Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#151 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Robin, when you patch you have to take out all mods and wait for the mod maker to update them or verify that they are compatible with the new patch before putting them back again. Outdated mods can cause all sort of glitches in your game. That is why I left mine out while I was testing things.

I should know that but it's only a minor bug so i thought it was not from mods.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#152 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Exactly. I think the whole code is not there, the rest is coming with the EP. That patch is only small pieces of it, only to prepare the base game for the new features.

That would be odd for EA to do so, since they have never broken up the code in that manner before.

This Patch is [University]. It contains all the coding to handle all the functionality EA has mentioned.

And I did not say the roommate system was "crap". I suspect it will work very well for what it was designed to do : Handle roommates while at University.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#153 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
A proper Dean Winchester sim would master the Alchemy, and hunt supernatural creatures with stocks of potions.

A supernatural hunter career, Ambitions style, would get me to reinstall Supernatural .

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#154 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Mera Benzema : 21st Feb 2013 at 7:32 AM.
I didn't know Graham was at NRAAS forums! Here's a post from him talking about fog emitter:
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Are people still confused about the changes made to the fog emitter? I'll attempt to clarify...

The original problem with the fog emitter was caused because the object was exclusive to Ambitions, and was moved from Ambitions to the base game so that all players could use it without having Ambitions installed. The fog emitter was never intended to be used in the way that the community did (creatively spawning any FX on a lot), so the engineer that moved it wasn't aware that it'd be important to preserve any versions of the object pre-placed on lots. None of our designs mentioned it, and from our perspective fog emitters were always placed by code related to specific game play features, not pre-placed on lots.

Due to this, when 1.42 was released any of the Ambitions fog emitters that players had placed on lots disappeared and no longer played their FX. As far as the game was concerned, the Ambitions fog emitter simply no longer existed. 1.42 also came with the new base game fog emitter that everyone has access to no matter which expansions are installed.

If you've placed a fog emitter from buydebug on a lot since 1.42 came out, this update doesn't affect you at all. The base game fog emitter is still there, and still fully functional.

If you had used a lot with the Ambitions fog emitter since 1.42 was released, you would have lost those FX. You can now fix this by redownloading/reinstalling that lot. Any lot that's on the exchange or saved with an Ambitions fog emitter on it will now properly transition the object from the Ambitions fog emitter to the base game fog emitter (as well as preserving the FX that were set to play on it) when that lot is placed back in the world. Thus... this issue only affected you if you had been playing after installing 1.42 with a lot you created or downloaded that had an Ambitions fog emitter built into it.

That's hard to boil down into a short bullet point in a patch note =) If you have any lingering questions about it, feel free to ping me on twitter - @SimGuruGraham

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message...?o=260#60552868
Scholar
#155 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:22 PM
Blimey... The GrahamGuru gets about, doesn't he?

Re: the roommates situation - if the system is designed to only handle roomies while at Uni - and only Uni - why the heck did EA keep mentioning the fact you can have renters in your homeworld, if the system is not meant to do that?
I, for one, don't want to have roommates suddenly become playable once I switch homes - or disappear altogether! *grump*

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#156 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:23 PM
I keep getting the invalid file when I am trying to install the patch I've never had issues updating before.
Test Subject
#157 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:27 PM
Any word yet on the mac version of the patch?
Mad Poster
#158 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:31 PM
i do not see an option to zone a residential lot as an 'apartment' lot instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#159 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Rain drops from roof edges now fade out along with the roof.

What was wrong with the rain before? I haven't noticed anything at least.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Re: the roommates situation - if the system is designed to only handle roomies while at Uni - and only Uni - why the heck did EA keep mentioning the fact you can have renters in your homeworld, if the system is not meant to do that?

From what I recall, they did not hype that functionality very much, during the run-up to release. This was probably the reason.

You can certainly use it while in the homeworld, just don't switch households. I mean, how many users really do that anyways ?

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Retired
retired moderator
#161 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:25 PM
They didn't hype it, but I do feel misled by replies like this one I got from SimGuruBritt: https://twitter.com/SimGuruBritt/st...495790255984640

I know she didn't say enough to seriously mislead me - in fact what she said is fundamentally true. But certainly there's an element of nasty omission here, or there feels to be.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#162 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i do not see an option to zone a residential lot as an 'apartment' lot instead.

The idea that there are apartment type lots comes from this report:

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...&postcount=1695

Quote:
So... I'm here... peering through the gameplay files, since this is the Uni patch:

Here are the official lot types, to alleviate speculation:

Residential
-Apartment (Yes, actual apartment lots. What they do, no idea, I'm still looking.)

Commercial
-Dormitory (University Only)
-Fraternity (University Only)
-Sorority (University Only)
-Student Union
-"Rebel Hangout"
-"University Hangout"
-Hobby/Nerd Shop
-Arcade
-Coffee Shop (a new lot, not a remake)
-"Group Science Park" (University Only)

Some of us are hoping these will finally allow us to implement multi-family dwellings without having to bend over backwards and use mods to move money around to pay pretend "rent".

However I suspect (and fear) that they probably correlate to being able to rent a house in UL and will NOT add gameplay capabilities for renting/landlord scenarios or even an apartment as simple as a duplex.

I think some people got too excited over that report in combination with the idea of "roommates" and whatever limited door-locking capabilities EA has added to the game. Heck, I'm pretty cynical about the whole thing and I have to admit to feeling a flutter at the thought.
Top Secret Researcher
#163 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:28 AM
Well, I skipped over the "best" part really, since I thought it prudent not to poke too many holes in their system.

Roommates have infinite money to spend. Since a household only has one bank account (aka Family Funds), EA wisely chose to not have your roomies spending your money, however they are simply given a bottomless money pit from which to spend.

It is going to wreak havoc with [StoryProgression], and I will probably need to outright deny those sims progression when dealing with money matters. :P

Mad Poster
#164 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:39 AM
Maybe they'll fix it. Eventually.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#165 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:49 AM
It is by design. I doubt they will fix it.

Rather, they will create a brand new system that does not mesh properly with the old one. I think EA has a lot of turnover in their programming department, not many people are still around that remember what the existing systems actually do.

Test Subject
#166 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:52 AM
Help... I tryed downloading the new patch from the launcher and no luck got error msg so I tryed downloading the supperpatch and still no luck..someone PLZ Help....
Mad Poster
#167 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:04 AM
It's reported that the super patch is available through the launcher now. Try it again.

The incremental patch they are working out, will be available at a later time. Maybe sometime after never.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648423.page

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:20 AM
Also noticed that there are two new wood patterns and there are at least 4 new stone/marble patterns I have never seen before. did any one else notice. I did the super patch if that is what made a difference.
Me
Mad Poster
#169 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:32 AM
I saw a new carpet pattern and thought the wood had something new. I have to look at the rock/ stone pattern again.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#170 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:38 AM
I installed the patch through the super patcher and finally got my error of invalid file to go away, but now I have other issues. I am hoping someone else can say they have the same problems. My saved game, some of the sims and pets are frozen, and I reset them, only for them to bump to the front door and sit in the air or stand there bugged. I have removed all mods/CC and even caches, so it's something else wrong with my game. I made a new game thinking it was just my saved games, but it didn't solve the issue. I also cannot enter buy/build mode, because they don't exist- see images below.

As you can see the cursor just does this "standby" mode and nothing happens. I have to ctrl+alt+delete to get out of game after that. I've been working on this issue for most of the evening.
Retired
retired moderator
#171 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 1:38 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 21st Feb 2013 at 3:25 AM. Reason: I was actually drunk when I posted that. But I typo just as badly when sober.
Quote:

You will, and thank you. It's an enormous shame there have to essentially be two games, one for the masses, and your more refined one for us.

Same breath, the apartments already sucked on a slurry of grapes and oysters, so anything at all is an improvement. Other than this, Uni looks good, and I just pieced together enough to preorder, albeit I'm going the Pets route and culling daily essentials to manage it. Kinda want that party thingumagig. Oh EA. You have actually turned me into a crack addict. :/

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I installed the patch through the super patcher and finally got my error of invalid file to go away, but now I have other issues

It looks like your installation got corrupted.
Field Researcher
#173 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 2:56 AM
Super patch is probably your best option.
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Rather, they will create a brand new system that does not mesh properly with the old one. I think EA has a lot of turnover in their programming department, not many people are still around that remember what the existing systems actually do.

They wouldn't need to remember if they maintained their documentation.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#175 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 3:52 AM
Default thanks
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
It's reported that the super patch is available through the launcher now. Try it again.

The incremental patch they are working out, will be available at a later time. Maybe sometime after never.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648423.page

I got the patch to work but mastercontroler isent updated yet. I dont want to run my game with out my mods
Page 7 of 11