA!

My machinima music series "Had I Known" *four years in the making* will be well underway......as soon as I get a computer that will run TS3 properly! •sigh• But it'll be soon! :)
Page 3 of 11